closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TIME FOR KIDS INITIATIVE - watches going to be sold to raise funds to buy even more!

Master
    Blog Entries

TIME FOR KIDS INITIATIVE - watches going to be sold to raise funds to buy even more!

Hello members of TZ Forum

A goodly number of you will recall with Eddies total support and blessing, I embarked on a wee initiative called “Time For Kids” after I realised a lot of school age children couldn’t both tell the time by hands on a clock or watch, or understand what the hands of a watch/clock meant in terms of the waking day.

And so, with agreement of the local primary school headteacher, I started to donate the myriad of old watches I and my wider family and friends had, like many of you it appears, kept in drawers, cupboards and secure places to the school for the headteacher to pass on to the kids. He took on the responsibility for allocating the watches, ideally to those kids who don’t have much or can’t afford shiny new smart watches like many wear nowadays. Suddenly the school kids were keen to engage with teachers and they began to understand what time meant in relation to a normal day. I asked never to be named and this has remained.

Then I opened up awareness of this initiative to this and another forum. Remarkable and overwhelming are the words I use to describe the kindness shown by so many!! I can’t thank the kjnd members enough.

From donations of old watches, brand new in the box, to cash donations that enables me to buy lots of watches from say Amazon that are then handed out. It has been unbelievable. So much so, “Time For Kids” has spread locally to 4 primary schools, the High School and Sea Cadets.

So, I now need to sell some of those I was given to raise funds to buy multiples to hand out. Yes, the initiative is getting big but it’s manageable.

You’ll start to see the range I have for sale soon: Citizen, Casio, Timex, TitaniC (I think). All boxed and never worn. I was gobsmacked when they arrived! I also have a small number of MWC and Pulsar Military chronos. I need to check some of these work and I will get new batteries to do so.

There you have it good people of this and other forum.

Watch this space for some lovely pieces coming up - and if you want to buy or donate, please get in touch.

THANK YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOU’VE DONE HERE!

Jim

Master
    Great to hear it's going well and it's your time and effort which is the big factor.

I'll have a rummage and be in touch!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    Great to hear it's going well and it's your time and effort which is the big factor.

I'll have a rummage and be in touch!
    You have been very kind with this S. thank you again!!

Keep safe and well!

Warm regards

Jim

Sounds like it is really taking off Jim, we’ll done you, a brilliant initiative!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    Sounds like it is really taking off Jim, we’ll done you, a brilliant initiative!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thank you. That means a lot!

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi everyone

I’ve been asked on another forum whose members have been very kind, to bump this up to give a background to this initiative.

Hope it helps and happy to take donations. Thank you.

Jim