closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Omega/tudor new releases on the 7th?

Anyone know if the pushers on the chrono screw down so you have to unscrew to use them?

I’d like to see the silver dial BB32/36/41 in the metal, to judge how silvery it actually is. I think a polar white dial of that watch would’ve been a hit - especially as Rolex got rid of the white OP.

The chronos look really good but I’m not personally a chrono fan. No doubt they’ll be a hit though.

I like the look of the BB58 in grey but not sure what I think of the silver case and lack of bracelet - plus the added thickness. My biggest wishes for Tudor were smaller Ranger and, more so, that they’d slim down the BB divers (the 41mm’s) as it’s the thickness that’s putting me off going for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    It was discontinued a while back, right?

Was hoping they’d come up with a similar unique design today. But I suppose it wasn’t particularly well loved, and they still do have the Pelagos. For now at least.
    There has been lots of talk about it being discontinued for about 3 years now but until it comes off the website it's still a current model, it didn't drop from the website until today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obscure reference.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post
    Anyone know if the pushers on the chrono screw down so you have to unscrew to use them?
    If they are the same as the previous model then yes. I also watched a YouTube vid review of the new release which clearly showed the start/stop pusher unscrewed and the reset pusher screwed in, so that backs that up.

Journeyman
    I would rather buy a bimetal submariner for less than the gold BB58. I don’t see the good doing that well, maybe they should’ve made it a limited edition of 79. And made 925 of the silver 58s

Craftsman
    The chrono has 200m WR so I’d expect they’re screw down pushers. Really like the look of the pandas, but 45min seems a random duration to be able to time - why not sack off the sub seconds and replace with an hour sun dial.

While we’re on the wish list, love the size of the original BB58s, but would prefer something more travel related like an independent hour hand, and I’ve never quite got on with the lack of crown guards.

I like the idea of Tudor being what rolex were - quality robust tool watches at a reasonable price. But I also struggle to shake the poor mans rolex comment.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I actually quite like the look of the chrono, will definitely be having a proper look in the flesh/metal.
    Also at £3900, I don't think it's priced to badly.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

I am warming to the silver bb58 after seeing the photo on hodinkee.

I wonder what the green gold bb58 means for the harrods blackbay? could that too be getting an update to the 58?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Why would anyone considering a 'dive/toolwatch' ever purchase silver as a case material. Ceramic, yes, bronze, hmm, ok, but silver, really. Next step watchwise maybe, zinc, copper, iron, etc, etc. Silver maybe ok as a dressy watch material end of.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Most people who buy it though won’t be using it as a diver/tool watch. They are not like us, and will buy it purely because they like the look of it. They are normal!

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    I wonder what the green gold bb58 means for the harrods blackbay? could that too be getting an update to the 58?
    How did you make that jump?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    Most people who buy it though won’t be using it as a diver/tool watch. They are not like us, and will buy it purely because they like the look of it. They are normal!
    There is a sizeable minority of people on here that will not wear their Seadweller in the shower...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    There is a sizeable minority of people on here that will not wear their Seadweller in the shower...
    Ha! That is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I definitely will if it's a cold shower (4000ft seals don't work with warm water).

I quite liked the look of the white dialled chrono’s until I realised white hands on a mostly white dial are pretty useless when it comes to telling the time. The precious metal BB58’s just made me shrug and think ‘why’? - nothing there to tempt me

Master
    Short Jenni Elle review of the chronos here:

https://youtu.be/cjiut3VBQW0

The BB58 works best in the bracelet imo. The gold and silver ones come on a strap only, which is weird. Not a fan.

Firstly I’m a huge Tudor fan but I hate that gold bb58 . Precious metal diver - with no bracelet option - on canvas - for approaching the same price as a Cermit and an oyster perpetual together?

Just a huge no. Silver interesting but no more than that. Winner is the chrono all day long. White for me. £3900 would need me to sell a couple but I’m toying with the idea ....

I suspect Tudor might start leaning into the Royal line a bit more, if the integrated bracelet trend continues, as well as some sort of (spiritual) replacement for the North Flag in a year or so’s time.
    Last edited by Operation Grandslam; 9th April 2021 at 09:38.

Craftsman
    I love Tudor and have owned 3 different models to date, with plans to buy a BB58 (original black) at some point. I have to say, I think the gold and green BB58 released this week is absolutely horrendous. It looks terrible. As Rusty says above, neither of the PM BB58s really make any sense. A strange set of releases, I'm sure most ordinary people would have been more than happy with some colour variants on the BB58 range, maybe a Coke option for the GMT.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    There has been lots of talk about it being discontinued for about 3 years now but until it comes off the website it's still a current model, it didn't drop from the website until today.

- - - Updated - - -

Obscure reference.
    I see what you mean. It was available at one UK stockist (at rrp) up until recently, I hesitated because I'd missed out on the big discount a few months previous.

