closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Seiko's most beautiful dials?

Quote Originally Posted by alzone View Post
    New birch bark is awesome. Next to snowflake below

I’ve been watching review videos on this, I think it’s my grail watch. The dial, the details, the finishing, just looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just discovered an article on the subject of this thread. Contains some stunning photos!

https://timeandtidewatches.com/best-...bgj203-review/
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 1st April 2021 at 07:59.

The issue with the White Birch in the metal is something that once seen cannot be unseen. It has killed the watch for me. If you don't want to know then turn away now lest it ruins the watch for you.

Ok for everyone else, why the heck did they put that short black line immediately to the right of the date box? In the metal it ruins the watch for me, it is very noticeable and makes it look unbalanced. Damn you Seiko.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The issue with the White Birch in the metal is something that once seen cannot be unseen. It has killed the watch for me. If you don't want to know then turn away now lest it ruins the watch for you.

Ok for everyone else, why the heck did they put that short black line immediately to the right of the date box? In the metal it ruins the watch for me, it is very noticeable and makes it look unbalanced. Damn you Seiko.
    This was pointed out when it was first announced and I agree, I just don't get it. They've done it on some other models as well I seem to remember.
    On others, they've put a small applied metal indices which worked a lot better. Compared to this, not having anything would be better, but I think the applied marker is useful for balancing the dial out as without it, the date window sits too far into the centre (which is why I suspect they put anything here at all).

I think I'd be less bothered by it at it's actual size rather than the enlarged images which make things much more obvious, but perhaps not based on what you've said.
    Last edited by Kamakazie!; 1st April 2021 at 08:42.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

This one really works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

I think you should get it. Second time you posted in this thread:-)
    It does look nice 👍

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I gave in perving and got it :)

I saw that. Congratulations. I think bezel makes the watch. Same dial without a bezel may not appeal to me. I like the case/bracelet interface as well.

Fab watch this, 100% one to see in the metal as the pics don't do it justice. The texture of the dial (so called 'Lion's Mane' design) is fabulous, the case is utterly fantastic in a kind of 'Ok Seiko, go bonkers with the design but make sure you retain some of that design grammar' and the bracelet works with it really well. Not cheap at all this model, but the quality is there to be seen and once again the dial finishing is sublime

Fab watch this, 100% one to see in the metal as the pics don't do it justice. The texture of the dial (so called 'Lion's Mane' design) is fabulous, the case is utterly fantastic in a kind of 'Ok Seiko, go bonkers with the design but make sure you retain some of that design grammar' and the bracelet works with it really well. Not cheap at all this model, but the quality is there to be seen and once again the dial finishing is sublime
    Love it. Screams 70's to me? Or else it puts me in mind of a black JDM Lexus with gold model lettering.

A very interesting watch.

Good on you mate, stunning piece that I’ve been pondering way too long myself, “bagsy first dibs” if you move it on please!

Master

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    I’ve been watching review videos on this, I think it’s my grail watch. The dial, the details, the finishing, just looks awesome.

I got this on release, and it is unbelievably stunning and one of my top 3 watches in my collection, and the only GS in that top 3.

It has to be seen in the metal to be believed. That photo does it no justice at all.

It's also mis-named in a sense, as it really ought to be called Silver Birch. The dial is very silver and metallic.

btw I completely fail to see any problem with the small hour indice at 3 o'clock.

Journeyman
    Stunning dial. I think it’s my own failing but after a few days with a beautiful watch like this I start to feel that I need a bit of rough and go back to my vintage divers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a Grand Seiko however this re-edition King Seiko has a dial that holds up against the GS I've owned I'd say.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Apprentice

beautiful

It's not a Grand Seiko however this re-edition King Seiko has a dial that holds up against the GS I've owned I'd say.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    i think it would be great for women too

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I like the diamond pattern knurling on the 12 marker.

My new pride and joy!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk
    Last edited by marius; 9th May 2021 at 12:30.

Spuds is that the Godzilla that was forsale awhile back ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Even with the little white blob/dash at the right of the date window?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Some terrific dials here - really like the Silver Birch and the “lions mane” dials. However I really struggle with GS’s date windows and wish they would do more dateless designs.

I had this one and rather regret selling it - a simple but perfect dial: