closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COVID Vaccine Tracking

COVID Vaccine Tracking

I was surprised to get a text message today inviting me to book my COVID jab, which I did for next weekend. This is for NE Surrey location.

Surprised, because I am only 52 and expected my jab was at least a couple of months off.

Presumably they have now completed all people aged 55+.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you are over 45, your jab is not too far away.

Anyone else in their early 50s being lined up for the jab?
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 12th March 2021 at 19:30. Reason: Bad grammar.

I got an invite last night, then a cancellation. NHS have had a problem with the data

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    54 and no sign yet, wife is 57 and has hers booked Monday, oh in Middlesex

49 and mine is booked for the 20th. Just depends how your local authority has cracked on with it.

Master
    47 and had mine on Weds. I'm not one for moaning about health matters but I reckon I ticked nigh-on every side effect. Knocked me flat for 2 days. Looking forward to the 2nd jab in June!
    I've got a good tolerance of pain and am hardly ever ill even considering my Type 1 Diabetes but this was challenging.

55 and mine is next Friday (19th) - I’m in West Lothian.

MarkC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I was surprised to get a text message today inviting me to book my COVID jab, which I did for next weekend.
    I had a text today as well, inviting me to attend a vaccination tomorrow. Which surprised me because I'd already booked one somewhere else. Had it four hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    47 and had mine on Weds. I'm not one for moaning about health matters but I reckon I ticked nigh-on every side effect. Knocked me flat for 2 days. Looking forward to the 2nd jab in June!
    I've got a good tolerance of pain and am hardly ever ill even considering my Type 1 Diabetes but this was challenging.
    On the flip side such a reaction is a good sign your immune response is highly effective so every cloud and all that :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Had my jab last Sunday. Got a text today inviting me for another

Wife got her appointment via a text message and had it last week at our local GP surgery, I asked if I could attend at the same time....NO!

Instead, I received a letter on Monday to book mine online, which is this Sunday at a vaccination centre, 15 miles away.

We are the same age (56)

Can't wait...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    On the flip side such a reaction is a good sign your immune response is highly effective so every cloud and all that :)

That was the comforting news offered by my wife too.
    I'm not complaining, usually I'm quite brash about things like this so expect I'm suffering from bruised pride as well :)

Master
    56, jabbed on Monday this week, no side effects, live in Shropshire.
    2nd jab booked for May.

Pete

Booked mine online last Friday. I’m 57

Had the jab yesterday. Been very tired today but am now starting to recover.

Master
    I think it’s just that they are making massive inroads into it. I take my hat off to all involved, they seem to be moving really big numbers through the doors

Master
    Agreed, they really have made a great effort in this. The local health centres are working relentlessly.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I had a message on my answer phone today inviting me in for the jab, will be booking myself in next week.

Earlier than I expected too as I’m 51.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

I'm 49 and have an appointment for next Friday to get mine.

Cheers,

Adam.

I turned 50 in November and was contacted yesterday, I’m booked in for Sunday.

Master
    64 still no jab.................that will teach me to move to Wales

Steve

I'm 73 and in San Diego...received my second Pfizer two weeks ago. Mr. Indestructible!

Craftsman
    Got a notification this afternoon, booked for next Friday. I am 51 and in Norfolk. They do seem to have this working pretty well.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

My dad is 90 and got his this week. He lives in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    My dad is 90 and got his this week. He lives in Spain.
    Glad to hear it.

Clearly not going so well on the continent. Yikes.

Blog Entries
    55 and received NHS text Wednesday and one from my doctors yesterday so they are clearly making sure they are gathering everyone up in East Suffolk.

Pitch

Craftsman
    I’m 52 and got my notification via phone Thursday and booked in Tuesday coming week.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I’m 49 and had my first jab a week ago.

Master
    Im 49 and had mine just over a week ago. Knocked me sideways aswell. Stayed in bed the following day, muscular aches and pains like never before and don’t even talk about the headache. Nothing would take the edge off it.

