closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Potential final SOTC

Master

Potential final SOTC

Picked up a watch on Friday that I think will keep me going for a while, quite happy where I am collection wise, enough variety to keep me interested. Could this be my final SOTC?

Rolex SD43: bought new from AD just over a year ago. Feels great on the wrist and the red text is a nice touch in the dial. I love that it isn’t a submariner and you don’t see many of them in the wild.

Rolex DJ41 two tone Wimbledon dial: bought new from AD summer last year. Although two tone the rose gold is fairly subtle and not too loud. The fluted bezel adds some sparkle and the dial Roman numerals to me look great.

Rolex GMT BLNR: received in a trade towards my RG yatchmaster summer last year. I had one of these about 5 years ago before prices got crazy and always regretted selling it. Glad to have one back in the collection. Mostly wear it now on a blue Everest rubber strap.

IWC Portuguese Automatic: bought late last year to mark my 40th. Given that it is a watch a I would never sell quite refreshing to buy something and not think about resale values (although did still buy second hand) I had the stainless steel version 5 years ago which was only sold to fund some home renovations. The rose gold version adds a nice bit of extra weight to it and makes it feel more of an occasion to wear.

Rolex GMT BLRO: Picked up new on Friday from my AD. Obviously still in the honeymoon period but it really is the perfect watch. The red GMT hand and on the bezel make it a bit more vibrant. The jubilee bracelet extremely comfortable and allows for the perfect fit, also the smaller links aren’t a smudge magnet like the polished oyster bracelets on my DJ41 or BLNR. Overall the a great watch and all you ever need.

Hopefully I’m now in a good place collection wise and at least for a while will stop searching SC for the next thing to “complete” the collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Super collection there Michael. I always remember you offering your Kermit to me many years ago before all the hype began. We’ve bought and sold a few between us. It looks like you are happy with what you have now and I would certainly be happy with it too.

Well done reaching Nirvana (for now).

Martyn.

Thanks for the update and congratulations on your BLRO. Despite being heavily weighted to Rolex, you do still have some variety in there with the DJ41. I like how you seem to use your GMT functions too on both watches (unless the BLNR photo was indeed taken at 6am!). I'm interested that you indicate the BLRO might be a "one" watch whereas, based on the others in your collection (barring the BLNR), I was coming to conclusion you preferred a bit of extra size and heft? Anyway, lovely collection.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Super collection there Michael. I always remember you offering your Kermit to me many years ago before all the hype began. We’ve bought and sold a few between us. It looks like you are happy with what you have now and I would certainly be happy with it too.

Well done reaching Nirvana (for now).

Martyn.
    Thanks Martyn. Am happy indeed. Would I be even happier if I still owned the AP 15300 I sold for £7k (admittedly quite a while ago now), probably, but that was a different watch world back then! Had to sell most of the collection over the years, including the Kermit you mention, to fund house purchase and various building projects so happy to now have built it back up and have some pieces which I truly enjoy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Thanks for the update and congratulations on your BLRO. Despite being heavily weighted to Rolex, you do still have some variety in there with the DJ41. I like how you seem to use your GMT functions too on both watches (unless the BLNR photo was indeed taken at 6am!). I'm interested that you indicate the BLRO might be a "one" watch whereas, based on the others in your collection (barring the BLNR), I was coming to conclusion you preferred a bit of extra size and heft? Anyway, lovely collection.
    Thanks Jukeboxs. Don’t actually use the GMT function...too much effort to set the GMT hand! The DJ41 is actually 39.5mm. So only the SD43 and Portuguese are “large”, with the latter not being that heavy as it is on a leather strap. Both have nice presence on the wrist but for pure comfort can’t beat the BLRO.

Good to meet you today

Lovely collection. The datejust looks awesome. My wife has the same in steel and yellow gold.

That's a lovely collection, Michael. However, if I were you (and before accepting it as the final iteration) I'd consider swapping out the BLNR for a Daytona or, perhaps, a VC Overseas Chrono. IMHO you don't need two iterations of the GMT in a relatively small number of watches, and that one change would take you close to watch Nirvana.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That's a lovely collection, Michael. However, if I were you (and before accepting it as the final iteration) I'd consider swapping out the BLNR for a Daytona or, perhaps, a VC Overseas Chrono. IMHO you don't need two iterations of the GMT in a relatively small number of watches, and that one change would take you close to watch Nirvana.
    I had considered moving the BLNR on now I have the BLRO, but they really are quite different...the blue in the BLNR is very sharp, plus the oyster bracelet has a different look and feel. Having said that, if I could swap it for a Daytona I would!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Second this... having handled a VC Overseas recently I was thoroughly impressed. And crazy enough you can swap out a BLNR for a VC chrono and change ...

Great collection:)

Lovely collection.
    All you could ever want.. ( if your a Rolex fan like me )
    Your Milly GV is still with me

Master

Potential final SOTC

Well a lot can happen in 4 months 3 out, 2 in, think I’m finally in my happy place (watch wise). DJ41 is the latest pick up was aiming for a Sub ND but after trying it on it didn’t really appeal to me. I wear my BLRO on an oyster bracelet so couldn’t see what the Sub ND would add. Never had considered the sunburst dial DJ, but in the flesh it has a real depth to it and changes it’s tone depending on how the light hits it the Rolex website doesn’t do it justice. Overall I’m happy will see if I last longer than 4 months this time.

Probably the perfect 4 watch lineup there. Lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Only slightly jealous. We’ll done on the last pickup. Very tasty DJ. If you ever want to dump the AP give me a ring - it would be well worth a day return flight from Faro in the future! . Martyn.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    A nice quartet. Here's to the next shuffle :)

Master
    Don’t tempt me Martyn, I’m trying to be content with what I have! I am on the list for a LVc so I’m sure if I get called for that it will kick off another shuffle!