closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rolex 2021 April 7th Release Thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Your school sounds WAY cooler than my school!
    We did all sorts of outdoors stuff; it was a posh boys school so all part of that ‘building character’ stuff those sorts of schools like to do. I did love kayaking and pony trekking (!!) and rock climbing was great; but it was the ‘walk along the biggest viaduct we can find and make the boys step off and abseil down’ that spoiled them for me. I remember some poor boys freezing up on the ledge regularly, in tears. I’m sure it just induced lifelong phobias!

Master
    I think the most important thing is for Rolex to continue their programme of improving the brand image.

Craftsman
    WW + Bank holiday + IT People = eastereggs

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    We did all sorts of outdoors stuff; it was a posh boys school so all part of that ‘building character’ stuff those sorts of schools like to do. I did love kayaking and pony trekking (!!) and rock climbing was great; but it was the ‘walk along the biggest viaduct we can find and make the boys step off and abseil down’ that spoiled them for me. I remember some poor boys freezing up on the ledge regularly, in tears. I’m sure it just induced lifelong phobias!
    I’m sure it did.

People lacking the common sense gene when it comes to heights really need to admit their failings instead of trying to convert people, especially children.

Did I mention I’m terrified of heights? I’m terrified of heights.

Be a shame if they mess with the explorer 2 too much btw.

As expected just had confirmation from my AD a new Explorer will be released tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    As expected just had confirmation from my AD a new Explorer will be released tomorrow.
    Which one Explorer II or Explorer 41mm replacing the 39mm

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Which one Explorer II or Explorer 41mm replacing the 39mm
    The coming soon video shows crown guards, so unless they're planning a big change to the look of the Explorer, it's more likely to be the Exp2.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    The coming soon video shows crown guards, so unless they're planning a big change to the look of the Explorer, it's more likely to be the Exp2.
    I think everyone knows there will be a new Explorer II but also strong rumours there will also be a 41mm Explorer.

Apparently that video shows three new watches.

Northern lights = Milgauss
    Exploring with a clearly visible Explorer II
    Everest at the end signalling Explorer I.

Only a day to go. Happy with the Explorer I as it currently is but would like to see how they change the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Snap, although mine was as part of the Army cadets at a posh school! - luckily didn’t give me a phobia, I just realised I’m capable of a lot more than I realised - but also didn’t turn me into a thrill seeking lunatic. My younger brother however has done enough free fall jumps to become an instructor so clearly rubbed off on him more than me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’ve been pot- holing as part of a survival course and the guy in front of me - in total darkness - had a complete meltdown. The only way I settled him was by pressing the light button on the Casio I was wearing - which illuminated the whole cave (we’d been in total darkness for quite a while so eyes were fully adjusted). The network was so tight I’d never consider wearing a ‘proper’ watch in that environment but that little lightbulb was a sanity saver for sure!

I have only been pot holing once
    We were in southern Spain on a uni field trip, at the furthest point from the entrance one of the lads with us fell and broke his leg.
    I had to drag him out of the hole (about 2km) and then carry him from the entrance to the nearest road (another 2km) and then wait for an ambulance to find us.
    I have refused to go down a hole since.

I have been down a couple of mines as well, again I have no plans to go back down if I can help it.
    I certainly don’t need a watch designed for the hobby ;-)
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 6th April 2021 at 14:24.

Leaks from RPP.

If the BLNR is really back as a white gold Ł30k watch that's absolutely hilarious. Sorry @Craizeehair !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I have only been pot holing once
    We were in southern Spain on a uni field trip, at the furthest point from the entrance one of the lads with us fell and broke his leg.
    I had to drag him out of the hole (about 2km) and then carry him from the entrance to the nearest road (another 2km) and then wait for an ambulance to find us.
    I have refused to go down a hole since.

I have been down a couple of mines as well, again I have no plans to go back down if I can help it.
    I certainly don’t need a watch designed for the hobby ;-)
    Surely you must have been wondering whether it was night or day during all of this? Or at least know the local time?
    I think I will wear my polar Exp II tomorrow to mark the first day of it's discontinuation.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If the BLNR is really back as a white gold Ł30k watch that's absolutely hilarious. Sorry @Craizeehair !!
    To the moon with the 116710 BLNR if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    To the moon with the 116710 BLNR if so.
    Hmm maybe not?

Master
    ‘Batman’ = CRINGE...

What will be interesting to see over the next few weeks/ month is if prices of current popular sport models continue to drop or stabilise on the pre-owned market when the new releases get all the hype.

Hmm maybe not?
    Even better. I’ll have one of them and punt my old one.

Apparently that video shows three new watches.

