closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: COVID Vaccine Tracking

Craftsman
    Anyone in England over 50 can now book their appointment through the website or by calling

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/03/n...rks-100th-day/

Master
    47 and had mine last Thursday, the Oxford one.
    It wiped me out for a couple of days! Wasn’t nice at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I was surprised to get a text message today inviting me to book my COVID jab, which I did for next weekend. This is for NE Surrey location.

Surprised, because I am only 52 and expected my jab was at least a couple of months off.

Presumably they have now completed all people aged 55+.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you are over 45, your jab is not too far away.

Anyone else in their early 50s being lined up for the jab?
    Same age as you and had my jab today, as did my wife. We both had the Oxford-AZ vaccine. The 2nd appt was pre-booked for us in exactly 12 weeks time - even the times were the same.

However with the vaccine shortages announced today, we may have to wait and see....

I’m 37, just had my first jab yesterday (AZ). The last 24 hours haven’t been great, had nearly every possible side effect, waking up after a full night of fever to extreme ‘pins and needles’ in my right leg and not being able to feel my foot. Today has been better, just aches and general unwell feeling. Hopefully back to normal tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    The 2nd appt was pre-booked for us in exactly 12 weeks time - even the times were the same. However with the vaccine shortages announced today, we may have to wait and see....
    My understanding is that the shortages will have the effective of delaying first jabs; they are factoring in the second jabs within 12 weeks before moving down the list to offer first jabs.

Age 62. Centrally issued letter from NHS dated 23 February landed on door mat 2 March. The central booking website was updated 1 March inviting over 60s to book.

Booked online and we (wife same age) both had 1st AZ jab yesterday morning. No side effects for me so far. My wife started feeling washed out, tired and a bit fluey, by about 8:00pm and has only just felt able to get up. Remarkably similar effect for her to a day in late February 2020, following a weekend visit to our daughter.

Subsequently received a text from our surgery last Friday inviting us to book via the centre they have set up.

Following news reports this morning about delayed vaccines from India I went through the booking process pretending to be an NHS worker to see whether there had been an impact already. There has been. No appointments available at any vaccination centre within a 30 mile radius. Awesome. Let's hope it's a temporary issue and quickly resolved as this will delay the ending of lockdown.

Blog Entries
    Central website now inviting anyone over 50 to book.

Having mine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Having mine tomorrow.
    Have you suddenly aged? Or got lucky and been invited early? (Like me the other week!)

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Following news reports this morning about delayed vaccines from India I went through the booking process pretending to be an NHS worker to see whether there had been an impact already. There has been. No appointments available at any vaccination centre within a 30 mile radius. Awesome. Let's hope it's a temporary issue and quickly resolved as this will delay the ending of lockdown.
    Be aware that your pretence might be remembered! Did similar for Mrs K few weeks ago to see whether would make any difference then tried again few days later, no questions about that and booked her appointment. When she turned up they asked for evidence of NHS/carer status. She pleaded ignorance (as she was) and they jabbed her anyway as by then onto her age group.

I'm 54 and had a text from our surgery last Monday with a weblink to book the jab.
    It's at 3pm today and I was told at booking it will be the AZ one.
    Everyone I know who's had it have had some side effects, varying from a nasty headache to full on fever/sweats/shivers.
    Wish me luck!

Only minor fatigue and chills (so far) for me after AZ 1st dose. Had some concerns due to other meds but not bad at all.

A very slick process as well. Well done UK.

35 and work for the Ambulance Service in Yorkshire. We've all had the 1st dose of AZ (I had mine in early Feb) and have now all been invited for our second dose which should all be completed by early May. Service stocked up on AZ so Pfizer not option if you want it doing through work.

Just got called for the vaccine. 46, West Midlands.

Had my first dose of AZ today. 46 years old, N.London.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Just got called for the vaccine. 46, West Midlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Any underlying condition that might bump you up the queue? I’m 50 in 12 days time and not able to book a slot (SE London) my Mrs is younger and had hers last week.

Master
    First dose for my wife and I AZ , Im 64 and live in Wales. Whats more I had to chase the surgery for an appointment earlier this week.

You guys in England dont know how lucky you are.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Any underlying condition that might bump you up the queue? I’m 50 in 12 days time and not able to book a slot (SE London) my Mrs is younger and had hers last week.
    None. My gf is same age as me and in North London. She has no underlying health issues either. She got hers exactly a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Any underlying condition that might bump you up the queue?
    No nothing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Available slots are refreshed frequently, every couple of minutes. It's a case of keep refreshing and different vaccine centres reappear with availability.

Just got back. Super efficient service from my gp. Had the AZ. Nurse said to expect side effects tomorrow.

No side effects at all for me (AZ) or my 87 year-old Mom (Pfizer). So not everyone gets side-effects.

Had mine yesterday (AZ). Slight “fuzzy” feeling today but nothing else - apart from my arm feels like someone has repeatedly punched it!

Apparently the side effects for the AZ vaccine are worse for the first jab.

Here’s hoping.

Cheers,

MarkC

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    No side effects at all for me (AZ) or my 87 year-old Mom (Pfizer). So not everyone gets side-effects.
    Same here - Mum (85), same vaccines as you given to us both and nil side effects.

