closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega - boring 2021 releases

Omega - boring 2021 releases

The Speedmaster udder has been completely milked dry so Omega have delved even further into the "same Barbie, new dress" model for the Seamaster.

Here comes the even more blacked out ceramic Seamaster. I can only imagine a white ceramic version will follow and then the rest of the nonsense from the DSOTM line up in due course. Grey side of the Ocean for 2022 novelties, maybe?

https://www.omegawatches.com/stories/novelties-2021

Not a single interesting watch from Omega this year. So much potential but absolutely no execution, exactly like this year's AP novelties.

Almost forgot, check out these new Speedmaster straps. They've really outdone themselves. So much innovation.

Master
    I suppose the Seamaster is adequately legible if the hands catch the light consistently enough. If so, perhaps the photo isn't doing it any favours.

I get the idea of buying a watch that's been compromised for aesthetic reasons as a bit of fun if it's a Swatch or a Casio, but not if it costs a few thousand £. But each to their own.

Not boring at all.

Craftsman
    I agree - Disappointing fare from Omega. I quite like the look of the “bronze gold” seamaster 300 but it’s nothing to get too excited about. Let’s hope for better novelties from the other brands in the coming days / weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

A dive watch that isn’t legible and a gold watch that looks like a much cheaper bronze watch, you could say they are thinking out of the ( watch ) box.

Craftsman
    I really like the blue Seamaster 300.
    To be fair though, does it really pay for them to make a bunch of yearly variants when the regular models probably outsell them by a huge margin?

It would only really be interesting to see an update version of a back catalogue model. Which vintage Omega do you most want to see a modern release for?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    Which vintage Omega do you most want to see a modern release for?
    The 910 Flightmaster!

Or the Big Blue.

A Proplof in the original colours and dimensions would be quite nice as well.

Oh and a big triangle, sword hands, lumed bezel diver in the SM300 coax case.

I am a vintage Omega fan, there are lots in the back catalogue that are ripe for re issuing
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 23rd March 2021 at 14:27.

The new 300 master-coaxial looks promising - more vintage look and pivot end-link now that doesn't make the watch look like it's a 44mm!

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    A dive watch that isn’t legible and a gold watch that looks like a much cheaper bronze watch, you could say they are thinking out of the ( watch ) box.
    I wouldn’t call it a good watch. Probably 37.5% gold in the alloy though Omega is being coy about it.
    I do agree that overall, a rather skimpy and in unexciting line up for the yearly releases.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 23rd March 2021 at 15:16.

could do 'Smart watch on left - Auto on right'
    and power the left like a Kinetic with charge to battery from Auto..

That NASA strap is...quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post

It would only really be interesting to see an update version of a back catalogue model. Which vintage Omega do you most want to see a modern release for?
    One of these would do nicely (and not an LE for crazy money ). Not holding my breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Cant say I'm blown away by any of them.
    The marquise rubies on the womens aqua terra are nicely done but not my thing.

Craftsman
    I suspect a 165.024 (Big Triangle or not) would indeed sell like hot cakes.
    The WatchCo versions seem to now be going for £3k or more.

I'd quite like to see a Seamaster 60 Big Crown or a Cosmic.... or maybe a 120 baby ploprof.
    I seem to much prefer their old designs over the new Seamaster 300. It's not got the right modern take for me.
    Last edited by Kamakazie!; 23rd March 2021 at 14:58.

Craftsman
    Any idea why is the bronze gold heritage Seamaster 300 thicker than the regular version? The thickness combined with 41mm diameter makes it a huge watch.

Journeyman
    I like that they keep tweaking their designs year on year to keep things fresh. I'm just hoping they produce one i like sometime in the future. Never quite right for me.

The all-black watches do nothing for me - make me think its for those who want to show they have money but whose taste really is for a big black G-Shock.

IMO - the SM300 is a great update. They've just tweaked the design elements and added some interesting new metal options.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
    I like that they keep tweaking their designs year on year to keep things fresh. I'm just hoping they produce one i like sometime in the future. Never quite right for me.
    I think this is why I'm annoyed - I was hoping for a tweaked Seamaster to buy but no luck this year. Swing and a miss.

Nothing there (apart from that blue SM300) that would tempt me back to Omega - I wish they’d bring out something more toolish like the old 2254.50 - even a new quartz 2264.50, the sword hands are far more legible than skeleton hands in real world underwater conditions.
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree. as much I love Omega watches, I am unimpressed with new releases.