closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A favour to ask, if you have two minutes spare...

Master

A favour to ask, if you have two minutes spare...

Gents,

If you have two minutes spare (and a quiet background!) my brother is collecting cough audio samples for a healthcare app he is working on. He only needs a small pool at this stage so I'd be grateful if any of you are able to help!

Thanks in advance. Website is as follows:

https://shaundev.com/
    Last edited by ddm27; 31st March 2021 at 17:11.

Interesting one!

FYI, the recording process isn't entirely intuitive as it's not clear how much coughing is needed or for how long for each of the three recordings? Also, I don't think you can remove a recording once you've moved onto the next one (so I refreshed the page and started over as it appears to have been using a different microphone to my other applications, likely because it's browser based).

Any reason why it's not on a Kent university domain and instead on 'shaundev.com'? I can imagine that may limit participation as it doesn't seem quite so legit despite appearing to be run by Kent.

Good luck to him!
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 31st March 2021 at 15:07.

Master
    Done. An interesting project, I hope it helps decide if something of value can be developed.

For those wondering whether to even click the link, no identifying information is asked for, and the contact email that is provided on completion is from a UK academic institution.

Master
    Thansk both for the contributions and feedback, which is tremendously helpful! I've passed it all on :)

A favour to ask, if you have two minutes spare...

Am I right in saying you only want coughs if you have a cough - ie not a fake cough

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Am I right in saying you only want coughs if you have a cough - ie not a fake cough
    I think a fake cough is fine! I think the purpose at this stage is to be able to identify/detect a cough as a distinct noise, as opposed to the more detailed characteristics (that would be the next level, I think)

Apprentice
    My life purpose is finally revealed, I have a habitually annoying cough. Survey done!

Done!