closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Citizen PMD56 - Using over here?

Craftsman

Citizen PMD56 - Using over here?

Hi all,
    I’m intested in a Citizen PMD56 watch.
    It’s a JDM only, titanium watch that updates using the atomic clock signal like the Casio Oceanus models, or the rest of the Casio multi and 5/6 watches.
    My question is, the Citizen only receives the Japanese signal, not the US or European ones so I’m wondering if there is any way of receiving the signal to get the exact time?
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob

Journeyman
    you can use iphone/android apps for that. in my experience it's so accurate that just recalibrating at daylight savings is all that's required

Superb watches..I love them so much I have two... As Mentioned above very accurate. I use the jjyemulator on my android phone with success to update the time when the clocks shift.. Mind your it's and easy job Todo manually.

Master
    Fantastic watches. I am wearing mine as I type.

Great watches! It's a shame that they only made them JDM. As others have said, very accurate and there are apps to emulate the Japanese signal. Go for it!
    Here's mine with its Brit cousin:

Journeyman
    if I recall mine gains 3 seconds per month, so setting with the time change keeps me within about 18 seconds of the correct time. it's quite a light watch, which some people don't like but suits me fine

Craftsman
    Thanks all,
    I didnt realise they were popular over here.
    Ive got an Oceanus S100 which I really like so thought I may try one of the Citizens too.
    If using a phone app, can they be set directly to UK time or do you have to set to japanese, then do something?
    Regards,
    Rob

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elmero View Post
    Great watches! It's a shame that they only made them JDM. As others have said, very accurate and there are apps to emulate the Japanese signal. Go for it!
    Here's mine with its Brit cousin:
    Is that the 'Ray Mears' Citizen in the pic alongside the PMD?
    Cheers,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by barbusg60 View Post
    Is that the 'Ray Mears' Citizen in the pic alongside the PMD?
    Cheers,
    Rob
    It is. The latest iteration (same specs as the Royal Marines Commando but without the RMC branding). Bought it before getting the PMD56. Now it's redundant, IMHO.

The signal emulators pickup the date and time from your phones system time etc...I just activate the app, keep the big button on the watch pressed in for a couple of seconds and the second hand spins round to the 12 o'clock to indicate its ready for picking up the signal manually...place the watch close to the phone speaker, turn the volume up to the highest and leave it for a few minutes...can take i little experimentation but its worked fine for me. I've also got an Oceanus S100...love that watch too but the PMD56 feels more like the tool watch it is...wears incredibly comfortably on a Nato (which you can't do with the Oceanus) and I love the microadjust on the PMD56 bracelet. The whole watch is typical JDM quality..and the duratec coating is superb. Best of luck with the decision but its a no brainer from me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    The signal emulators pickup the date and time from your phones system time etc...I just activate the app, keep the big button on the watch pressed in for a couple of seconds and the second hand spins round to the 12 o'clock to indicate its ready for picking up the signal manually...place the watch close to the phone speaker, turn the volume up to the highest and leave it for a few minutes...can take i little experimentation but its worked fine for me. I've also got an Oceanus S100...love that watch too but the PMD56 feels more like the tool watch it is...wears incredibly comfortably on a Nato (which you can't do with the Oceanus) and I love the microadjust on the PMD56 bracelet. The whole watch is typical JDM quality..and the duratec coating is superb. Best of luck with the decision but its a no brainer from me.
    You wouldn’t have a pic of the pair together would you, looking at the pic with it alongside the ray mears I’m wondering if it is smaller than the Oceanus?
    Cheers,
    Rob

Sure.. The pmd is slightly smaller than the Oceanus but not a lot in it.. Both perfect on my 6.76 wrist
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uoxss3atr...70712.jpg?dl=0

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    Sure.. The pmd is slightly smaller than the Oceanus but not a lot in it.. Both perfect on my 6.76 wrist
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uoxss3atr...70712.jpg?dl=0
    Thank you, much appreciated.
    I like that, similar but different.
    I may trade my gshock GW5000 for one as I can never get the right fit with the Gshock.
    I might put up a wanted add to, just in case.
    Cheers,
    Rob