closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Broadband... well that was easy!

Broadband... well that was easy!

Been with PlusNet for a good few years, always had great speed and a consistent high service so wanted to stay.

Contract due to end next month and price was going to rise from £29pm to £32.50pm.

Quick call of no more than five minutes, quoted a few uswitch prices, and PlusNet price revised down to £24 for same Fibre service (60-75mb) on 18 months.

So surprised it was so simple as it isn't normally, perhaps high churn in the internet market at the moment with everyone working from home.

If your broadband is due soon try for a deal.

Blog Entries
    Standard these days (sadly). Always worth checking - same goes for car / house / health insurance / mobile phone contracts - anything on a contract really.

Master
    I’ll try this with BT in a week or so, was going to Plusnet but I’d rather not risk switching/downtime with all this WFH.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    If your broadband is due soon try for a deal.
    Must be something lacking in my negotiating technique; I rarely get any joy!

"Best" experience I had - and I can't remember which were the two broadband providers concerned - but I rang the existing one and said I've got this offer from another provider. Response (word for word) "Go for it!". So I did and left.

Congratulations I’m on Bt fibre 900 getting Wi-fi speeds in excess of 400 mbps but I’m paying for that speed

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by parmo View Post
    Congratulations I’m on Bt fibre 900 getting Wi-fi speeds in excess of 400 mbps but I’m paying for that speed
    Pffft only 400? I’m getting around 980mbps down and 990mbps up for what other would charge me for much slower speed.

The only game they play is you need to web chat with them once per year to keep the price down.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Pffft only 400? I’m getting around 980mbps down and 990mbps up for what other would charge me for much slower speed.

The only game they play is you need to web chat with them once per year to keep the price down.
    Wow! Speedy!

Considering I’m in a sleeply semi rural village my rock solid 60mb is pretty decent.

I always haggle with suppliers but was surprised how easy it was this year with plusnet, just told them the lowest alternative and they just agreed!

With WFH I assumed providers would stick to their guns and not look to cut deals because really people can’t risk downtime by switching.

I save about £150 over term of contact.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Similarly, recently renewing with Virgin there was no 'haggling at the bazaar' experience.

They basically renewed for another 18 months at the same price with minimal effort on my part.

I'm not sure if its covid and lack of resources.. simply catching them on a good day... or they've just worked out its not worth the car showroom 'I'll need to go and talk to my manager' old codswallop.

Hello

Anyone got Virginmedia Gigabit. And if so, how's it going?

There seems to be a few issues with it under performing.

Master
    Also with plus net was going to ditch them as had lots of issues until recently when I bought my own router, seems like the two plus net had sent me were both useless. Since the new router it’s been faultless.

Contacts up in April and they have sent me several emails to let me know and have also let me know what the price would go up to and the best price they can offer me which is less than I’m currently paying.

Your broadband (Unlimited Fibre Extra) and line rental contract is coming to an end on 15th April 2021.

When your contract ends your monthly price will go from £27.99 to £41.59. Price changes apply.

Ofcom, the communications regulator, requires us to show you the current best prices available for you. You're eligible to move to these new prices now as your contract is coming to an end. Once you get to the end of your contract, you can leave free of charge and either switch to another provider or cancel your service by giving us 14 days' notice. If you'd like to talk to us about your options give us a call on 0800 587 1943 or you can choose one of the new prices listed below.

Services included as part of your contract

•Average download speeds of 66Mb
    •Free Plusnet to Plusnet landline calls

Take a look at the end of the email for a list of the services you have because you're a Plusnet customer.

Here is your best price (in line with Ofcom guidance)
    Unlimited Fibre Extra broadband and line rental for £24.99 a month. 12 month contract. Price changes apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Into my last 30 days of Vodafone broadband contact which I've had no problems whatsoever, rang up yesterday and got an offer of
    £21p/m for 24 months for 73 down/18 up which I agreed to and speeds are bang on.
    More than happy with the deal.

Zen....