closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA - New Steinhart 39mm Vintage GMT at Gnomon

Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Its a lovely watch. I will check the one out on ebay happy to go to £600 on it but thats my max its local in Liverpool so could collect
    Please let us know if you do. I, for one will certainly pop a bottle of champagne to mark the occasion.
    Kiddin aside, good luck.
    Hope you get it and it is to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    Its a lovely watch. I will check the one out on ebay happy to go to £600 on it but thats my max its local in Liverpool so could collect
    Went for £537 so I hope that was you

If Gnomon had declared the value correctly we would have paid approx £550 all in, so this guy hasn't made anything and after e-bay and PayPal fees he has probably lost a little.

A very good buy for whoever got it.

I'm kinda tempted by this but it'll cost around £500 all in.

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/collec...omon-exclusive

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Went for £537 so I hope that was you
    Highly unlikely - the fella would need to have a few months to ponder it, start up a dozen threads on the pros and cons and let’s not get started on the ‘Steinhart versus Tudor versus Omega what discount can I expect’ debate that would go round in circles, draw in loads of members trying to be helpful all for it to go quiet, before another thread appears.

That saying deep deep deep down, I’m kind of routing he’s got it and we see an incoming thread :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

I've got one, really nice watch, the gilt hands look great.

They pop up on eBay quite frequently. There's another version with acrylic crystal that gnomon sell too.

Journeyman
    Unfortunately not, i missed it. After 12 months of deliberation i am not going for the Tudor or Omega. They blow to much money the BB58 Black on a bracelet had a big waiting list and are now going for £2300 if you ask about i have been offered them at £2000 off a couple of people on ebay. I am happier looking at a brand like Steinhart and buying a couple for around £1000.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

I wouldn't buy that from Gnomon, there are always a few listed on e-bay and if you look at completed sales most are selling around the £300 to £325 mark. The acrylic crystal version was a limited or numbered edition and sold out quickly, they usually fetch a lot more when offered for sale.

Thanks, after I posted I went to eBay and realised that.

I wouldn't buy that from Gnomon, there are always a few listed on e-bay and if you look at completed sales most are selling around the £300 to £325 mark. The acrylic crystal version was a limited or numbered edition and sold out quickly, they usually fetch a lot more when offered for sale.

Craftsman
    The Gnonom version is back in stock - and ordered

Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post
    The Gnonom version is back in stock - and ordered
    Good man, it's a lovely watch.

I've just had the e-mail, so anyone who missed out last time, order today as they sold out within 24 hours last time.

Master
    And just back in stock.
    In my hurry didn't realise already post about this

Master
    And sold out again.

I like this but something’s stopping me from actually buying one, so I keep returning to the website until I see its out of stock.
    Maybe I just can’t come to terms with the homage thing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    And sold out again.

I like this but something’s stopping me from actually buying one, so I keep returning to the website until I see its out of stock.
    Maybe I just can’t come to terms with the homage thing.
    Needs a Cyclops IMO....not sure about adding one to the sapphire or maybe even swapping out for an acrylic with Cyclops if that could work and still keep about 100m of water resistance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It will eventually calm down. It is a similar pattern to the other Gnomon exclusives, when they get stock there are people waiting and heads up etc on various forums. Eventually those who want one will get one and at that point they will probably have stock most of the time.

When the OVM first came out people did think they were a limited or controlled number of watches and they were selling for silly money on e-bay and the likes. These days they seem to have stock most of the time and anyone buying second hand will want a decent deal compared to the new price.

The homage point is interesting and often discussed, but I have always been of the opinion that if it is a homage to a historical watch out of production for decades then that's okay, but I wouldn't buy a homage of an existing model.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    Needs a Cyclops IMO....not sure about adding one to the sapphire or maybe even swapping out for an acrylic with Cyclops if that could work and still keep about 100m of water resistance.

The OLKO version has flat sapphire with a cyclops. Unfortunately it’s even more difficult to get as the notifications of availability are very random and opaque...

The OLKO version has flat sapphire with a cyclops. Unfortunately it’s even more difficult to get as the notifications of availability are very random and opaque...
    Absolutely crazy, you stand no chance. I had a tab open for the website for weeks on end and available at the end of March became available by the end of April, then one day in mid April whilst having my tea she opened it up and sold the lot in minutes. Must have been just a handful of watches. I e-mailed her and although I got an answer it didn't do me any good.

The guy on e-bay selling his has pinged offers to people who looked at it a 'buy now' offer of £650, so I suppose he might accept a little less, say £600. That's only a £100 premium if someone desperately wants the Olko edition without having to play the bimbo blonde's stupid games.

Craftsman
    Absolutely crazy, you stand no chance. I had a tab open for the website for weeks on end and available at the end of March became available by the end of April, then one day in mid April whilst having my tea she opened it up and sold the lot in minutes. Must have been just a handful of watches. I e-mailed her and although I got an answer it didn't do me any good.

The guy on e-bay selling his has pinged offers to people who looked at it a 'buy now' offer of £650, so I suppose he might accept a little less, say £600. That's only a £100 premium if someone desperately wants the Olko edition without having to play the bimbo blonde's stupid games.
    Yeah.... I've been following this thread from the start and seen the olko ones. If I get a Gnomon one I will most likely look into adding a Cyclops....as long as it's one that has proper magnification.

Craftsman
    Ordered midday Tuesday, arrived today. Pretty good and no request for money from DHL (yet...)

My first impression is that it’s amazing quality and finish for the money. The bracelet is a joy to adjust with screws, 2 half-links and a clasp with a 4 hole micro adjustment

Ordered midday Tuesday, arrived today. Pretty good and no request for money from DHL (yet...)

My first impression is that it’s amazing quality and finish for the money. The bracelet is a joy to adjust with screws, 2 half-links and a clasp with a 4 hole micro adjustment
    Looks good and in my opinion a lot nicer than the Olko version which has a more of a white colour on the plots and hands, flat crystal and of course the dreaded cyclops. With hindsight I'm glad she never had any stock now as more than happy with the Gnomon version.

The DHL letter will turn up next week, should be £40 all in as Gnomon heavily under value their parcels.

Craftsman
    It's arrived!!!
    £39.56 import fees.
    I'm terrible for swapping out straps and haven't even tried it on the bracelet yet.

Here on custom leather from Steveostraps.

Master
    Lovely watch but I seem to be losing 30s/day.Anyone else timed theirs ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    I’ve been wearing mine for three days since it arrived. Over that time it has lost 17-18 secs. I will keep track of it, it possibly just needs a good run out to settle down

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    That's not good. Is it definitely fully wound? I notice with mine it doesn't feel like it's being wound when I'm winding the crown.

After 48 hours mine loses 4-5 secs. I'd prefer it gained time but so far I think that's acceptable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    That's not good. Is it definitely fully wound? I notice with mine it doesn't feel like it's being wound when I'm winding the crown.

After 48 hours mine loses 4-5 secs. I'd prefer it gained time but so far I think that's acceptable.
    That's it. After good handwind reading much better.
    Silly me and thanks .