closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where would you buy?

Where would you buy?

I've found a watch I'm thinking of buying. The seller is based in Japan and has the listing on Ebay and Chrono24.

As a buyer is there one you'd rather be buying from than the other?

The price on eBay is the same price as Chrono24 so that's not a deciding factor.

Are there discounts available via Chrono24 that you're not going to get via Ebay?

Any words if wisdow or advice appreciated.

On Chrono24 you pay to an escrow account so the seller doesn't get the money until you have the watch and confirm that you are happy with it. Obviously on e-bay you pay up front, but are protected.

Not much to choose between either to be honest and you can make an offer to the seller on both.

Don't forget to factor in 20% VAT when the Watch lands here plus a couriers fee.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 2nd April 2021 at 18:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    On Chrono24 you pay to an escrow account so the seller doesn't get the money until you have the watch and confirm that you are happy with it. Obviously on e-bay you pay up front, but are protected.

Not much to choose between either to be honest and you can make an offer to the seller on both.

Don't forget to factor in 20% VAT when the Watch lands here plus a couriers fee.
    Thank you for this. That's useful to know. I went back and checked and there's a suggest a price option on Chrono24 where there is no offer function via ebay. This would suggest there's at least some wiggle room in pricing via Chrono24.

Are people achieving the same kinds of discounts via Chrono24 they do in stores? What's reasonable to expect to achieve?

With regards the VAT issue thays covered thanks 👍🏻

I'd go Chrono24. I had a few issues with a watch I bought via their platform, once alerted Chrono24 swung into action and I felt my money was 100% protected and they offered to mediate if required.
    Communication between C24 and myself was excellent and easy...all was happily sorted out.

Having bought from eBay in the past where things were not right, comparing eBay and C24's resolution/protection process, I'd go for C24.

All IMO of course :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thank you for your input. It's very much appreciated.

You can make an offer on both eBay & C24, but be aware C24's offer process will tell you you're being optimistic ...I offered 10% below and it told me to reconsider. I didn't & placed the offer, it was accepted by the seller.

Cynical perhaps, C24's process tries to do that to dissuade low offers as it'll reduce their commission!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'll keep that in mind. I should think the dealers are expecting people to ask for something. I see where you're coming from about dissuading lower offers to minimise the impact on their fees.

Craftsman
    C24 fees are lower than eBay, so in theory a sellor would be more likely to accept a lower offer.

Think it's 6% vs 10%.

Thanks Lusty. I read somewhere that the fees for selling on C24 are between 2.5% and 8.5% depending on the subscription plan of the seller.

Journeyman
    Do you use PayPal with eBay, because those fees have to be taken into account? When I buy cheaper watches I usually message the chrono seller suggesting 20% off for a direct sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    At least with Japan they usually have great, accurate descriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve bought four watches from Chrono24,no issues.EBay I believe you get longer to return the item if a problem occurs.

Thank you all for the input. It appears I've got some more time to weigh up the pros and cons all be it I'm leaning towards C24.

However I noticed the same watch for sale with at least 3 different Japanese sellers which has made me wary for sure.