closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Citizen Eco-drive capacitor replacement

Master

Citizen Eco-drive capacitor replacement

I bought a titanium Citizen Eco-drive chrono, I think the model number is AV0020, in 2004 or 2007, which I donated to my lad in an attempt to get him to wear a watch (mobile phone generation). It seems to have worked as he wears it a lot, but now it has apparently stopped. He reports the power reserve indicator is still showing a good charge but it has stopped and is unresponsive. Obviously I can't see him to have a look myself.
    I'm thinking the capacitor has given up the ghost, but perhaps someone has an alternative suggestion?
    Assuming it is the capacitor, can anyone suggest a source for a replacement? I've had a look on Youtube and it "seems" an fairly easy job to replace it.
    I have tried to search on here but I am useless at finding anything I look for so any links would be gratefully received.

Master
    I’d think if it’s showing a charge it’s ok
    Maybe another issue- is get him to get it outside in the sun for a day- maybe in the garden if he has one - if it’s low on charge that would revive it
    Edit
    I see it’s the 2100 chrono- I’d get it in the sun as above then try a full reset 1st

Master
    Thanks for that, will give him a shout.
    Failing that I could donate my SKX009 but his usage suits a quartz or Eco-drive better.

Citizen Eco-drive capacitor replacement

I’ve just replaced the capacitor in one of my eco-drives. Despite sitting on the windowsill for several days and seemingly recovering, it went into power saver and sleep mode within a couple of weeks.
    Took the plunge and ordered from eBay user everythingwatchesuk. Came in a genuine citizen package and the watch now functions perfectly. Just search for the movement number (in my case E870) and select the appropriate cell / capacitor. As simple as a battery change, then put the watch into hard reset and set the date and time, away you go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I've suggested the direct sunlight plan to him and he will give it a go. Failing that we will try a new capacitor for about £20. The watch is in very descent nick so it would be a shame to scrap it. Thanks for the info.

Master
    Cousins price is good and last time I managed to order one with standard postage
    I’m sure one the members was offering a replacement service for a decient price - basically cost plus postage

Master
    I think you're right, but as I'm rubbish with the search button I can't find it. I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Master
    Many thanks. I will see how it's performing (not had a great deal of sunlight in the past few days sadly)