closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The state of the collection thread

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    2023 in order of most worn.

]
    They're all bloody lovely. I'm curious about the order; are the pics most worn to least or least worn to most?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    They're all bloody lovely. I'm curious about the order; are the pics most worn to least or least worn to most?
    Most to least. I wear the DJ and PAMs the most at the minute.

Most to least. I wear the DJ and PAMs the most at the minute.
    Guessed as much. Lovely collection.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePattinson View Post
    Apologies for the terrible pictures but it is late here and pretty dark so this is the best I can do at the moment with my phone. I will try to take some decent shots at some point!

So this is the current collection, pretty happy where I am at although there are always a few on the list to add!

Also have these waiting back in the UK

Oh and my Mrs seems to have “borrowed” this one

The iwc amg petronas is very nice. I’m very close to ordering one but was hesitant as it’s online only and really wanted to see it, try it on first. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    This is where I currently stand on my "journey"

I had no idea they were cheating on me!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    MrsV reported the other day that when she was in London last week she saw a watch shop using them for display and that there was a window full of astronaut butlers.
    The audacity!

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico View Post
    The iwc amg petronas is very nice. I’m very close to ordering one but was hesitant as it’s online only and really wanted to see it, try it on first. What are your thoughts on it? Thanks

Yes get it ordered, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I love mine and I wear it a lot, it is especially good as a summer watch with the rubber strap and 100 metres water resistance. Plus it’s versatile with the easx-change system if you want to switch straps and tone it down a bit.

The 41mm size is comfortable and being titanium it is quite light so it is very easy to wear every day.

I like the contrast between the titanium case and the steel crown and pushers and I am also pleased that it isn’t overtly AMG branded.

The dial is great and the “Petronas Green” or Teal or whatever is called really looks stunning in my opinion.

It looks great in the sun too!

Journeyman
    The colour really drew me to it. Was wondering it would be a summer only watch. At the moment I’m between this and the green santos. Again would have to order without seeing as my ad has no stock. I know they are very different watches but wanted a pop of colour.

Master
    My collection has changed somewhat since the last post in April 22

Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post

Cracking collection, I would happily own any of them. They are right up my street.

2023 in order of most worn.

Do you find this wears small? My wrist is 8 1/4 and of course getting to try one isn't so easy out in the sticks...
    Last edited by number2; 2nd August 2023 at 15:22.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master

That looks a great and varied collection - some really fine looking Seiko in particular.

Craftsman

That Precista is cool!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Do you find this wears small? My wrist is 8 1/4 and of course getting to try one isn't so easy out in the sticks...
    Yes, really small. The only thing I've found that bulks it out a little bit is an isofrane or a nato.
    If youre ever northumberland way you're welcome for a try on over coffee.

Yes, really small. The only thing I've found that bulks it out a little bit is an isofrane or a nato.
    If youre ever northumberland way you're welcome for a try on over coffee.
    Thanks for the reply, what you say seems to confirm what I've previously read though I'm generally good with case sizes from 38-40mm, no travels North currently on the horizon but thanks for your kind offer.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Some mega collections on this thread.

Got myself to 5 watches I wear and two sentimental ones now. The sentimental ones are a seiko my dad gave me at 16 and a Tommy hilfiguer my now wife gave me almost 20 years ago. I have tried to buy a variety of brands, complications and materials to give a small collection some diversity. I aim to keep the nice watches to 6 and below so there is still room to grow.

My Omega seasmaster aqua terra golf edition with the 8500 calibre movement. Bought when I turned 30 and is a keeper.

My newly acquired zenith pilot big date flyback ceramic. Bought for my 40th birthday and also a keeper.

My IWC MKXVIII le petit prince.

My Tudor Pelagos 39. I went through a lot of Tudor’s to get to this one.

My g-shock Casio oak.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Some mega collections on this thread.

Got myself to 5 watches I wear and two sentimental ones now. The sentimental ones are a seiko my dad gave me at 16 and a Tommy hilfiguer my now wife gave me almost 20 years ago. I have tried to buy a variety of brands, complications and materials to give a small collection some diversity. I aim to keep the nice watches to 6 and below so there is still room to grow.

My Omega seasmaster aqua terra golf edition with the 8500 calibre movement. Bought when I turned 30 and is a keeper.

My newly acquired zenith pilot big date flyback ceramic. Bought for my 40th birthday and also a keeper.

