closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Captain Willard SPB153J1- Are Discounts Achievable?

Master

Seiko Captain Willard SPB153J1- Are Discounts Achievable?

I'm really liking the Seiko SPB153J1, the "Captain Willard", but I also like a bargain. Is it realistic to think it might be possible to get a discount on one?
    If so, what would be a realistic figure to aim for?
    Many thanks,

Absolutely.

Discount codes are readily available for 15% to use online with the likes of Goldsmiths so this is a minimum. I ordered the blue limited edition spb183 Willard on release and managed to get a 20% discount plus free watch roll. Was available in store but I ordered online to get a further 3% via topcashback.

Goldsmiths are still doing the key worker/ front line discount which is worth a look [20%].

Master
    Thanks, I'll have a look at that now.

When i checked a couple of weeks ago the WATCH20 code was working on the SPB line at goldsmiths - it seems to come and go so might be worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Also if you drop Jura watches a price match, last time I did they beat it and gave anther 5% off

Master
    Thanks everyone. I need to be more observant (not absorbent as I nearly wrote).

Master
    Thanks for all the tips, I went onto Goldsmiths and got a green Willard at 20% discount plus a buckshee watch roll & free next day delivery.
    Goldsmiths being part of WoS, it'll be good for my purchase history too (I hope).

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    How did you get 20% off ?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Thanks for all the tips, I went onto Goldsmiths and got a green Willard at 20% discount plus a buckshee watch roll & free next day delivery.
    Goldsmiths being part of WoS, it'll be good for my purchase history too (I hope).
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    How did you get 20% off ?
    I used the code WATCH20 online & it was accepted. It does look like the discount means that the buckshee watch roll won't be making an appearance though...

Send them an email Speedy.

My order came without the watch roll initially. They acknowledged the basket doesn’t update correctly when applying the code. They dispatched a roll on a separate order and it came the following day. Certainly worth a follow up if it is omitted.

Are Hilliers and Jura affiliated? There are similarities on pricing, discounts and site appearance.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post

My order came without the watch roll initially. They acknowledged the basket doesn’t update correctly when applying the code. They dispatched a roll on a separate order and it came the following day. Certainly worth a follow up if it is omitted.
    It came today but no roll. I emailed them & the response said the freebies were reserved for those paying full price. I replied that the website confirmed that the roll was part of the order & that as a frequent customer of the WoS group I was disappointed not to have received it.
    Hopefully they will reconsider.
    If not, it's not the end of the world, I'd rather have the money off than the freebie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post

It came today but no roll. I emailed them & the response said the freebies were reserved for those paying full price. I replied that the website confirmed that the roll was part of the order & that as a frequent customer of the WoS group I was disappointed not to have received it.
    Hopefully they will reconsider.
    If not, it's not the end of the world, I'd rather have the money off than the freebie.

So what they are saying is, it’s not a free watch roll. If you buy their full price watch, the price also includes the cost of a watch roll that you may or may not want. I’d be willing to bet that 100% of people buying would rather have the cheaper watch and no roll!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    So what they are saying is, it’s not a free watch roll. If you buy their full price watch, the price also includes the cost of a watch roll that you may or may not want. I’d be willing to bet that 100% of people buying would rather have the cheaper watch and no roll!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I could use the roll but I'd much prefer the 20% discount.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    How much did you pay for the Willard?

Assuming you got a discount on the £1000 advertised price then technically you do not qualify for a free watch roll. Advertising states a free watch roll with all purchases over £1000.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    How much did you pay for the Willard?

Assuming you got a discount on the £1000 advertised price then technically you do not qualify for a free watch roll. Advertising states a free watch roll with all purchases over £1000.
    I got 20%, so £800. Technically you are correct but the website includes the roll when confirming the order.
    As others have said, the discount is preferable to the gizzit.