closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Rolex 2021 April 7th Release Thread

Threaded View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    I've not had a massive amount of dealings with new Rolex purchases but what I have had has been really quite pleasant.

About 6 years ago I asked for a sub date from Preston's in Leeds, however in the 3 weeks between asking and getting a call to come and buy, my wife and I found out we were having our first child so I turned it down and bought a speedmaster saving a couple of grand. They were absolutely fine with it.

Then about 3 years ago I went into the same place with my old man and ordered a SD43. Got a call within a year and bought it no problems.

Last year my old man went to pick up his warranty card and mentioned I wanted an explorer 2 for my 40th in a couple of years, they said no problems and last week confirmed there wouldn't be a problem if/when the new release was announced.

The only time we have had a problem is when my old man picked up his SD43, he enquired about a Daytona. They said it was difficult but he was added to the list and would get a call within 5 years (long time but he wanted that model and was prepared to wait). Long story short when he followed up he was told the sales advisor left the business and the manager apologised and said he shouldn't have been told they could get him one. Frustrating but for a watch of that scarcity no surprise.

Each time they have been lovely to deal with, just a case of not enough supply to meet demand. Not ADs fault and for purchasers like myself and my old man not a problem. Happy to wait for certain models for special occasions and ADs tend to like those sorts of buyers.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    EDIT: My original response was a long essay of bitterness.

My own experience of that same AD is completely the opposite. Nothing but wasted time, made to feel like utter scum and spoken to like dirt.

Ruined my perception of the brand, and resulted in me shopping elsewhere at dealers that treat me like a human being. I still buy Rolex and travel to do so, but just because I like the watches themselves and the way they wear
    Last edited by NickGaters; 10th April 2021 at 22:00.