closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Style 19mm Oyster Bracelet - Any Recommendations,

Master

Vintage Style 19mm Oyster Bracelet - Any Recommendations,

I'm looking to purchase an Oyster bracelet to replace the Rolex 7835 bracelet on my late 60's Tudor Prince Oysterdate.

The current bracelet looks great on the watch, but has a bit of stretch & will need a couple of the folded links removing - so I'm planning on removing & saving it in its current condition.
    The 7835 has a really nice taper from 18.5mm down to 12.5mm with a very narrow clasp - is there anyone out there making a good quality, similar style (19mm lugs) bracelet for reasonable money?

Also open to other bracelet / strap suggestions for the watch, that would compliment the fabulous sunburst grey dial - show me your pics!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Forstner are excellent quality.
    They do a rivet oyster style in 19mm, either with stretch or solid.
    https://www.forstnerbands.co.uk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Forstner are excellent quality.
    They do a rivet oyster style in 19mm, either with stretch or solid.
    https://www.forstnerbands.co.uk
    Thanks - they look good, but ideally after some nice taper on the bracelet + also some endlinks to suit the 34mm case.

Recently purchased one from watchgeko for a 60s Seiko

It was on a sale and feels decent quality but I have not fitted it yet so can't comment on comfort. I don't think there is much of a taper
    and the endlinks are only available in 18 mm ,if I remember correctly .
    I looked for a good quality generic bracelet and after reading some reviews these were well received.
    I also looked on Ebay at vintage rivet bracelets, although available the asking prices were high and I couldn't justify having a bracelet worth more than the watch !
    They may well be more suited for your needs

I have pointed out to Forstners several times to make a near as possible copy (homage) to the 1960’s Rolex C&I USA rivet oyster bracelet. If they make that I reckon they would sell out instantly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
    I have pointed out to Forstners several times to make a near as possible copy (homage) to the 1960’s Rolex C&I USA rivet oyster bracelet. If they make that I reckon they would sell out instantly.
    Yes, there seems to be a definate gap in the market for this kind of bracelet - there must be plenty of good condition Tudor / Rolex watches from the 60's & 70's that have bracelets at the end of their useful life.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    Recently purchased one from watchgeko for a 60s Seiko

It was on a sale and feels decent quality but I have not fitted it yet so can't comment on comfort. I don't think there is much of a taper
    and the endlinks are only available in 18 mm ,if I remember correctly .
    I looked for a good quality generic bracelet and after reading some reviews these were well received.
    I also looked on Ebay at vintage rivet bracelets, although available the asking prices were high and I couldn't justify having a bracelet worth more than the watch !
    They may well be more suited for your needs
    Thanks - I will check out the website.

I rember seeing a YouTube vid from a jewlers in London who rebuilds/ refurb them , maybe worth a enquiry?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    I rember seeing a YouTube vid from a jewlers in London who rebuilds/ refurb them , maybe worth a enquiry?
    Yes, that may be my best option (depending on cost) - might contact Seth at thewatchdealer for a quote, as he seems to be highly regarded when it comes to bracelet refurbs.