closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio GW-5000-1JF not updating time after the clocks changed

Casio GW-5000-1JF not updating time after the clocks changed

I've had my Casio GW-5000-1JF for three years and have never needed to adjust the time after the clocks changed, it's just updated automatically overnight.

However it is now an hour behind after the spring forward.

Is something amiss?

Craftsman
    Tried this link?
    https://support.casio.com/en/manual/...09&MODULE=3159

and perform a manual receive.

I know that should some of the models fail to receive a signal for a few days then they'll reduce it to once a week in order to save the battery. Perhaps yours has gone into this mode and simply hasn't been looking for a signal since the change.

In my experience a lot of the metal cased Casio solar/atomics receive a signal less often than the cheaper plastic cased versions like the basic 5610. I have about a dozen Casio solar/atomics and the plastic ones receive a signal daily even in a drawer, whereas the metal ones like my frogman are less reliable (although they’ll synch about once a week). Weather seems to affect this as well, in stormy winter weather the whole lot will fail to synch for a couple of days. Ps I’m not as nerdy as this sounds, just noticed over the years, honest!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won't need a signal to adjust the time providing you have the correct date and time zone set.

My bet is you have the watch set to UCT or you have daylight savings turned off (which is a feature on some Casio watches). I'd recommend getting a guide video up on YouTube for the module and watching the relevant part, as it's almost definitely user error (which is good news as it's probably easily sorted!).

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    It won't need a signal to adjust the time providing you have the correct date and time zone set.

My bet is you have the watch set to UCT or you have daylight savings turned off (which is a feature on some Casio watches). I'd recommend getting a guide video up on YouTube for the module and watching the relevant part, as it's almost definitely user error (which is good news as it's probably easily sorted!).
    Actually I don’t think that’s correct - I’ve had a couple of Casio ‘atomic’ watches - set up absolutely correctly - not automatically change to or from DST until they receive a signal after that date. It’s easily remedied by carrying out a manual synch. Another remedy is wearing the watch in bed. Sounds mad but they always synch without fail if worn, as if they use the body as a big antenna (I’ll get my tin foil hat!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. I perfomed a manual signal recieve yesterday and it updated overnight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Great, glad that worked.

Craftsman
    Just checked mine and all seems ok, maybe yours missed the signal?
    Sometimes mine do for some reason, even though they are left in the same place every night.
    Maybe it’s a weather thing?