closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Junghans watches - any TZers?

Junghans watches - any TZers?

Afternoon TZ,

I'm rather smitten with the Meister Calendar from Junghans:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/junghan...-watch-review/

RRP is certainly punchy at circa 2k Euros, even with that gorgeous curved dial plus the curved crystal and the triple calendar. It does look to be a lovely thing though.

Does anyone have any experience with their wares in terms of quality for the price?

Last edited by hughtrimble; 15th March 2021 at 15:44.

Master
    I've got a few, a Mega Solar Ceramic from the 90's the strap has finally given up as the rubber is perished,but the watch is still in great nick.

I also have a Max Bill, classic watch, needs a service, but a great watch.
    Not sure about resale values, but i've never bought one watch based on what it's worth later.

Junghans watches - any TZers?

My first foray into the hobby was a Max bill automatic. I kept it in the box as I was scared to wear it for the first couple of months! Lovely thing, extremely elegant and one of the few watches I’ve ever had that drew compliments but...

They wear much bigger than you’d think, given their bezel-less design.
    There was a phantom date position on the crown
    Huge exposed acrylic crystal and slim, domed case meant it felt very delicate to me. The rotor noise was also very noticeable due to its slightness.

I ended up selling it to a dealer at a 50% loss to me, lesson learnt! However, that was nothing considering how much getting into this hobby cost and that was the gateway watch.

I still think about picking up something similar. I love the meister kalender, but I think it might look like a dinner plate in real life. YMMV.

Edited to say lots of new ones going much cheaper on C24 and I don’t think that €2K is unreasonable for a Swiss triple calendar moonphase, even if it is a modular design.
    Last edited by Idontgram; 15th March 2021 at 17:44.

Master
    I don’t own one myself, but I bought a Max Bill for the missus and she loves it. Bone fide design classic I think...

Craftsman
    There’s one listed in the sales corner on sale for nearly half price and looks stunning it’s just not something I would wear I don’t think

Apprentice
    Price to value - I think they’re pretty good. The Max Bill at under 1k ive been tempted to pull the trigger a couple of times, but always just wondered where I’d wear it - if I needed a new dressier watch I’d have got it though.

The Max Bill chrono is gorgeous - tried it on once but didn't commit to buying. They are lovely watches

I have a max bill on a milanaise bracelet which I wear on the couple of times a year I go to a black tie dinner.

Classic innit

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I’ve always admired the Max Bill Chronoscope, I’ll get around to getting one one day.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I've owned a couple and still have this:

They cleverly hide the depth with a kind of scallop case design so they look thinner than they are. I think they're great quality, up there with Nomos as an example.

Price wise, I've got lucky on eBay and bagged half-price bargains. They're not exactly mainstream and fly under the radar so keep an eye out.

I personally wouldn't pay full price because I'm a serial flipper and the watches will take a hit. The only one that seems to buck the trend is the Max Bill chrono.

Many thanks to you all for your thoughts and experiences with their watches - pictures and reviews can only show so much.

The Max Bill models are rather lovely, I've always fancied one of the Chronoscopes, but that triple date Meister Kalender...I keep coming back to it! Less functional than the chronographs though, certainly, and I do like a timing function on my regular wearers.

Very good point on how they'd actually look on wrist - I'd not really thought how their nigh-bezel-less designs might work on my wrist, and I think I need to try one of these on as it's quite right that they're all dial, and not small either at 40+mm anyway, so they could indeed look somewhat ridiculous on my wrist. That being said, the ones you've all kindly posted look great on your wrists.

There's a jeweller that I've never gone into, but before lockdown had one of the Meister Kalenders in blue in the window, so once things open back up again (hopefully they've managed to survive) I'll head in a try one on.

Thank you all, as always.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I've owned a couple and still have this:

John, that’s lovely!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    John, that’s lovely!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks Nick. It's been a keeper for a couple of years so I obviously like it

And it's a strap junky. It came on the bracelet …

But suits a rally as well …

Master
    I've got the white dialled version on leather, lovely watch.
    Don't pay retail though

maseman

Master
    Looks fabulous on the bracelet.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app