Thread: How’s this for a lot of car for the money

How’s this for a lot of car for the money

For those looking for something interesting, if it hasn’t gone

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/list...irznsc_o7RJIF4

How’s this for a lot of car for the money

Am a huge fan. Needed 4 doors so I got a ghibli but the GT is lush

Nice clock too

Master
    This is a 13 year old Italian lower league super car may seem cheap till something minor wants fixing and it’s going to be half the cost of the car

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    This is a 13 year old Italian lower league super car may seem cheap till something minor wants fixing and it’s going to be half the cost of the car
    I don’t think I would call it a super car by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s still a lot less than a gearbox for my Merc

The cost of a new clutch (a well known issue) is usually the deal breaker.
    Lovely car though.

Master
    Usual running costs plus variators and subframe corrosion usually put paid to the cheap ones but occasionally you get lucky. You can get a 4.7 from a dealer for about 25 so a bit money money makes sense unless you can DIY.
    But they are nice and surprisingly large.

Cheap for a reason.

I couple of years ago I was thinking of getting one of these,I looked at a couple and they all had something missing,has in switches or knobs ,like the top had broken off of come loose and got lost.
    It got me thinking why wasn’t it replaced,was it the cost of something so small,if so I’d hate to think what something big would cost.
    And I also noticed they just weren’t selling,and it was inevitable I’d take a massive hit if I wanted to move it on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Meh. Alarm bells.
    Just my opinion.

They sound glorious, bit like pass the parcel though, someone is going to end up owning it when the inevitable major fault appears..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    They sound glorious, bit like pass the parcel though, someone is going to end up owning it when the inevitable major fault appears..

This. It's like "pass the parcel" with a parcel which is ticking...

A glorious thing when it's working properly, looks great, sounds fabulous. But, as the saying goes, "What could possibly go wrong?"
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    This. It's like "pass the parcel" with a parcel which is ticking...

A glorious thing when it's working properly, looks great, sounds fabulous. But, as the saying goes, "What could possibly go wrong?"
    For some that’s a price worth paying given the purchase price is less than a Toyota Yaris.

They sound awesome :)

I would be too scared, rightly or wrongly, to try one though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Yes, Maserati ownership comes with significant financial risk - buying a car like that you should put aside 10k in a repairs fund.

But I agree with the OP - a huge amount of a beautiful exotic car for that money.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Stunning car for someone with a 30k budget, someone with a 16k budget wont be able to run, maintain, or repair it.

THIS ONE'S a couple of grand more expensive, but has only done 55k miles.

9 owners in just under 13 years, though...
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Looks absolutely beautiful, a nice change from all the similar German cars that were in vogue. Only thing that would put me off is the horrendous mixed case advert from a supposedly professional seller.

Pedantic I know, but it just makes me feel like the advertiser has only just upgraded their life from ‘One careful lady owner’, ‘never been out in the rain’, ‘first to see will buy’ statements.

I think that's one of the most beautiful cars of the last 30 years and they sound fantastic too (same basic engine as the 458, isn't it?), but it's far too big!

If they'd made it about 3/5 the size, it'd be perfect!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    The leather is better than my sofa in the lounge!

I think there is value there, as mentioned keep a healthy fund in reserve but you’d probably lose 20k on a new, warrantied one in the first years depreciation alone so it’s a different way of looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    but it's far too big!

If they'd made it about 3/5 the size, it'd be perfect!

M
    That’s my issue, i was looking at buying a 4.7 last year to replace the 32 GT-R (sounds so much better than the 4.2, and seeing as you can’t drive anywhere fast, might as well have a nice soundtrack).

However I already mock the OH’s M4 for being a ridculously large boat (from above its looks larger than my 4.2 RRS), but after i measured out how long the GT would be, i realised it would be far to large.
    If if was Gransport sized it would be perfect.

Sadly, ended up buying a boring purple beetle.

I just smile every time I get in mine. I’ve done what some have alluded to and put £10k aside for maintenance. No probs so far (touch wood) but it feels a lot of car for £17k. Only 24k miles too

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I just smile every time I get in mine. I’ve done what some have alluded to and put £10k aside for maintenance. No probs so far (touch wood) but it feels a lot of car for £17k. Only 24k miles too
    24k miles? I envy you. A beautiful car.

However, take your £10k out of the bank, spend most of it on a watch/watches and use the rest for insured warranty. I pay BMW under £400 a year with a £250 excess and they've paid out £5,000+ in 3 years without a murmur.

It really is a no-brainer.
    Last edited by Tinker; 24th March 2021 at 11:53.

A suspiciously low priced highly strung Italian thoroughbred: what could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Or a 2010 Mercedes CL500 with 50k for less money.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    It definitely fits in the category of cars that if you can’t afford to buy new, you can’t afford to buy second hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Looks like a 'Brave Pill' to me...

My sons friends dad had one a 2 years ago, he got rid of it within the year as it was just a money pit, looked really nice though.

A friend of mine in the late 90s was going to buy a Maserati Biturbo for 5K in Amsterdam. He had the cash in a carrier bag and left the bag on the Metro which was never seen again.

Although he was obviously gutted I told him it losing the money was probably the best financial outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    A friend of mine in the late 90s was going to buy a Maserati Biturbo for 5K in Amsterdam. He had the cash in a carrier bag and left the bag on the Metro which was never seen again.

Although he was obviously gutted I told him it losing the money was probably the best financial outcome.
    At least that’s what he told you. What he really did with the £5000 would likely be a much more entertaining story given the venue