My Tudor Pelagos 39. I went through a lot of Tudor’s to get to this one.

My g-shock Casio oak.
    That’s a lovely set. As always, the lesser seen ones are the most interesting and that Zenith looks ace, as others have previously pointed out. Good work!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Cracking collection, I would happily own any of them. They are right up my street.
    Thank you John. Your Precista definitely inspired me to buy mine !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    That looks a great and varied collection - some really fine looking Seiko in particular.
    Thanks for the kind words. The slim 6105 is a new addition. I sold a very nice Willard as I felt the case was a bit wide for my tiny wrists. The Slim case is perfection for me !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    That Precista is cool!
    Cheers. It’s in extremely good nick for an issued watch. The Patina is very cool.

Master
    Blog Entries

I have been trying to be a bit more selective in my collecting in recent years, focusing on watches that I actually want as opposed to trying virtually everything.
    So lots have moved on since I took the picture below but the collection is still stupidly large.

The Japanese seem to be my most worn for work. The 6309s are not worn and are a work in progress tracking down original parts. The gold bezel Citizen was the watch I wore through school.

The Germans

US military watches, this is where it all started with the A11

UK military watches - my main focus area.

Various stuff, the 1550 should really be in the photo below

Military watches from other parts of the world

Micro brands and homages

I am quite content at the moment and a few might be up for the chop soon, we shall see.

Craftsman
    I have been trying to be a bit more selective in my collecting in recent years, focusing on watches that I actually want as opposed to trying virtually everything.
    So lots have moved on since I took the picture below but the collection is still stupidly large.

The Japanese seem to be my most worn for work. The 6309s are not worn and are a work in progress tracking down original parts. The gold bezel Citizen was the watch I wore through school.

I am quite content at the moment and a few might be up for the chop soon, we shall see.
    That's a great collection - I like them all. It looks that you have enough there to wear one a week and actually not use them all for an entire year!
    Respect! (as the youth say)

Master

The Germans

US military watches, this is where it all started with the A11

UK military watches - my main focus area.

Various stuff, the 1550 should really be in the photo below

Military watches from other parts of the world

Micro brands and homages

Absolutely brilliant! That beat up Tudor is my favourite. Don’t ever change that strap !

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    All good choices, but this one is such a beauty!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    All good choices, but this one is such a beauty!
    It’s a lovely watch.

Absolutely brilliant! That beat up Tudor is my favourite. Don’t ever change that strap !
    Cheers Gents, yep the Tudor remaining as it is.

I may post a proper SOTC at some point as there have been loads of changes since the last one. As I stated I would in a related thread a few months ago, I've let all my "high end" watches go as I wasn't prepared to pay the associated insurance premium (£2k per annum at the last proposed renewal).

My current collection is here, though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I may post a proper SOTC at some point as there have been loads of changes since the last one. As I stated I would in a related thread a few months ago, I've let all my "high end" watches go as I wasn't prepared to pay the associated insurance premium (£2k per annum at the last proposed renewal).

Nice watches, nice photos, nice camera kit, nice photographic skills.

I love the four Autavia GMTs you owned and the tritium Speedmaster too.
    Any idea where the Autavia’s are now, and whether they’re available for sale (especially the 2446)?
    Last edited by YCymro; 6th August 2023 at 12:30. Reason: Found another Autavia

Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    Nice watches, nice photos, nice camera kit, nice photographic skills.

I love the four Autavia GMTs you owned and the tritium Speedmaster too.
    Any idea where the Autavia’s are now, and whether they’re available for sale (especially the 2446)?
    Thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks.

Most, if not all, are with Ed335d, although I have to admit I probably miss the two Montreals more. And yes, I’ve had two sublime tritium Speedies, including a bang-on Ed White (shouldn’t have sold it and should have bought it back when offered).

Craftsman
    Thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks.

Most, if not all, are with Ed335d, although I have to admit I probably miss the two Montreals more. And yes, I’ve had two sublime tritium Speedies, including a bang-on Ed White (shouldn’t have sold it and should have bought it back when offered).
    I think all of the watches you’ve shared photos of are absolutely superb, and I’d be pleased to own any one of them. My Autavia, which I sold when with hindsight, we were giving the things away, didn’t look to be in the same condition as yours.

I’ve not owned a Montreal, but you’ve planted the seed…….

