closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Coffee at work

Master

Coffee at work

Question for the coffee lovers, what do you use for work? I’ve had and used an aeropress for years and it’s been good great coffee however I’d like something that makes a larger cup, I can’t really have a machine as the kitchen area isn’t big enough. I’ve tried a cafetière which is good but clean up is messy any other options I should be looking at? Up to £100 if I have to.

V60 or other drip

I still use the Aeropress on a daily basis... but if not I think a good funnel makes the best coffee xD

I use an aeropress (or used to when I worked in the office) and have never felt the need for a larger cup. It does depend on how much water you put in, how much coffee you put in and how hard you press but I end up with a reasonable sized cup but definitely not a mug.

I guess if I wanted a larger cup I'd put in half the coffee, 3/4 of the water and do it twice.
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 15th March 2021 at 09:54.

Could take a Chemex into work i guess, you just throw the filter in the bin and rince inside the jug.
    If i recall they are well liked by many coffee lovers.

Master
    Hario Switch or Clever Dripper. The latter doing a greater volume. They use the immersion method so it is easy to be consistent. The former can do normal V60 if you want. But V60 needs a more controllable pour whereas immersion does not. I have a Chemex and would find that a bit much in an office. Tbh I use an Aeropress at work but mine has now been stuck in a locker there for a year!

Filter machine in my office.

Edit - ah I see you have a shared office so not an option.

I rarely drink coffee during the day, so a cafetiere with breakfast and I'm done.

If I drink coffee later in the day, it's instant.

When I first started working at home full time (about 7 years ago), I bought one of those capsule machines, but it's still in the cupboard in the box, because it was far bigger than I expected and we didn't have room for it in the kitchen!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    For convenience and quality a Nespresso is hard to beat

Master
    What is this "work" you speak of? :)

Someone on this forum recommended one of these (I think)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacaco-Mini...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I tried the aeropress (due to being unbreakable) - and am not a great fan of them. Could be just oxidised ground coffee, but I found regular cafitiere better.

Blog Entries
    Honestly… A good flask is the route I went down…

Master
    I knew you guys wouldn’t let me down helping me part with some money lol, clever dripper ordered. I love the aeropress and must of had mine about 10 years now but as suggested I find myself making 2 coffees with it to get a mug full which is what I prefer as the day goes on.

I gently raised the subject today of bringing a coffee machine in apparently it’s been done before and lead to all kinds of arguments over who had the last one it of the pot and didn’t empty or refill etc. Reading the reviews this dripper seems like the exact thing I was looking for should make a decent sized mug for my 10oclock ish mug

Master
    I use a clever dripper, very simple and the filters just go in the recycling after each coffee. Wash up the device at the end of the day, easy.

Mine remains stuck in my locker along with 2 pairs of shoes, spare shirt, travel kit, mouse & keyboard since end of Feb 2020....think my coffee may be a little stale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V60 here. Makes a nice mug of coffee.

Used in conjunction with a set of digital scales and a stopwatch.

The following works for me:

15g coffee
    Add 30g water
    Bloom for 30 seconds
    Continue to slowly add water to 175g
    Swirl
    Continue to slowly add water to 250g
    Swirl
    Wait
    Enjoy

- Edit -
    Sorry, see you've already ordered something. Ignore me!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cornholio; 16th March 2021 at 14:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    V60 here. Makes a nice mug of coffee.

Used in conjunction with a set of digital scales and a stopwatch.

The following works for me:

15g coffee
    Add 30g water
    Bloom for 30 seconds
    Continue to slowly add water to 175g
    Swirl
    Continue to slowly add water to 250g
    Swirl
    Wait
    Enjoy

- Edit -
    Sorry, see you've already ordered something. Ignore me!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Surely you didn't do that in the office? I got laughed at for my clever dripper, let alone scales & a stopwatch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Surely you didn't do that in the office? I got laughed at for my clever dripper, let alone scales & a stopwatch!
    The boss is a bit of a coffee geek, so he thinks nothing of it...

Recently got this for the office. Costs us about £30 a week including the ingredients.
    We were going to Costa at least twice a week so we thought what the hell, great bean to cup machine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 16th March 2021 at 23:24.

Master
    Clever dripper arrived yesterday and was used in anger today wow thanks guys it’s absolutely superb, coffee is as good as my aeropress which is high praise indeed but makes a larger quantity ie a full mug. No mess no hassle quick and easy to clean etc and I don’t have the nervousness of knocking my aeropress over using the inverted method. At home we’ve got a bean to cup and if I didn’t think it would cause arguments I’d buy another for work but I’ve been tipped off that major rows where caused over a coffee pot not too long back so this is ideal.

Master
    I thought it would do the job. I’m using the Hario Switch at home currently and it brews a great coffee consistently.

I only drink decaf, so I travel and work with this. It's a cafetiere and thermal mug all in one. Brew, press, add milk, drink. All in one. £11 on Amazon. Keeps the coffee hot for a good 40 minutes

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    I thought it would do the job. I’m using the Hario Switch at home currently and it brews a great coffee consistently.
    Clever dripper is absolutely superb mate really pleased with it delivers a good sized mug full of coffee and after some experiment I’ve nailed exactly how I like it with no mess or fuss. Place filter in and 2-3 measure spoons of coffee (depends on time of day) go to kitchen add a touch of cold water to soak coffee before adding the boiling stuff take to desk wait 3 minutes and place on cup until empty. That’s it throw the paper and grounds away rinse job done great coffee without much more hassle than instant