closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Ideal Watch Size: A Curious Case of Misperception and Missed Opportunity

Craftsman

The Ideal Watch Size: A Curious Case of Misperception and Missed Opportunity

If I can work out the start time I may well register for this, as for me, it is the biggest factor (no pun intended) when choosing a watch...

https://hs-ny.org/schedule/2021/04/6...ty-by-mark-cho

That sounds like it will be an interesting talk. I might try and register myself. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    1AM GMT I think... I'm out.
    Hopefully they record it, I've seen a few interviews with Mark and he comes across well.

Craftsman
    Ha, that start time is a little off-putting there are replays available but it looks like a 2 month delay applies to non-members, which is a shame as anyone is free to watch live.

Craftsman
    I had forgotten about this, but as the two months for public release have now passed, if anyone is still interested and wanting to watch, link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNRt9LBx5lo

Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    I had forgotten about this, but as the two months for public release have now passed, if anyone is still interested and wanting to watch, link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNRt9LBx5lo
    Thanks - about to give it a watch (forgive the pun)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great presentation. So yes... why do the major watch companies insist on producing progressively larger watches?

Master
    The TLDR version is that a lot of people with broadly average sized wrists think they have small wrists because current watches a built to suit those with large wrists. Or at least, those with larger wrists appear to have the most choice. 38mm turned out to be a very popular choice, though few brands seem to have noticed.

There are of course many questions you could ask about the methodology, given that it’s a self selecting sample of watch enthusiasts who have an interest in watch sizing. You could also argue that the 49% who thought they had small wrists are indeed in the bottom half, so perhaps they’re right.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 6th July 2021 at 12:38.

Craftsman
    It really depends on size and stature as opposed to just wrist size. I would say 40mm is the ideal size for Sub/SD style watches, but at the same time have no problem wearing my 46 Big Pilot.