The steel bezel BB is also apparently done for but still widely available. I think with the date window it could be of minor interest after being discontinued. Versatile watch too.

Master
    Having had time to think on the releases I think Tudor have missed the mark this year.

- The new chrono offerings look nice but are now the same dimensions as the BB 41 which is a watch that is widely regarded as being too big with a height of 14.5mm and a 22mm lug width. As such there are a lot of folk that still won’t buy one. They should have made the lug width 20mm and shrunk the watch to 13mm thick. This would have made it more wearable for a lot more people. I see this as a missed opportunity to get the watches on more wrists.

- The new 58’s are odd. Silver doesn’t age well so it will be interesting to see what happens there. The aesthetic is pleasant enough though. Also, who was asking for a silver watch and aren’t PM watches supposed to have elements of high polish to emphasise the lustre of the material? The display case back is a joke when you look at the movement. There is nothing to be proud of from a finishing perspective. Great movements but VERY bland to look at. The price of the yellow gold one is nuts, and no bracelet. Anyone spending 12k on a Tudor is a bit mental. There are so many other watches that enter that price bracket, even offerings from Rolex all be it bi-metal or ss. Seems odd to have a Tudor that much more expensive than Rolex offerings.

Many were hoping for a Coke GMT given the teasers or more ss colours for the 58 which I am sure will come in time. I’ll be sticking with my blue 58 and GMT for now.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 9th April 2021 at 13:40.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Short Jenni Elle review of the chronos here:

https://youtu.be/cjiut3VBQW0
    That slab side profile looks awful, I know it's a signature of their current line up but it really detracts from the rest of the design. It's almost like they ran out of time when designing them and thought 'that'll do'.
    Almost everything else I like about these though except they should have made the snowflake part of the hour hand transparent.

Master
    Both the black and opaline chronos available on Chrono24 for £7,950... Bonkers.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post

Speculation....

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    That slab side profile looks awful, I know it's a signature of their current line up but it really detracts from the rest of the design. It's almost like they ran out of time when designing them and thought 'that'll do'.
    Almost everything else I like about these though except they should have made the snowflake part of the hour hand transparent.
    I love the thicker cases. It reminds me of Tudor’s big block. I’m a huge fan of the cases of the 41mm Black Bays.

Ive had a call about a new Tudor Chrono, so fingers crossed.
    It's just a matter of time...

I doubt it but I wonder if the original black bay bracelet fits? Really don't like rivets.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I doubt it but I wonder if the original black bay bracelet fits? Really don't like rivets.
    That’s the one thing I’d change on every current Black Bay, the old bracelet might fit (the older 3 handler bracelets fit fine, and the Ranger bracelet fits too, but without fitted end pieces) - but like the cases, on the wrist I’ve never noticed them. I wore my Harrods yesterday and it just looked great and fitted very well :)

Almost certain the old bracelets fit the normal bb case on the new ones. The chrono case was redesigned though so not certain old bracelet fits it

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    That’s the one thing I’d change on every current Black Bay, the old bracelet might fit (the older 3 handler bracelets fit fine, and the Ranger bracelet fits too, but without fitted end pieces) - but like the cases, on the wrist I’ve never noticed them. I wore my Harrods yesterday and it just looked great and fitted very well :)
    I wasn't a fan on either of the Black Bay Blacks but I did buy the last one as an 'office watch' so was staring at them often. In the end I put it on a strap and made it a weekend watch. I do want another at some point and the Chrono could be just the ticket.

I'd forgotten the end links weren't attached, might give me options if I'm anal enough. Food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Almost certain the old bracelets fit the normal bb case on the new ones. The chrono case was redesigned though so not certain old bracelet fits it
    Will be interesting to see in the flesh. Redesigned to mitigate thickness (0.9mm thinner) but no doubt the lugs were touched too. Can't get my head around a chrono diver but it's a seriously nice looking watch...

Omega/tudor new releases on the 7th?

I wasn't a fan on either of the Black Bay Blacks but I did buy the last one as an 'office watch' so was staring at them often. In the end I put it on a strap and made it a weekend watch. I do want another at some point and the Chrono could be just the ticket.

I'd forgotten the end links weren't attached, might give me options if I'm anal enough. Food for thought. Will be interesting to see in the flesh. Redesigned to mitigate thickness (0.9mm thinner) but no doubt the lugs were touched too. Can't get my head around a chrono diver but it's a seriously nice looking watch...
    I have got two on the old bracelet. Actually don’t own any now on the new bracelet as I sold or traded them. I’ve asked the AD to get answer from the Tudor rep re whether old non river bracelet will fit new chrono case / will let you know.

Edit. Can’t remember / is the Harrods on the newer bracelet or the old would need to check as mines been on leather for ages.
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 10th April 2021 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Speculation....
    In this case better described as delusion!