Northern lights = Milgauss
    Exploring with a clearly visible Explorer II
    Everest at the end signalling Explorer I.

Only a day to go. Happy with the Explorer I as it currently is but would like to see how they change the other two.
    Cheers. I was/am happy with the first 39mm Explorer, the new one has fat hands and too much lume.... ;)

All will be revealed tomorrow.

And yes, BTW caving terrifies the bejeesus out of me. Heights are bad but I can think of nothing worse than being stuck down a cave, no air, no way back, no way forward. Appalling.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Craftsman
    I think I’ve seen rumours about every watch across the board getting discontinued or adjusted barring the sub ! Ha
    All will be revealed tomorrow !

What time tomorrow is the big reveal in the U.K.? And can we watch it live somewhere? Thanks

Cheers. I was/am happy with the first 39mm Explorer, the new one has fat hands and too much lume.... ;)

All will be revealed tomorrow.

And yes, BTW caving terrifies the bejeesus out of me. Heights are bad but I can think of nothing worse than being stuck down a cave, no air, no way back, no way forward. Appalling.
    The only way you'll see me up a ladder is if it's down a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    What time tomorrow is the big reveal in the U.K.? And can we watch it live somewhere? Thanks

I believe the launch is at 11am on the Rolex website.

Master
    I never understood caving. At uni I joined the climbing club, fresh air and stunning views, what's not to like? Caving is cold and wet and dark and miserable.
    That being said the first Rolex I desired was an exp2 40mm, which I couldn't afford then. Now have a 42mm polar which is my longest owned Rolex.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    I’m looking forward to see the titanium Sub with an exhibition caseback. It’s a shame they felt the need to discontinue the steel model after all these years.

Craftsman
    Hmm maybe not?
    Is this a new version or just the same? I currently have the BLNR on jubilee but can’t make out if it’s the same and they have just offered it with the choice of oyster or jubilee now

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Is this a new version or just the same? I currently have the BLNR on jubilee but can’t make out if it’s the same and they have just offered it with the choice of oyster or jubilee now

White gold supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    White gold supposedly.
    Model number not steel?

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    White gold supposedly.
    RPP has edited his website and Instagram captions to remove the white gold references.

It has the same reference as the stainless steel on jubilee which is confusing because I'm sure all the watch blogs said Rolex told them when the stainless steel BLRO came out that all stainless steel GMTs will now come on jubilee and not oyster - oyster is only for precious metals on the GMT line, which is why I think RPP jumped the gun and said white gold.

Really looking forward to seeing the Explorer II tomorrow online and what potentially comes of the Milguass and Explorer.

Your school sounds WAY cooler than my school!
    Leaks from RPP.
    They usually spot on

Looking forward to a chorus of ‘I am so disappointed by this years releases’ tomorrow:-)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Looking forward to a chorus of ‘I am so disappointed by this years releases’ tomorrow:-)

That’s just the warm up act. Wait until people try to buy them :)

Master
    I’m already disappointed and I done even know what the new releases will be yet ;-0

Journeyman
    i would love there to be no new releases and they announce a new pen or umbrella

Craftsman
    Hmm maybe not?
    Maybe it's just the image, but it doesn't look like they've slimmed the lugs to bring it in line with the Submariner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    I’m looking forward to see the titanium Sub with an exhibition caseback. It’s a shame they felt the need to discontinue the steel model after all these years.
    If this comes true, I'll personally buy you one

Master
    You multiply them with the ‘I’m not playing the Rolex game anymore’ brigade and there will be mutiny

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    If this comes true, I'll personally join the waiting list and attempt to buy you one

FTFY

Master
    My expectations are so low this year, being disappointed seems out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    You multiply them with the ‘I’m not playing the Rolex game anymore’ brigade and there will be mutiny
    You also have to factor in lame, repetitive, unfunny jokes about pricing and availability:-)

You also have to factor in lame, repetitive, unfunny jokes about pricing and availability:-)
    Then add in those who never seem to pass an opinion on the actual watches themselves, but play the self appointed role of commenting on what everyone else is saying, over, and over and over...

An hour to go. The leaks so far haven't exactly been titillating. Most interested in the Explorer II and maybe the Milguass or the Explorer I but (broken record) I really think the Explorer I is perfect as it is and can't see how it could be made better.

Master
    Erm....

Game of spot the difference with the Exp II anyone? Movement & lume upgrades by the look of it.

New 36mm Exlporers!!!!

Master
    So the 39mm gone...

Master
    “Two tone” Explorer? Hideous and wrong on so many levels.

36mm Explorer is back

Batman and Pepsi now on oyster or jubilee