closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grand Seiko's most beautiful dials?

Threaded View

Grand Seiko's most beautiful dials?

My WIS journey has led me to admire Grand Seiko more than any other watches that I've owned or seen. I love the heritage and technical achievements of the brand but it's the dials that truly impress.

I've spent a happy hour or two in the GS boutique chatting with the staff and trying on some stunning watches. I love how down to earth the Seiko boutique is and how there is something for everyone there. During an evening event I got to handle a Credor Eichi that I'll never be able to afford and a Cocktail Time that I've often considered. Both had stunning dials but at very different price points.

Here are some rather pedestrian shots of my two current GS, the snowflake and the sbgk005. I find the dials of both to be absorbing and fascinating. The snowflake dial represents snow that has freshly fallen on the mountains visible from the GS design studio and the SBGK005 evokes the nearby Mount Iwate. I never get bored of them.

To quote the Watch Snob..." I can think of no company other than Grand Seiko which makes producing watches of great beauty and real aesthetic and spiritual depth, a priority for all its watches rather than for a few."

There should be waiting lists for snowflakes not submariners ; )

Show us your best GS dials please.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 18th March 2021 at 13:23.