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post

Plenty of people seem prepared to be mugged off to get their hands on a Rolex, but is anyone seriously going to pay double rrp for a Tudor? And I say that as a Tudor owner

I have got two on the old bracelet. Actually don’t own any now on the new bracelet as I sold or traded them. I’ve asked the AD to get answer from the Tudor rep re whether old non river bracelet will fit new chrono case / will let you know.

Edit. Can’t remember / is the Harrods on the newer bracelet or the old would need to check as mines been on leather for ages.
    Pretty sure it's the new. I do like the Harrods and I'm on the list but not convinced it won't end up sold like the previous two blacks I had. Still, always nice to try a new watch.

The Harrods, like all Chronometer in-house BB’s is on a Rivet bracelet

Got offered the white chrono on Monday from AD - so might get it. Pics may follow.

Just seen the new panda chronos from Tudor.
    Lovely.

Hopefully Goldsmiths will be open from Monday and if they’ve one in stock I shall be there!
    (Tried the website but they’re “expression of interest” only, otherwise I would have bought one - they do next day delivery for orders before 9pm!)

I like the white face but as per a previous comment about white face and hands, I wonder if it will be a little awkward to read sometimes?
    They both look great.

I bought the original version back in 2019 (new! One of only a few ever bought new for me) and the quality was outstanding.
    Price is good, would prefer over a Speedie or any of its peers. I’m having one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    Local AD have both the BB chronos in for viewing. I am going to have a look Friday.
    My preference at the moment is the white dial but we shall see.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by noidea; 13th April 2021 at 09:54.

Journeyman
    I went to my local AD today and saw both the white and black Tudor chronos and the silver Black Bay in the flesh. I managed to be restrained and not buy one!
    The chronos have a quality look and feel about them, especially at that price point. The one thing that caught my eye was the width of the bracelet and to my eye was a bit too wide for the watch, but it was only compared to the watch I was wearing today and I’m sure the proportions are something I would get used to.
    The dial on the silver black bay was striking and I think the case/dial/bezel colours work very well together. It was a bit lighter than I thought it’d be. Again, I was impressed with it but the slight niggle for me was the case back. Why you’d want to look at that movement is beyond me.

That combination is spot on. Really like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    That combination is spot on. Really like that!
    Cheers buddy, it’s a Pav79 special

Journeyman
    Panda chronos are on the money!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by AP1 View Post
    Why you’d want to look at that movement is beyond me.
    I’m somewhere on the fence obviously it isn’t a well decorated movement but I still think it helps people getting in to watches to see the craftsmanship that goes in to these pieces. You can see the mechanical system working. for someone a Tudor could be an entry in to luxury watches and a display case back might help them realise the added cost of a quartz watch. It could also be a cost thing, I know silver isn’t that expensive but I don’t know what a lab grown Sapphire Crystal costs.

Working out the silver cost I estimate no more than £77 for the raw silver for the entire watch. (I don’t know the weight of the silver black bay 58,) my basis for this is a BB58 on a bracelet weighs 143g grams and the current spot price of silver is 58.38 pence per gram so 143g of silver would cost around £83 and then the silver is only 92.5% pure so £77 roughly and that would be on a bracelet the weight of just the silver case is probably much less in reality. I’m sure they spent a lot on research and metallurgy compositions. Also I imagine they needed new tooling and different processes for the machining of the silver. It will be interesting to see if the silver develops milk spots over time.
    Last edited by P3T3R; 13th April 2021 at 09:58.

Popped into my local AD and despite it being completely unnecessary and somewhat a strange decision to go with silver, it really is an unusual watch and colourway. Personally
    really liked it and appreciate it wont be for everyone but it is in the collection now :-)

Display case back is pointless with a bit of a boring looking movement but makes very little difference on wearability with the depth and it is surprisingly light.

Last edited by TonyAFC8; 13th April 2021 at 17:30.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice, I like the look of that.

Looks like a black and white photo of a standard black bay!

Wasn’t really sold on the silver thing, but the colour does look really good. Just a shame it doesn’t come on a bracelet

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Wasn’t really sold on the silver thing, but the colour does look really good. Just a shame it doesn’t come on a bracelet

Is there an engineering reason why they couldn’t offer a silver bracelet? Would it wear fast ?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Is there an engineering reason why they couldn’t offer a silver bracelet? Would it wear fast ?
    Presumably cost? Plenty of silver bracelets as jewellery out there. And the watch is clearly intended as mechanical jewellery.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Looks like a black and white photo of a standard black bay!
    Yeah, not the best pictures. Will get some better natural light ones on tomorrow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Presumably cost? Plenty of silver bracelets as jewellery out there. And the watch is clearly intended as mechanical jewellery.
    If you are spending this kind of money is cost really that much of a barrier?