closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rolex Submariner 124060 Steel - non date availability check in

Iíve played with the thought of cashing in on my Kermit and replace it with the new Sub ND. What are my chances with zero AD history?

Master
    I sent an enquiry to my local AD earlier today for a ND Sub. I've only bought a couple of watches from them in the last 8 or so years including a Milgauss GV so I don't have much hope of even getting a response any time soon. I actually have no interest in building any kind of relationship with them because every time I've been in there I've been talked down to and told how Rolex is an aspirational brand.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    He said that the basic facts were that a video with Rolex in the title got double the amount of views than one without.
    Yep .. that is all these people care about views ... views = ad revenue so it is just a ratings game.

It is bizarre that there is such a huge business is people wanting the opinions of others on all items when the reviewer seems to have no grounds to offering anything more than a laypersons view ... expert reviews are useful but those of a self appointed random seem irrelevant to me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    I actually have no interest in building any kind of relationship with them because every time I've been in there I've been talked down to and told how Rolex is an aspirational brand.
    I'd be the same! Cheeky s0ds! It's not "an aspirational brand", it's an expensive watch! If they don't want to sell you one, fine but, as you say, you don't go in the dealers to be insulted!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Iíve played with the thought of cashing in on my Kermit and replace it with the new Sub ND. What are my chances with zero AD history?
    Seems some posters on similar threads have got (extremely) lucky and picked up sought after watches when the odds were massively against. Your chances of the watch at list if you don't ask are zero so got to be worth trying.

Surrey, UK. OdiŠxere or somewhere in-between
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I donít own a sub but videos of that nature smell a little too much of jealousy to me, yeah the whole professional Rolex secondary market is a little ugly but that doesnít distract from the fact that they are very nice, iconic watches.

They are also a vehicle for you tubers to ramp their audiences.
    I don't think he disagrees they are nice and some iconic watches. He was warning of buying fakes and franken watches feeding rotten (illegal) industries - I think the first parts about Rolex wearers was not to be taken too seriously - but there were some good observations mixed in (IMHO).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    Do I not ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    He was warning of buying fakes and franken watches feeding rotten (illegal) industries .
    Thatís handy ... who knew?

Really it was little more than click bait disparaging sub owners ...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Had my name down for a 124060 since release and got the call today, to go alongside my 114060.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Had my name down for a 124060 since release and got the call today, to go alongside my 114060.
    Congratulations and I hope you donít mean alongside in the safe. Iíll put money on your 114060 not getting much future wrist time.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks I can’t wait!

Who knows what the future holds but currently I’m thinking about putting the 114060 on a black Rubber B tang buckle for a more casual look.