closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 103

Thread: New Rolex Submariner 124060 Steel - non date availability check in

  1. #51
    Craftsman jonasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    740
    Iíve played with the thought of cashing in on my Kermit and replace it with the new Sub ND. What are my chances with zero AD history?

  2. #52
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wokingham
    Posts
    1,906
    I sent an enquiry to my local AD earlier today for a ND Sub. I've only bought a couple of watches from them in the last 8 or so years including a Milgauss GV so I don't have much hope of even getting a response any time soon. I actually have no interest in building any kind of relationship with them because every time I've been in there I've been talked down to and told how Rolex is an aspirational brand.

  3. #53
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,998
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    He said that the basic facts were that a video with Rolex in the title got double the amount of views than one without.
    Yep .. that is all these people care about views ... views = ad revenue so it is just a ratings game.

    It is bizarre that there is such a huge business is people wanting the opinions of others on all items when the reviewer seems to have no grounds to offering anything more than a laypersons view ... expert reviews are useful but those of a self appointed random seem irrelevant to me.

  4. #54
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    4,114
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    I actually have no interest in building any kind of relationship with them because every time I've been in there I've been talked down to and told how Rolex is an aspirational brand.
    I'd be the same! Cheeky s0ds! It's not "an aspirational brand", it's an expensive watch! If they don't want to sell you one, fine but, as you say, you don't go in the dealers to be insulted!

  5. #55
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    4,114
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Iíve played with the thought of cashing in on my Kermit and replace it with the new Sub ND. What are my chances with zero AD history?
    Seems some posters on similar threads have got (extremely) lucky and picked up sought after watches when the odds were massively against. Your chances of the watch at list if you don't ask are zero so got to be worth trying.

  6. #56
    Grand Master MartynJC (UK)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lagoa, Portugal
    Posts
    11,179
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I donít own a sub but videos of that nature smell a little too much of jealousy to me, yeah the whole professional Rolex secondary market is a little ugly but that doesnít distract from the fact that they are very nice, iconic watches.

    They are also a vehicle for you tubers to ramp their audiences.
    I don't think he disagrees they are nice and some iconic watches. He was warning of buying fakes and franken watches feeding rotten (illegal) industries - I think the first parts about Rolex wearers was not to be taken too seriously - but there were some good observations mixed in (IMHO).

  7. #57
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,817
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Do I not ?

  8. #58
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,998
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    He was warning of buying fakes and franken watches feeding rotten (illegal) industries .
    Thatís handy ... who knew?

    Really it was little more than click bait disparaging sub owners ...

  9. #59
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Had my name down for a 124060 since release and got the call today, to go alongside my 114060.

  10. #60
    Master Halitosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Had my name down for a 124060 since release and got the call today, to go alongside my 114060.
    Congratulations and I hope you donít mean alongside in the safe. Iíll put money on your 114060 not getting much future wrist time.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  11. #61
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks I can’t wait!

    Who knows what the future holds but currently I’m thinking about putting the 114060 on a black Rubber B tang buckle for a more casual look.

  12. #62
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    33,954
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Just a fishing exercise to see what the wait time has been for any new owners? I have my name down for the new 124060 since Nov, but no call as of yet....
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    I agree, a lot of them seem to end up in grey retailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    I wonít be paying over the odds for sure. Full RRP and not a penny more. Iíll actually be asking for 5/6% discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Iíll let you know how it goes when I purchase :)
    Hi, just wondering whether you received your watch in the meantime, if you managed to get the discount and how you are getting on with it?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  13. #63
    Master jukeboxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,114
    Speedie by name, Speedy by nature.

  14. #64
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,817
    Wow. Just wow.
    Thanks Raffe.

  15. #65
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Hi, just wondering whether you received your watch in the meantime, if you managed to get the discount and how you are getting on with it?
    Excellent

  16. #66
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Hi, just wondering whether you received your watch in the meantime, if you managed to get the discount and how you are getting on with it?
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...mariner-124060

  17. #67
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,000
    I think Raffeís well aware of that listing.

  18. #68
    Grand Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    11,384
    There are some total doughnuts on this forum. GLWTS etc.

  19. #69
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I think Raffeís well aware of that listing.
    Apologies!

  20. #70
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Apologies!
    Youíre not the one who should be apologising. Obviously he bought with the intention of selling at a mega profit, which makes him a dealer. But heís offering bugger all to the fundraiser.

