closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Omega/tudor new releases on the 7th?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Is there an engineering reason why they couldn’t offer a silver bracelet? Would it wear fast ?
    Not that I can think of. Tudor reckon the case won’t wear, so surely a bracelet wouldn’t? And cost wouldn’t be much more than the steel. A shame not to even have the option seeing as existing 58 bracelets won’t match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the fabric/ nato on the green gold model will be available to purchase separately, fancy this for BB58 OG

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Not that I can think of. Tudor reckon the case won’t wear, so surely a bracelet wouldn’t? And cost wouldn’t be much more than the steel. A shame not to even have the option seeing as existing 58 bracelets won’t match

I like the idea of a silver BB in fact I have searched high and low for a decent silver cased watch most are vintage watches that are quite small. The nearest I found was a U Boat one that was out a few years ago but was about 48mm so a big no for me.

I dont think its a matter of wear I think its the target audience of the watch. All silver watches I have found have been on a leather strap (Vintage ones) except for ladies watches. My other half has a few so I dont think its anything to do with wear I just think its about perception and silver watches on a silver bracelet seem to be on ladies watches, gents watches on a leather strap.

I think its great Tudor have gone down this route and why not? No different than two tone or gold watches your paying for something a bit different and this one may well end up on my shopping list.

Master
    I have an appointment to see one of these silver cased 58s. If I do go for it something will have to make way, I would prefer the nato but it has the leather strap

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I have an appointment to see one of these silver cased 58s. If I do go for it something will have to make way, I would prefer the nato but it has the leather strap

I would have preferred the Nato too but the leather is good quality, the nato has been ordered but no price yet.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I like the idea of a silver BB in fact I have searched high and low for a decent silver cased watch most are vintage watches that are quite small. The nearest I found was a U Boat one that was out a few years ago but was about 48mm so a big no for me.
    Have you seen Stowa's silver Flieger?

https://www.stowa.de/en/flieger+klas...nitas+6497.htm

Don't quote me on this however I think I read somewhere that only one has been made (and reserved as per the notification in that link) though there may be another 20, something to do with acquiring the appropriate movements is delaying things. If you're interested then contact Stowa directly, their customer service response is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Yeah, not the best pictures. Will get some better natural light ones on tomorrow.

Look forward to them.

Was not enthused by the release but the pics look interesting. Think it looks fine on a strap.

Didn't know they hit the streets so soon. Even though I'm not in the msrket for one, I might have to go take a look. I like the look of the silver model.

Master

Omega/tudor new releases on the 7th?

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
    I’m somewhere on the fence obviously it isn’t a well decorated movement but I still think it helps people getting in to watches to see the craftsmanship that goes in to these pieces. You can see the mechanical system working. for someone a Tudor could be an entry in to luxury watches and a display case back might help them realise the added cost of a quartz watch. It could also be a cost thing, I know silver isn’t that expensive but I don’t know what a lab grown Sapphire Crystal costs.

Working out the silver cost I estimate no more than £77 for the raw silver for the entire watch. (I don’t know the weight of the silver black bay 58,) my basis for this is a BB58 on a bracelet weighs 143g grams and the current spot price of silver is 58.38 pence per gram so 143g of silver would cost around £83 and then the silver is only 92.5% pure so £77 roughly and that would be on a bracelet the weight of just the silver case is probably much less in reality. I’m sure they spent a lot on research and metallurgy compositions. Also I imagine they needed new tooling and different processes for the machining of the silver. It will be interesting to see if the silver develops milk spots over time.
    925 silver seems to be 25% more dense than steel. So for the same case you would expect the silver version to be heavier by 1/4th.
    This is a very gross approximation. In reality the difference would be much less because the movement is the same and they are using sapphire in the caseback...

Last edited by Ar.parask; 14th April 2021 at 23:19.

Amazingly a 925 sold one eBay for 5.5k from a dealer in Scotland.

Amazingly a 925 sold one eBay for 5.5k from a dealer in Scotland.

That's a head scratcher. People seem to be walking into ADs and trying them on, anyone paying a premium either has copious funds or got carried away!

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Have you seen Stowa's silver Flieger?

https://www.stowa.de/en/flieger+klas...nitas+6497.htm

Don't quote me on this however I think I read somewhere that only one has been made (and reserved as per the notification in that link) though there may be another 20, something to do with acquiring the appropriate movements is delaying things. If you're interested then contact Stowa directly, their customer service response is spot on.
    Didn’t know about this one I have a couple of Stowa watches what’s with all these silver watches all of a sudden? Like buses!

:)

Master
    From what I understand each ad has an allocation of one of each of the new watches and except the gold 58. After that, they are making a list and are not sure when deliveries will occur

QUOTE=M1011;5726060]That's a head scratcher. People seem to be walking into ADs and trying them on, anyone paying a premium either has copious funds or got carried away![/QUOTE]

I cannot find an AD within 100 miles of me that has either of the new Chronos in stock.

Goldsmiths said today they had no idea when they would receive their allocation.
    A number of independents have me on their list too, but very little info on when they will see the watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    I cannot find an AD within 100 miles of me that has either of the new Chronos in stock.

