closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CWC 1980 Reissue - s/h value?

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Aye the price on that is only gonna go one way - and I’m willing to bet heavily on DOWN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s in the ball park of current going rates. It’s not over priced but It’s not the best example

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    It’s in the ball park of current going rates. It’s not over priced but It’s not the best example
    Really? I’d seen the odd one for 4-5k on eBay but nothing close to that. Not that I’ve paid too much attention outside of what I was looking for. Every day is a school day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've only recently noticed that the one I linked has a hybrid 80/83 dial - is that something that's pushing the price up?

Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    I've only recently noticed that the one I linked has a hybrid 80/83 dial - is that something that's pushing the price up?
    I would have thought it goes against the Watch as 1980 and 81 should have a non circled logo, so what's an 83 Dial doing on a 81 watch. The seller tries to explain, but I'm not convinced.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I would have thought it goes against the Watch as 1980 and 81 should have a non circled logo, so what's an 83 Dial doing on a 81 watch. The seller tries to explain, but I'm not convinced.
    Ah, just looked again and read the description. At a passing look, I'd thought the lume went all the way to the rehaut 80-style. So, yup, point taken

I do agree it will hit the price.
    It’s the logo that’s the issue, that said it’s not unknown for the MOD watchmakers to use parts at hand. - that would be my guess at explaining the mis match, plus we don’t know for sure when CWC changed the Logo, the chronographs had the oval in 82 so this could well the last of the 81s (it has an 81 style dial and hands - bar the logo)
    The same seller has an 83 quartz for sale that is in a well loved condition.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 20th April 2021 at 09:36.

I do agree it will hit the price.
    It’s the logo that’s the issue, that said it’s not unknown for the MOD watchmakers to use parts at hand. - that would be my agent at explaining the mis match, plus we don’t know for sure when CWC changed the Logo, the chronographs had the oval in 82 so this could well the last of the 81s (it has an 81 style dial and hands - bar the logo)
    The same seller has an 83 quartz for sale that is in a well loved condition.
    Do you ever see a genuine 1980 listed for sale. I think I've seen the odd one appear at auction, but don't recall seeing one listed on a dealers website. I think Colin on here has one if I remember rightly.

Do you ever see a genuine 1980 listed for sale. I think I've seen the odd one appear at auction, but don't recall seeing one listed on a dealers website. I think Colin on here has one if I remember rightly.
    Every now and again at auction, they are all with collectors (some have more than 1) I have never known one at a dealers.
    There were only about 100 CWC divers produced and issued in 1980 and another 100 in 81
    Common they ain’t!

https://cwcaddict.com/rn-diver
    This article covers the possible 82 dial very briefly.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 19th April 2021 at 21:17.

Listed this afternoon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254962905...UAAOSwGSpgjV1d

I'm tempted

Craftsman
    Listed this afternoon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254962905...UAAOSwGSpgjV1d

I'm tempted
    I've bought from that seller, and resolved a problem thoroughly amicably; from the experience I'd say they're a good honest seller 👍

Craftsman
    Oh yes .... me too. It's the same seller that sold the other one for 1350 a few weeks back.

Bit confused so which lume this one has though.

Quote Originally Posted by COMEX View Post
    Oh yes .... me too. It's the same seller that sold the other one for 1350 a few weeks back.

Bit confused so which lume this one has though.
    I think the earlier one he sold was the C3 lume and I'm guessing the one listed now is the lighter plots (tritium yellow if you like).

Just sold in the last 10 mins or so - anyone on here.

I came close, but I bought an 82 Fat Boy the other day and would rather hold fire in case any other decent early stuff turns up.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up and yes it was me who pulled the trigger... now I just have to figure out a way to get it across the channel :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEX View Post
    Thanks for the heads up and yes it was me who pulled the trigger...
    Good call! :)