  21. #71
    Craftsman kinyik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Youíre not the one who should be apologising. Obviously he bought with the intention of selling at a mega profit, which makes him a dealer. But heís offering bugger all to the fundraiser.

    I thought you weren't meant to list new rolexes for sale... as per Eddie's sticky in the SC

  22. #72
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    So just for clarity, everyone who has commented would on receipt of a call to collect a Rolex and not want it would then offer it here for sale at the same price they paid ?

  23. #73
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    I thought you weren't meant to list new rolexes for sale... as per Eddie's sticky in the SC
    Others will say itís not new, itís secondhand and so itís fine for him to list it. It just sticks in the craw that it was so obviously bought to be flogged for a big profit. Wouldnít be quite so galling if the fundraiser got even 10 per cent of what heís asking.

  24. #74
    Preloved.

  25. #75
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    So just for clarity, everyone who has commented would on receipt of a call to collect a Rolex and not want it would then offer it here for sale at the same price they paid ?
    Actually I did that last month with a new Explorer. Sold it at RRP to a good friend whoíll cherish it. Iíd waited 18 months for it but by the time it arrived Iíd lost the desire for it.

  26. #76
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Budapest via Surrey, UK
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    So just for clarity, everyone who has commented would on receipt of a call to collect a Rolex and not want it would then offer it here for sale at the same price they paid ?
    I would probably buy the watch and offer it here for RRP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #77
    Craftsman kinyik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    So just for clarity, everyone who has commented would on receipt of a call to collect a Rolex and not want it would then offer it here for sale at the same price they paid ?

    To be honest I wouldn't list it here at all. Seems to attract a lot of flak and stirs the pot unnecessarily. I would just sell it to the trade and profit less.

  28. #78
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    33,954
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    So just for clarity, everyone who has commented would on receipt of a call to collect a Rolex and not want it would then offer it here for sale at the same price they paid ?
    What a stupid post to make.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  29. #79
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    What a stupid post to make.
    Exactly. No one would

  30. #80
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    So just for clarity, everyone who has commented would on receipt of a call to collect a Rolex and not want it would then offer it here for sale at the same price they paid ?
    If I get a watch Iíd intend to keep it. If I did sell it Iíd offer it here for what Iíd get if selling to the trade, and make a fundraiser donation. Obviously everyone is different.

    I donít think making a profit is the issue, itís selling at grey price after 2 weeks of ownership! That said, itís his/her watch and they can do what they want with it.

  31. #81
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    33,954
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Exactly. No one would
    It was stupid because nobody suggested it.

    People are not objecting that he is selling the watch for whatever it's worth. But if you want strong dealer money for your unworn two-week old Rolex fresh from the AD, either identify as a dealer and contribute to the charity as required by the forum owner or duck off to eBay.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  32. #82
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    If I get a watch Iíd intend to keep it. If I did sell it Iíd offer it here for what Iíd get if selling to the trade, and make a fundraiser donation. Obviously everyone is different.

    I donít think making a profit is the issue, itís selling at grey price after 2 weeks of ownership! That said, itís his/her watch and they can do what they want with it.
    Absolutely agree. Order what you want. I just last week changed my wishlist with a dealer to remove a watch I wouldn't wear.

    But humans (not all as it appears we have some generous souls here) will naturally want something cheap so they can profit. Hes not a bad guy hes a standard human just slightly naive to expect a quiet post from the forum gods

  33. #83
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    It was stupid because nobody suggested it.

    People are not objecting that he is selling the watch for whatever it's worth. But if you want strong dealer money for your unworn two-week old Rolex fresh from the AD, either identify as a dealer and contribute to the charity as required by the forum owner or duck off to eBay.
    I agree. For the record the trade will pay 12.5-13k for one.

  34. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I agree. For the record the trade will pay 12.5-13k for one.
    I am very surprised at these figures considering the trade are advertising them for £13 - 14k before any negotiation.

    I would have expected the trade buy in price to be no more than £10.5-11k with a little more for a px.

  35. #85
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Absolutely agree. Order what you want. I just last week changed my wishlist with a dealer to remove a watch I wouldn't wear.

    But humans (not all as it appears we have some generous souls here) will naturally want something cheap so they can profit. Hes not a bad guy hes a standard human just slightly naive to expect a quiet post from the forum gods
    Yep, would agree with that. Also donít know of said personís circumstances.