Goldsmiths said today they had no idea when they would receive their allocation.
    A number of independents have me on their list too, but very little info on when they will see the watches.

White dial was in stock in Ernest Jones Kingston on Tuesday. As was the black.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    White dial was in stock in Ernest Jones Kingston on Tuesday. As was the black.
    What did you think of them? I like the black but people who have seen both seem to favour the white.

Master
    Where are you based? There was a white one in DMR Canary Wharf along with BB58 Blue. Probably worth giving them a call as they operate on appointments only at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What did you think of them? I like the black but people who have seen both seem to favour the white.
    White was superb. And at £3.9k is a lot of watch for the money

Tried both on and great watches, the white is the pick of the two for me. Very tempted

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    White was superb. And at £3.9k is a lot of watch for the money
    Tried both on and great watches, the white is the pick of the two for me. Very tempted

Interest, thanks. I'm trying to get a white Exp2 so ruled the white one out automatically as one white dial is enough imo.

I'm off to register for the Exp2 on Sunday so will see if they have either to have a look at. A lot of watch (and warranty) for the money indeed but an OP41 is 'only' £800 more.

The white does have legibility issues but honestly I couldn’t care less

I really couldn’t afford it but also really couldn’t resist it. Regrette rien

Can't remember if I've posted this or not but the thickness of the BB Chrono really doesn't look bad at all.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Didn’t know about this one I have a couple of Stowa watches what’s with all these silver watches all of a sudden? Like buses!

:)
    When Eddie was designing the PRS-9 he considered making a few (10?) in silver. I really wanted one but the cost seemed an issue, and he didn’t want to take deposits. I would have loved one, plenty of watches from the 1900s were silver cased and serviced. A pilot watch might be more suitable than a diver, but I can understand why someone would buy the 925 Tudor.

Can't remember if I've posted this or not but the thickness of the BB Chrono really doesn't look bad at all.
    BB58 = 11.9mm
    BB58 925 = 12.7mm
    New Chrono = 14.2mm
    Black Bay = 14.7mm

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    BB58 = 11.9mm
    BB58 925 = 12.7mm
    New Chrono = 14.2mm
    Black Bay = 14.7mm
    Previous BB Chrono = 15.1mm

Journeyman
    I went to view the white dial chrono earlier this evening, absolutely stunning watch and interested registered.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post

Nice one! That looks fabulous. Love that strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Nice one! That looks fabulous. Love that strap.
    Cheap and cheerful from watchgecko

Master

Tudor used to give a blackish hue to the hands in the panda dials in the past... can’t believe how they missed it on this one.

Here is a photo of mine
    Last edited by Ar.parask; 16th April 2021 at 08:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Tudor used to give a blackish hue to the hands in the panda dials in the past... can’t believe how they missed it on this one.

Here is a photo of mine
    Looks great. Be interesting to see if the hands dull down over time.

Master

Looks great. Be interesting to see if the hands dull down over time.
    I haven’t seen it happen.
    Big blocks of the 80s and 90s had the same treatment on the hands and they are still going strong...

Journeyman
    Interested to see more BB36 silver in the wild if anyone has one. Had my heart set on black/bracelet but now I'm not so sure. That chrono is a beautiful piece btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    I haven’t seen it happen.
    Big blocks of the 80s and 90s had the same treatment on the hands and they are still going strong...

I mean if the new ones darken a bit over time

Craftsman
    Had a look at both the chronos this afternoon, I have ordered a white face. The AD have been allocated 6 of each dial colour with delivery by the end of the year. That is fine with me.
    I had a good look at the silver BB too. The dial and bezel look really good. Unfortunately too small for me. One thing I would add is the display case back seems a bit strange. The movement is hardly a looker and it is quite a small window.
    The strap keeper is a poor effort too. There is nothing to stop it falling off. Normally there are two so the fixed one stops the floating one disappearing.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by noidea; 16th April 2021 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I had a good look at the silver BB too. The dial and bezel look really good. Unfortunately too small for me. One thing I would add is the display case back seems a bit strange. The movement is hardly a looker and it is quite a small window.

I had a good look at the chronos this afternoon. The slightly slimmer profile than my now old version, is nice. The new one seemed to hug my small wrist a bit better.

I also had the opportunity to view the new BB58 silver. It’s really nice and looks considerably better than my photo. The dial and bezel colour really hit the mark for me. I totally agree on the display case back though. A complete waste for that movement.

I’ve got to admit I was very tempted with the white Chrono but have committed to no major watch purchases, while I save for something special later this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I mean if the new ones darken a bit over time
    I don’t think so.
    It was the intention of Tudor to have the hands blackened.
    The black dial versions had the silvery ones and these have also not changed over time.
    Here is a picks of one of the black dialed one I have;

Silver BB58 in the window of Micheal Spiers in Truro this afternoon at RRP, I was passing as I was working down there, did not go in, did not know what it was to be honest until I looked it up 10 minutes ago.

