closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling watch subscription - new trend?

Breitling watch subscription - new trend?

Breitling way to find some customers, or a brilliant idea?
    Definitely interesting, how other brands will react, Tag Heuer will be next?

"BreitlingSelect is a combination of a subscription and instalment payment plan. It starts with the wearer rotating amongst a handful of trial watches over a year, while paying a monthly fee. But at the end of the year, the total fee paid can be put towards buying one of the watches worn during the trial."

Source: https://watchesbysjx.com/2021/03/bre...scription.html

Master
    Cześć!
    There’s already a thread on this, and I can’t see how it’s a good idea. £2k to wear 3 used Breitlings for a year? Nope! And I’m a B fanboy. If someone had £2k for a watch, I wouldn’t be renting, I’d be buying.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...h-Subscription
    Last edited by ach5; 16th March 2021 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Cześć!
    There’s already a thread on this, and I can’t see how it’s a good idea. £2k to wear 3 used Breitlings for a year? Nope! And I’m a B fanboy. If someone had £2k for a watch, I wouldn’t be renting, I’d be buying.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...h-Subscription
    I think the point is the £2k you pay in renting 3 watches can then be put towards purchasing one of the three. So in essence you get to try three Breitling's for free, so long as you buy one. I say 'free', but in reality I think you probably end up paying RRP this way whereas in an AD you'd usually get a healthy discount.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I think the point is the £2k you pay in renting 3 watches can then be put towards purchasing one of the three. So in essence you get to try three Breitling's for free, so long as you buy one. I say 'free', but in reality I think you probably end up paying RRP this way whereas in an AD you'd usually get a healthy discount.
    How much discount does the £2k rental fee actually get you off the watch though? It’s not a £2k credit. It’s just a ‘discount’ off one of the (used & refurbished) watches.

Master
    I’d imagine you could 2k discount anyway so not that much use.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    How much discount does the £2k rental fee actually get you off the watch though? It’s not a £2k credit. It’s just a ‘discount’ off one of the (used & refurbished) watches.
    I don't know anything beyond what the article says which is this: "The monthly subscription fees already paid can be converted into “Squad Points” used to offset the final purchase price of the watch, making the monthly fees a downpayment of sorts on the final purchase."

Personally this wouldn't appeal to me.

"Squad points"....sounds utterly tacky and puts me off ever owning a Breitling again.

Here's some real world info on someone who's actually subscribed and got a watch, if it helps anyone:

Blog Entries
    This may save me some money. I mean, who buys a new Breitling and then looses a ton of money? This way you pay a monthly lease fee and can have up to 3 watches a year. Considering you could lose £2K at least on depreciation on one watch - perhaps this ain’t such a bad plan.

Squad points though - oh dear.

2k a year and hand back for the instaflex & likes, makes sense and i’m suprised more watch compaines aren’t using this “sales” model.

Plenty of folk on here that flip their new “keepers” on a regular basis probably “lose” just as much in the long run, only differnce the spend feels more justified since you’re not restricted to Breitling.

The terms of the scheme are on their US version of their website.

Breitling can at their sole discretion invoice the customer for damage, upon return of the watches. The terms don't appear to specify what is considered acceptable for normal wear and tear.

Also, if the watch has a warranty issue / fault that's at their discretion too, as to whether they'll send you another one.

I don't know how they'll handle scratches and dents. You'd hope that anything which can easily be polished out, wouldn't be chargeable, since they describe the watches in the lease as 'refurbished'.

I can imagine some YouTuber taking a watch white water rafting then complaining about the bill having grazed it on a rock.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Master
    What would happen if you 'lost' it.
    Would Breitling have insurance cover, or would that be down to the individual?

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    What would happen if you 'lost' it.
    Would Breitling have insurance cover, or would that be down to the individual?

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app
    The customer has to pay Breitling the 'replacement value'.

Though I wonder if the value would be established with the customer upfront and what value Breitling place on a refurbished watch - it the same as the price to buy it under the scheme or something else?

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Some people on here been doing the same with Rolex for years - buy a "quality" fake, post it up on the Friday thread a few times and you never know one day you may have enough money for the real deal..