closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Well that wasn't supposed to happen

Master

Well that wasn't supposed to happen

Less than a year old, already been back to Zenith once for new rotor. Probably had 8 days of wrist time.

That's disappointing...what is Zenith like for warranty work turn-around time?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    That's disappointing...what is Zenith like for warranty work turn-around time?
    I think they were about 6 weeks last March, but that was at the start of lockdown.
    They said today they would quarantine it for a few days before starting work, my guess is a 2-3 weeks this time around.

I owned exactly the same Classic Cars. That was away twice for regulating.

I did love the Zenith brand. I've had far too many away for warranty repairs and regulating. I've had enough. Sad really.

Not really sure why, but I have always viewed Zenith watches as 'fragile', never owned one for this reason.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Wouldn’t have happened with a Rolex - but then you couldn’t buy it to start with...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wow. I hope they fix it pronto. Very disappointing

They do tend to be pretty quick. If you talk to them they will send you a shipping package out.
    I find they have a very good service, but you unfortunately have had a problem. I hope it doesn't put you off the watch
    Regards
    Tim

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Master
    What have you been timing ?

An earthquake ?

Craftsman
    Thats not good. Has the shaft come away as well?

Craftsman
    Oh no that’s disappointing isn’t it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartC View Post
    Thats not good. Has the shaft come away as well?
    Looks like it's just fallen out, excuse my crappy photos

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post

An earthquake ?
    LOL, I think I pulled the dog lead a little excitedly.

Does it hack? Im sure you will have done it already if it does.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Does it hack? Im sure you will have done it already if it does.
    No, not from what I can see

Friday afternoon watch.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    I owned exactly the same Classic Cars. That was away twice for regulating.

I did love the Zenith brand. I've had far too many away for warranty repairs and regulating. I've had enough. Sad really.
    This is exactly why I’ve always been conflicted about the brand, they are beautiful watches but no where near robust enough, the movements are particularly vulnerable to being magnetised. I still love the brand but I always make sure I only buy Zenith watches still under warranty, their customer service fortunately is excellent but if Zenith as a brand want to move out of the shadows of some of the other brands they need to ensure their watches are more robust and to reinforce customer confidence they should do 5 year warranties too.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    This is exactly why I’ve always been conflicted about the brand, they are beautiful watches but no where near robust enough, the movements are particularly vulnerable to being magnetised. I still love the brand but I always make sure I only buy Zenith watches still under warranty, their customer service fortunately is excellent but if Zenith as a brand want to move out of the shadows of some of the other brands they need to ensure their watches are more robust and to reinforce customer confidence they should do 5 year warranties too.
    I totally agree Steve.

Master
    Maybe they are trying to compete with Bremont with the zenith “British Leyland” special edition which falls to bits after a week with watch parts made out of old bits of Austin allegro

Apprentice
    How frustrating. Hope the repair is quick for you.

Zenith is a brand I am considering adding...but these stories are putting me off a little.

I've got 2 Chronomasters & they've been exemplary. Hope you get fixed soon.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I sometimes think Zeniths are like Land Rover Defenders - if you get a good one, they are great, but...
    I've been lucky with my Zenith (other than having to send it back to HQ after a shoddy service) - I feel it's great quality, and it has the nicest winding action of any watch I've owned, but somehow it does feel a bit fragile and I do baby it a bit.

Master
    I seem to have been lucky with the couple of Zenith chronos I owned, and this is the first time I have heard reports of unreliability. What a pity because they are a likeable brand (in my opinion.) we need more strong brands .......

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Not really sure why, but I have always viewed Zenith watches as 'fragile', never owned one for this reason.
    My experience with Zenith is limited, I’ve fixed a few 60s/ 70s models and the quality seemed OK, I own a 1998 El Primero which I restored following water damage and by luck or good judgement it’s the most accurate watch I own. I can’t see any underlying flaws with the design or any reason why they should be unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post

An earthquake ?
    Nearly spilt my coffee

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I wore a Zenith Rainbow every day for 18 years; no problems ... I don't know what your opinion is based on but it does not match up with my sample size of one.

I too wore a Rainbow Flyback - not for as long but 3/4 years and it was rock solid. I’m considering a Type 20 and would not be put off. Saying that the OP’s experience is very disappointing.

Master
    I think i have worked out how it happened, I walked to the shop with the dog to get some supplies, on the way back she wanted a dip in the river so I pulled back on the lead, I'm sure that's when my hand jumped out of its socket.

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    I think i have worked out how it happened, I walked to the shop with the dog to get some supplies, on the way back she wanted a dip in the river so I pulled back on the lead, I'm sure that's when my hand jumped out of its socket.
    I know how that feels when my GSD is on a lead and spots a cat, having said that it really confirms my point about the lack of robustness with regard Zenith watches, it’s what is holding me back buying the Zenith Chronomaster Sport with Silver dial because I love the look of it. A quality watch from an expensive manufacturer should be able to comfortably withstand those kinds of situations. About 18 months ago I had a recently serviced Zenith Xtreme 1000m Chronograph (built for extreme use apparently) and was walking my dog in the forest when the watch literally fell off my wrist, luckily I felt it happening and caught it. The bracelet had just come apart on its own, it wasn’t a section with removable links either it was right up by the head of the watch.

Master
    So after 7 weeks I chased LVMH as to the whereabouts of my watch. I got a call a few moments later referring me to the quote for repair.
    I had never received a quote for repair, while on the phone he explained the watch had received a "fairly hefty knock" which had caused the damage and there were marks on the case to quantify this.
    I explained that was total BS and my watches don't get dropped or knocked and having 300 plus watches mean they don't get worn much either.
    They apologised for me not receiving the quote and at the same time as a "gesture of goodwill" they will revise the quote.
    I can say hand on heart that I did NOT knock it, bash it or drop it and the initial images i posted in this thread should prove that.
    This was the revised quote

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’d ask them to email photos of the case dents ...

That is VERY poor attitdue from LVMH.

I'd love an El Primero as a dress watch, but I've heard far too many disappointing stories about their quality and LVMH's service, so it will never happen.