  36. #86
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I am very surprised at these figures considering the trade are advertising them for £13 - 14k before any negotiation.

    I would have expected the trade buy in price to be no more than £10.5-11k with a little more for a px.
    Have you any links to a new UK one please?

  37. #87
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Budapest via Surrey, UK
    Posts
    341
    https://chrono24.app/rolex/rolex-sub...AE&SETCURR=GBP


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #88
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    Thank you. The cheapest in UK. The other 4 are a little more. If thats in stock it wouldnt be a bad buy for an investor or someone wanting one.

  39. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Thank you. The cheapest in UK. The other 4 are a little more. If thats in stock it wouldn't be a bad buy for an investor or someone wanting one.
    And there you have the nub of the problem....

    There can't be that many Rolex ADs in NI. I wonder if, which ever one it was, they'd be happy to see this being sold here for that amount?
    Last edited by dkpw; 19th April 2022 at 14:28.

  40. #90
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    And there you have the nub of the problem....

    There can't be that many Rolex ADs in NI. I wonder if, which ever one it was, they'd be happy to see this being sold here for that amount?
    You haven't highlighted 'someone who wants one' and unless lucky this is the new normal. It wont change.

    Re the AD. Do they care? No, they never cared if you took a dump on a steel or precious metal watch in the past so we are where we are. They have their money they wanted and a sale complete.

  41. #91
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,998
    Blog Entries
    1
    Meanwhile I've been on the waiting list for over a year now ... called in to the local AD and the man was very nice, he recognised me (or pretended he did) and checked my details were correct on his system ... chatted a bit and left ... will drop in again in 6-12 months time ... maybe one day.

  42. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

    Re the AD. Do they care? No.
    I second this having been told on numerous occasions by the AD I use they could not care less what I do with the watch once I have paid for it.

  43. #93
    There are numerous stories on various fora of people being blacklisted if they sold within a certain time period and found out by ADs. I am not sure what the truth is. No one knows anything for sure in the Rolex world. How many Rolexes are Ďin the backí, if ADs sell to grey dealers, which of the practices to discourage flipping are Rolexís and which are ADsí, what are the repercussions of immediate flipping if found out etc. it is all heresay and anyone who professes to know for sure are BSing. Some more than the others.

  44. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I second this having been told on numerous occasions by the AD I use they could not care less what I do with the watch once I have paid for it.
    I'm sure you use Rolex ADs far more frequently than I do.

    As for my point about the AD caring, there have been many threads on here saying some do strongly object to scalpers selling over RRP, hence all the warranty card retention and relationship nonsense that feature here, seemingly perpetually.

  45. #95
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    33,954
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I'm sure you use Rolex ADs far more frequently than I do.

    As for my point about the AD caring, there have been many threads on here saying some do strongly object to scalpers selling over RRP, hence all the warranty card retention and relationship nonsense that feature here, seemingly perpetually.
    Remember the danpd incident that let to Ryan B being blacklisted at Fraser Hart.

    They do care, even scan eBay for serial numbers of watches.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

  46. #96
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Remember the danpd incident that let to Ryan B being blacklisted at Fraser Hart.

    They do care, even scan eBay for serial numbers of watches.
    Only when investigating staff misappropriation

  47. #97
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,969
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    And there you have the nub of the problem....

    There can't be that many Rolex ADs in NI. I wonder if, which ever one it was, they'd be happy to see this being sold here for that amount?
    Only one AD now, Lunn's in Belfast, where they run the Rolex boutique and also sell in their Victoria Square store. Doubt that they would be impressed. I am sure that someone will be whispering in the appropriate ear very soon, they would not supply many submariners each month.

    Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

  48. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post

    As for my point about the AD caring, there have been many threads on here saying some do strongly object to scalpers selling over RRP, hence all the warranty card retention and relationship nonsense that feature here, seemingly perpetually.
    People that get allocated one watch then flip it may be blacklisted if the AD were to find out, however the AD's know full well people buying items of jewellery they would otherwise struggle to sell, watches from unloved brands etc are not buying numerous in demand watches to keep.

    I am not saying it is right or is wrong but it's the reality.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 19th April 2022 at 18:40.

  49. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Have you any links to a new UK one please?
    Is this the same model?

    https://www.miltonsdiamonds.com/watc...BoCKlgQAvD_BwE

  50. #100
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,627
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Yes thatís a pre owned one so same deal being offered here on a newer watch with a longer warranty, competitive some might say!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information