Superb. And lovely pics.
    Was hoping the UN had move on tho:-)

As you can tell, I like Longines watches
    3 Christopher ward (probably selling 2 of them tho)

There is a Montblanc 1858 chronograph currently with them under warranty and 2 Hamilton chronographs, 1 away for service tho.

Sent from a technical device.

Blog Entries
    I can't remember if I've posted this picture before - but I thought I'd re-post here. Been a couple of ins/outs since the previous post. I have thought about doing some changes - but just ended up adding this one since the group pic:

group pic of the rest:

Enjoy.. Martyn
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    PP Pilot

The state of the collection thread

You have to love the big green one, and the sneaky stealth white gold yacht master is awesome. Amazing collection .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Wow, quite the collection! I've found your postings on watches interesting as we have some overlap in things (albeit not much!), but that is a monstrous collection. I struggle to decide what to wear with probably a fifth of that collection!
    Do you just want to chop a few out to try different things?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Wow, quite the collection! I've found your postings on watches interesting as we have some overlap in things (albeit not much!), but that is a monstrous collection. I struggle to decide what to wear with probably a fifth of that collection!
    Do you just want to chop a few out to try different things?
    Thanks. To be honest it is getting rather out of hand so I have been thinking about which ones to cull in recent months.
    That said I know what I like, so will end up with similar watches, I dislike bling, I am not fussed by many of the forum darlings and I like patina.
    I have been mulling selling a few and buying an original CWC from 1980, Or chopping in the lot and putting the cash towards an issued Seamaster and keeping a Seiko for day to day wear.

Master
    Thanks. To be honest it is getting rather out of hand so I have been thinking about which ones to cull in recent months.
    That said I know what I like, so will end up with similar watches, I dislike bling, I am not fussed by many of the forum darlings and I like patina.
    I have been mulling selling a few and buying an original CWC from 1980, Or chopping in the lot and putting the cash towards an issued Seamaster and keeping a Seiko for day to day wear.
    Would be interesting if you managed to get down to the latter.
    I like having different things to wear, so the appeal of that just wouldn't appeal really. Nor would wearing a significant wedge of cash on my wrist, it's bad enough with how values are now, let alone if I consolidated down to 1-3 watches. Obviously a spectacular first-world problem, but one I'm not at all keen on. That Blancpain No Rads on SC could be that sort of thing, but I just wouldn't feel comfortable wearing £20ks worth of watch.

3 or 4 decent watches would get you that 1980 CWC, an issued Seamaster is another level as we know, but having got either their value over the years has only gone in one direction.

Isn’t the grail CWC the 87(88) SBS issued watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    3 or 4 decent watches would get you that 1980 CWC, an issued Seamaster is another level as we know, but having got either their value over the years has only gone in one direction.

Isn’t the grail CWC the 87(88) SBS issued watch?
    The SBS 87 is only the grail as it was the first black CWC, much prefer the 80.
    I keep thinking buy an 80, keep the Pelagos or MM300 as a beater / travel watch and a Navitimer Cosmonaut, that could be my perfect 3 watch collection. We shall see.

Master
    Im kind of the same as you John. I think I have too many watches and sometimes wonder if I should simplify things.

I'd sell all the watches in my recent pic with the exception of the Sub and Speedmaster (as they have sentimental value) and look to get a nice 5513 I think. But, in reality, selling 9 watches would be a right old hassle!

A 1016 is the "Grail" for me but prices are still too crazy.

Been a few changes in my little collection so thought I would share. In a bit of a field watch obsession at the minute, my larger watches are not getting much of a look in!

Love the Pan Europ, it's still on my wish list but I'll get one eventually.

I just sent my Jazzmaster to Hamilton for service, mines on the bracelet but it does look nice on that strap, I think I'll give it a go when it comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Love the Pan Europ, it's still on my wish list but I'll get one eventually.

I just sent my Jazzmaster to Hamilton for service, mines on the bracelet but it does look nice on that strap, I think I'll give it a go when it comes back.

The Pan Europ is a great design, (my favourite Hamilton), wears smaller than the stats suggest too. I have the bracelet for the Jazzmaster also, very different watch on the strap.

The state of the collection thread

I’ve always liked dark dial sports watches.

Current state of the collection

Seiko Tuna Professional Sbbn045
    Meraud Antigua
    Panerai Radiomir 425 S.L.C
    Seiko 62 Mas
    Smiths 29b double dome
    Casioak with nato strap converter. ( the beater )

Last edited by Lammylee; 12th October 2023 at 07:48.