closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any experiences of BMW X6 m50d / m40d?

Craftsman

Any experiences of BMW X6 m50d / m40d?

I'm looking at 20 plate X6 m50d as my next car, any owners out there with good or bad points?

My mate has the X5 M40d it’s bulletproof

X6 is a v similar vehicle of course
    Reasonable mpg too - just watch the camber on the tyres as they need setting up properly or will wear badly on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any experiences of BMW X6 m50d / m40d?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    My mate has the X5 M40d it’s bulletproof

X6 is a v similar vehicle of course
    Reasonable mpg too - just watch the camber on the tyres as they need setting up properly or will wear badly on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X5 M40d? They never made one?? Do you mean X3? Which is a totally different animal all together to the new X5/6 M50D?

OP I Have the new G05 X5 In Saphire Black Met with the optional Air suspension. Tyres are fine no wear issues at all on this or previous X series vehicles I’ve had. 18k miles on mine and still 4mm left on original Tyres. Will be getting Michelin PS4’s when due to change. X6 wasn’t available when I got mine. Plus demand was off the charts for both new G series X5/6 and still is. Options are everything on these vehicles, although base spec is good a few well chosen option will make the whole vehicle more enjoyable.
    Merino/comfort seats with extended leather is one. Visibility package with laser lights are really good and change the front dramatically. Tech pack, M Package, Driving assist pro and park pro Acoustic glazing the list is endless etc these will also help come resell if purchasing and not leasing.

Few minor software issues nothing dramatic all fixed in the latest OTA updates which are working a treat.
    Merino leather negates the wrinkles leather issues found on early generations but again nothing serious.
    The M50d is a quad turbo and the complete package, I opted for the air as the standard sprung version was too firm. The never did a M40d in the X5/6 only a 40D M Sport recently. The X3/4 got the lower power M40d which whilst good its not in the same class as the M50d or G series X5/6. I did look at one but opted for the X5 as it’s more luxurious, better spec’d plus the seats are much more comfortable as well.

I love it, I’d say it’s the best all round package and the king of the SUV market. Im thinking X5M for my next one once things calm down. A very quick big vehicle indeed.
    Oh, get the 360 cameras as it is a bit of a beast, but does shrink down well when driving, you don’t feel the size as much as you’d think.

Diamond cut 22” wheels can be a bit of a pain, again the camera system is incredible on the new G series X5/6 helps avoid any kerb rash.

Black looks great when clean, in fact its the best colour, but damn it doesn't stay clean long and its a big piece of kit to clean. i only ever hand wash my cars, on enjoy it for the most part, but she's a big brute. I have the Skyline roof which is absolutely fantastic, something like 15000 LEDS built into it, at night it really does add a class to the cabin, plus the ambient lighting as simply superb. as you can tell i love this latest offering by BMW. I looked at all the other marques when shopping including Q8/LR/Velar/ Cayenne/GLE etc, but after driving them all the X5 won for me. Friend has the new LR, well i say he has it, but to be fair he has a demo/courtesy car on his drive most days as his is always in the shop for electrical issues.

COVID caused lots of production issues for BMW, more importantly shortages in materials, meaning they dropped a lot of the build spec in 2020/21 luckily I got mine in just before and built mine with a decent spec, but would struggle to build the same car now due to the above.

feel free to PM me for more info. Ok
    Last edited by Anygreg; 3rd April 2021 at 08:00.

We have an x5 40d M Sport - peach of an engine!.

Averaging around 32mpg - very fast, stable, planted drive.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I test drive a 2018 X5 m50 D, awful car, because the tyres are so wide it follows every imperfection in the road, spent al the time correcting the thing,

M50d has very hard suspension unless on the optional air (circa. £2.5k on top of the already £10k uplift over a 30d which comes with air standard).

I wanted the power but not the cost so chose a current model G05 X5 30d which was plenty quick enough. Note the M50d also has a triple turbo installation which is a tad worrying if you intend keeping beyond warranty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    M50d has very hard suspension unless on the optional air (circa. £2.5k on top of the already £10k uplift over a 30d which comes with air standard).

I wanted the power but not the cost so chose a current model G05 X5 30d which was plenty quick enough. Note the M50d also has a triple turbo installation which is a tad worrying if you intend keeping beyond warranty.
    Just out of curiosity why a worry? I’ve only had 1 turbo ever go in me, it wasn’t in the 5 series I ran until 190000 miles but a MAN unit with 1.2 million km on it and 7 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app