Don't seem to hear of many getting the Pfizer vaccine now.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 20th March 2021 at 19:56.

Master
    Some GP surgeries are deffo now doing those in the late 40s. I got a text last night, and was jabbed today in Birmingham with no underlying health issues or any jumping of the queue due to job status or whatever. A mate of mine from Bristol, same age also had his today. Luck of the draw if you get the text, my wife who is 11 months younger than me and in a profession that should be prioritised (but is not) has heard nothing. I got the Ox-Az supposedly clotty one which is normal for a GP surgery I believe.
    Last edited by Padders; 20th March 2021 at 19:51.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Update: My limbs felt heavy and sore over night and are still the same this morning with very little energy along with a slight headache.

Blog Entries
    I had the Oxford one 2 weeks ago. I’m 50 no effects at all. Slight tenderness in my arm but nothing to speak of.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I had mine on Thursday, no real side effects so all good.

Had mine 3pm yesterday and it was an amazingly slick operation.
    I think I was out of the car less than 2 minutes!
    No problem yesterday but have a fuzzy head and sore arm this morning, but I'll take that.

COVID Vaccine Tracking

Craftsman
    Had my AZ jab Friday and no side effects apart from a slight tenderness in the arm

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I received an NHS Scotland letter yesterday, inviting me to head out to Ingliston for my vaccine this coming Friday. I'm delighted, and the last of my family to have it. My brother has asthma and COPD, my mum is mid 80s so they've had theirs, both the Oxford. Neither had side effects.

My friends who are medical, have had both Pfizer jabs and had side effects on the second. Nothing too serious but cold like symptoms. I asked him why and in simple terms he said the body knew what the virus was now, and so attacked it more efficiently.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I had the first dose of the AZ vaccine last week and had mild flu like symptoms for 2 or 3 nights but it wasn't too bad at all.

First dose of AZ on Friday. Slight persistent headache on Saturday morning which the wife tells me is a potential after-effect, although it's far more likely to have been the six glasses of Daftmill 2009 I had on Friday night. Otherwise all good.

Master
    Had my first jab yesterday (55), not feeling too well at the moment basically lots of aches and pains.
    Colin.

Me (50) and the missus (51) had the AZ jab on Thursday lunchtime and apart a from a slight soreness around the injection area we've luckily felt fine.

Master
    I had the AZ just over a week ago. I’m 46 but classed as vulnerable. I had a rough night ater having the jab in the morning. Shivering, headache and felt generally rough but it all passed within 24 hours.

As others have said the setup was very efficient. I went to the dedicated centre at Elland Rd.

Like a lot of people it would seem, I had mine yesterday (AZ) and knocked me sideways from midnight , shivering cold sweats, aching joints headaches etc. Feel ok now, 24hrs later but bloody tired. The wife was worse than me, apparently.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I had the AZ vaccine last Thursday. Minor headache on Friday, a fuzziness and a little fatigue resulting in taking a pensioner's (afternoon nap) on both Friday and Saturday afternoons. Absolutely fine today and spent all day in the garden, washing that car and other outdoor tasks in glorious Spring sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I had the AZ vaccine last Thursday. Minor headache on Friday, a fuzziness and a little fatigue resulting in taking a pensioner's (afternoon nap) on both Friday and Saturday afternoons. Absolutely fine today and spent all day in the garden, washing that car and other outdoor tasks in glorious Spring sunshine.
    That’s the worst part, I had today earmarked for loads of garden jobs, I could barely get out of bed let alone wrestle with the first start of the mower of the year.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Managed to get out with the dog this morning so think it's safe to say I'm through the worst of it. I had the vaccine at 5pm on Saturday. Headaches, severe dizziness and a general feeling of not being well kept me in bed all day on Sunday. I had chills and flu like symptoms on Sunday evening too. Feeling OK now though.

Had my first jab on Saturday. I'm 47 with Asthma and live in Lancashire, was still surprised to get the invite given that my asthma is not listed as severe and they are (according to the news) just tackling the 50+ bracket right now. Sore arm and random side effects but nothing severe so far.

Master
    AZ for my self and the wife on Saturday. Slight headache and dull throb in my arm other than that no side effects apart from the irresistible urge to order six copies of Bill Gates autobiography, and two X boxes :)

Steve
    Last edited by higham5; 22nd March 2021 at 14:02.

Me and the wife both had the Astra Zeneca jab on Saturday. No side effects at all, not even a sore arm for me. So all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine a week ago, no issues for 24hrs then started to feel tired and cold like symptoms. Popped a couple of paracetamol and no issues since.

Wife and I had ours (AZ) about six weeks ago.

No side effects at all apart from a bit of arm ache.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Had AZ about 5 weeks ago, no ill effects at all

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Had the 1st Pfizer jab mid feb, and the 2nd one last week - all was fine.........but that may be due to my screwed up immune system.

Suffering from side effects from vaccines is apparently a very good sign that the vaccine is working, but the lack of side effects also shouldn't be misconstrued as a bad thing - we all react differently
    Last edited by catflem; 22nd March 2021 at 17:57.

Had my AZ vax on Sunday, and a NHS letter inviting me for a vax arrived this morning!