Looked cool.

Craftsman
    Does anyone know if the other BB bracelets (22mm from BB 41mm/GMT/BB Chrono) fit the new Chrono?

Master
    Bloombarwatches have both the black & white faces.......................£6,900!
    Mad, mad, mad.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Bloombarwatches have both the black & white faces.......................£6,900!
    Mad, mad, mad.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Explains why I couldn't pick up the black from the AD today. I thought there was a good chance of picking one up on the spot but I was very wrong. Demand through the roof.

Explains why I couldn't pick up the black from the AD today. I thought there was a good chance of picking one up on the spot but I was very wrong. Demand through the roof.
    Based on other popular Tudor releases, I imagine it'll ease off pretty quickly after the initial rush (and folk trying to make a quick buck off the wave of interest). I remember the same happening last year with the Blue BB58.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Based on other popular Tudor releases, I imagine it'll ease off pretty quickly after the initial rush (and folk trying to make a quick buck off the wave of interest). I remember the same happening last year with the Blue BB58.
    The GMT wasn't easy to get either. I waited 6 months for mine, got it almost a year after it was originally released.

Journeyman
    The BB58 Blue and GMT can be had for £2300-£2400 readily poor residuals. You can get 3 month old ones for this price so losing around 30%

I'm surprised at how quickly we've seen the new Tudors purchased by forum members...ie the fact the watches must have been in store ready for announcement day. I'm guessing you've got to be quick off the mark otherwise they'll get harder to find. I remember having to hunt hard to get my GMT and this was a good 6-months after the initial announcement for them.

Went to Westfield Stratford on Saturday...in the past it's been the best place to see new Tudors like the P01 in the window. None of the new models though. Was really hoping to see the chrono and the silver BB.

I have to say that I am very disappointed by this year's Tudor releases (and I say that as a Tudor fan).
    Like the P01 year, this one has been wasted answering questions that no-one was asking.
    Tudor never really did precious metals, they were the preserve of their costlier parent (apart from a few plated ones).
    And the chrono variants, whilst nice, are a bit meh for me, as I get my chronos elsewhere and prefer Tudor for dive watches.

So we are still left waiting for a different GMT variation, in size or colour.
    And for a different Pelagos, in size, or even with GMT
    Or a third steel BB58 version, with GMT or different colour.

Shame.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Went to Westfield Stratford on Saturday...in the past it's been the best place to see new Tudors like the P01 in the window. None of the new models though. Was really hoping to see the chrono and the silver BB.
    A friend went to the Tudor store in Westfield White City on the 12th and had both the white and black chrono in his hands. Between that and the day 1 pickups on here I thought they'd be easy to get but apparently not.

I think most stores had a decent allocation for launch but after that it's unclear how available these will be. A post earlier in this thread said one store was expecting 6 per year but no idea re size of store, chain and if that's 3 or 6 of each colour etc

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    The BB58 Blue and GMT can be had for £2300-£2400 readily poor residuals. You can get 3 month old ones for this price so losing around 30%
    Yes that is true now, but the GMT had very limited availability in first 6-12 months. Not sure about BB58 but it seemed that way with lots of people on here posting about going on lists for it. It may well be the case with these chronos and latest 58 that in 12 months you can pick one up 2nd hand at a nice reduction :)

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I have to say that I am very disappointed by this year's Tudor releases (and I say that as a Tudor fan).
    Like the P01 year, this one has been wasted answering questions that no-one was asking.
    Tudor never really did precious metals, they were the preserve of their costlier parent (apart from a few plated ones).
    And the chrono variants, whilst nice, are a bit meh for me, as I get my chronos elsewhere and prefer Tudor for dive watches.

So we are still left waiting for a different GMT variation, in size or colour.
    And for a different Pelagos, in size, or even with GMT
    Or a third steel BB58 version, with GMT or different colour.

Shame.
    Dave
    Do you see the Pelagos sticking around, long term?

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Do you see the Pelagos sticking around, long term?
    I do, for sure. It provides the range with a tool-like credibility that the BB ignores for being a little dressier.
    It extends the range, rather than repeating it.
    I can see the model range increasing, they have taken it from 1 model to 3 so far, and have ignored it for a while, which is why I thought we might get another one.
    It still features relatively regularly in Tudor's SocMed output too, which I would have thought would tail off if they fancied discontuning it.
    But what do I know, Tudor (for me) seem to be ignoring some golden opportunities at the moment...........
    D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I do, for sure. It provides the range with a tool-like credibility that the BB ignores for being a little dressier.
    It extends the range, rather than repeating it.
    I can see the model range increasing, they have taken it from 1 model to 3 so far, and have ignored it for a while, which is why I thought we might get another one.
    It still features relatively regularly in Tudor's SocMed output too, which I would have thought would tail off if they fancied discontuning it.
    But what do I know, Tudor (for me) seem to be ignoring some golden opportunities at the moment...........
    D
    I am sure your predictions will come true down the line.
    But they also seem to be able to drive revenue even with their questionable releases so why put everything out in one go when they can milk their audience for much longer?