closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling South Sea Collection

Breitling South Sea Collection

What in the name of everything that is holy are these abominations? Breitling does fashion tat? Breitling for QVC?

Discuss.

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...6/A10380611C1/

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...6/A10380611A1/

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...6/A10380611L1/

They look like the fakes you see of non-existent Breitling models.

They're proper grim.

That's exactly what they look like.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    They look like the fakes you see of non-existent Breitling models.

They're proper grim.

Freaking hideous

More Southend than South Sea! Look like something you’d win out of a lucky dip machine, absolutely awful - makes me chuckle that anyone would buy one tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just look like normal ladies watches to me. I do wonder why all makers, even the likes of Rolex and Patek, seem to think that all ladies watches need to have gemstone bezels these days. Maybe that’s why more and more women are wearing mid-sized or gents watches.

I don't hate them, and as the poster above me said, they're ladies watches, so let's not get our knickers in a twist. I worry more about the description of the case being "gem set" - there are a lot of things that could be described as "gems" - it's more Swarovski than De Beers, I think.

Credit where it is due, Breitling have completed mastered ugly watches.

Admittedly these aren’t the worse of them.
    Last edited by Justin Case; 22nd March 2021 at 07:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Credit where it is due, Breitling have completed mastered ugly watches.

Admittedly these aren’t the worse of them.
    Couldn't agree more. I can't remember the last time I looked at a Breitling and thought thats a nice piece.

Its not the worst I've even seen in this style, there's a gold Daytona I believe with a gem set bezel that looks much worse than these.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattori Hanzo View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I can't remember the last time I looked at a Breitling and thought thats a nice piece.

Its not the worst I've even seen in this style, there's a gold Daytona I believe with a gem set bezel that looks much worse than these.
    That is utter rubbish. They have some lovely watches asides from some blindly and ugly watches.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    That is utter rubbish. They have some lovely watches asides from some blindly and ugly watches.
    That's fine and your opinion not mine 👍🏻

Craftsman
    Breitling had been on quite a good run lately but those are grim.

Mind you, all the brands (including Rolex) have something equally daft in the ladies' collection if you have a proper look.

Master
    Market forces. Clearly Breitling feel there is a demand for this sort of horror show, so they make the watches to fill it.

No worse than some of the wrongness produced by the other manufacturers.

Looking at you, Rolex...

Thomas Reid
    I (sort of) like the Breitling. Much more subtle than the pictured Rolex. I have experimented with "cat's eyes" reflective paint on watch dials. The jewels on the bezel are doing the same work. They provide markers in low light situations when the lume isn't working. The 12, 3, 6 and 9 positions are appropriately distinguished. So, utilitarian bling. Sort of like the polished markers for holding luminous material you see on some divers.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier View Post
    I (sort of) like the Breitling. Much more subtle than the pictured Rolex. I have experimented with "cat's eyes" reflective paint on watch dials. The jewels on the bezel are doing the same work. They provide markers in low light situations when the lume isn't working. The 12, 3, 6 and 9 positions are appropriately distinguished. So, utilitarian bling. Sort of like the polished markers for holding luminous material you see on some divers.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    I can see where you're coming from, but if the lume isn't working, how can they see what time it is even if the jewels catch the light?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I like the blue one and would wear it no bother.
    Nothing wrong with a gem-set bezel imo.

OMG....

George Kern's leadership all over the place....

Master
    No worse than current offerings from Rolex, and I doubt Breitling would have done it if they didn't think they'd sell them.

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I can see where you're coming from, but if the lume isn't working, how can they see what time it is even if the jewels catch the light?
    In low light, e.g., candle light, the metal of the hands and hour markers will reflect some light. The jewels at the hour markers will sparkle, as will the seconds markers on the bezel. God only knows what it will look like in very bright light. Probably like a pulse light weapon of some sort.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Love these threads.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Breitling do have some uglies.
    They also have the navitimer, superocean heritage and avenger to name but three.
    Don't let that spoil your rhetoric though.

Most watch makers have some uglies.

I agree though why do ladies watches get covered in gems?
    In these days of gender equality I'm surprised they haven't met up for a vigil about it.

Dons metal helmet......

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

For Ladies watches I quite like them.

Stylish, gem set, what's to dislike?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier View Post
    In low light, e.g., candle light, the metal of the hands and hour markers will reflect some light. The jewels at the hour markers will sparkle, as will the seconds markers on the bezel. God only knows what it will look like in very bright light. Probably like a pulse light weapon of some sort.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    Ah yes I see what you mean. Sometimes I do wonder whether hands might be clearer in dim light without any lume at all, and just have a greater reflective surface! A thin strip of lume in the middle of the hands seldom seems to be particularly useful in my experience, though perhaps advances in Luminova material mean they're more potent than they used to be.

I’d rather see more variety in life than less.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    For Ladies watches I quite like them.

Stylish, gem set, what's to dislike?
    I don’t particularly like them but do not find them repulsive in any way. Anyways, I guess some of the posters got into the ‘bitch mode’ without realising these are 36 mm and meant for the ladies.

Master
    Not to my taste but I've seen a lot worse from other manufacturers. I really do like the 36mm chronomat, it's an integrated bracelet watch that looks nothing like anything designed by Genta. I wish they did a 42+mm version of the 3 hander.

I don't think they are that bad. 95% of this forums users are not the demographic Breitling are aiming for with these watches. I would imagine these might be rather popular in time, especially in certain markets. The clue is in the model name
    I think they are more handsome than some of the more established offerings from other makers.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 22nd March 2021 at 16:57.

Not for me but as a lady’s watch great, but not at anywhere near that price though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I’d rather see more variety in life than less.
    Here here...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I quite like them.