closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tireno Adriatico stage 5. Van der Poel vs Pogacar

Blog Entries

Tireno Adriatico stage 5. Van der Poel vs Pogacar

Edge of the seat-stuff today! What a race.

"I attacked because I was cold..." said Van der Poel to Dutch journalists. And: "I've never gone so deep! But, tomorrow is a sprinters day. I have no ambition there and the time trial on Tuesday is not my forté. After today, I start preparing for Milan - San Remo!"

Don't forget that Pogacar's chase was very impressive.

Master
    Van der Poel is like a machine, a Terminator !

Pogacar is also very impressive, as is Roglic, but Pogacar has youth on his side..

Thinking of the GT's - I would love to see Froome make a successful comeback , alongside G..

but with the current crop of stars I just can't see them taking another GT win, same for Bernal..

MvDP, Van Aert and maybe Mads Pedersen for the Classics, and Roglic & Pogacar for the GT's, can't see anyone else getting a look in...

edit to add; I'm forgetting Alaphilippe for the Classics! really wonder if Sagan will pick up any wins now going forward?
    Last edited by bry nylon; 15th March 2021 at 13:35.

Master
    Yesterday was a great day for watching bike racing. I watched the stage mentioned above finish, then flipped over to Paris-Nice to see the drama there.
    More please !

Pete

Journeyman
    The new generation are looking unstoppable at the moment:
    - Pogacar decimated what would have been a top strength tdf field this week with no 3-week grand tour contender within 3 minutes so far, and the gap will get wider tomorrow!
    - WvA and MvdP are sharing all the lumpy one - dayers unless they cock it up, in which case Alaphillipe's next in line.

Strade Bianchi was the best race I've seen in years, with the variety of types of rider in the top 10, but I think the Froome/ Yates/ Quintana/ Landa/ Nibali/ BArdet/ sagan generation is done.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using TZ-UK mobile app