Just over a week on and I’m pretty much back to normal though. I just hope the body is a bit more prepared for the second one.

56 years old, in Gloucestershire and having the first vaccination on 18th March.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    56 years old, in Gloucestershire and having the first vaccination on 18th March.
    Good old Gloucestershire

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Same as OP, 52 and got the message yesterday to book. My wife 56 is still waiting to hear but we are at different surgery’s. However you can guess how well that’s gone down!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Im 49 and had mine just over a week ago. Knocked me sideways aswell. Stayed in bed the following day, muscular aches and pains like never before and don’t even talk about the headache. Nothing would take the edge off it.

Just over a week on and I’m pretty much back to normal though. I just hope the body is a bit more prepared for the second one.
    I'm working on the assumption that the hard part is done. If your body fights the second jab harder than the first what does it say about the immune system?
    It will be what it will be but I'm intrigued to hear how your second jab goes.

I’ve heard of reactions from “nothing, zero” (early 70s female friend of ours) to being floored for days but I’ve still not seen an explanation for the discrepancy. Evidently some people have COVID and don’t even notice, so what does a strong vaccine response really mean?

I'm working on the assumption that the hard part is done. If your body fights the second jab harder than the first what does it say about the immune system?
    It will be what it will be but I'm intrigued to hear how your second jab goes.
    2nd one is supposed to be worse apparently

Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    Same as OP, 52 and got the message yesterday to book. My wife 56 is still waiting to hear but we are at different surgery’s. However you can guess how well that’s gone down!
    Can’t your wife book online at nhs.uk?

Master
    A good question. Based purely on non professional thoughts they mention the weaker immune system of more elderly folk means they do not suffer huge side effects. I'm no expert at all. I can see the logic in this train of thought but I wouldn't bank on it being certain. I'd be more inclined to believe that everybody is individual and will react to a greater or lesser degree. I'm still interested to hear how others react though

I'm 55 and in for my first shot on 16th March in Glossop.

My 87 year old mum had her second Pfizer jab recently, she had a bit of soreness at the injection site but otherwise no side effects.

My partner is having hers on Tuesday(15th), she’s 47. got a text about an hour ago,
    I’m 50 at Easter and not had any notification yet but we live in different parts of London, hopefully I don’t have to wait long.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 13th March 2021 at 20:34.

A good question. Based purely on non professional thoughts they mention the weaker immune system of more elderly folk means they do not suffer huge side effects.
    Not that simple. First the weakening of the immune system is not a given. If you have elderly folks around, they are usually not as sensitive to current bugs. But because their general health means they are weaker even if their immune system respond well. Of course some will also have a weakened immune system but I am not sure it is the rule.

Secondly the vaccine is meant to stimulate our B cells and Tk cells.
    The reaction you get from the vaccine is generally due to M1 macrophages (innate immunity) as opposed to adaptive immunity given by B and Tk.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

From what I’ve read, you can experience a stronger reaction to the virus once your immune system knows how to recognise it and fight it. Which is why the second jab can often trigger more severe side effects.

This could also be the case with your first jab, if your body has already been exposed to the virus (I know this is certainly the case with a relative of mine who has recovered from COVID fairly recently and was knocked sideways by his first jab not long after)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I can see sense in this and all arguments. I'm no expert in any case however.

Had my 2nd one last week, no ill effects and I can now pick up a 5G signal.

Everyone I know that had quite a bad reaction to the first shot had less reaction to the 2nd, and generally vice versa, with the exception of a few that said they didn’t notice anything.

I’ll see how mine goes, just waiting for the date to be confirmed now - not looking forward to it after seeing both my mother and Ms O’s reactions.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Im 50 in Preston, got notified yesterday having the jab in a few hours - Oxford type apparently as my wife has just had hers at the same place. My son (20) lives in Cornwall and is having his tomorrow due to being on an underlying health issue list - he doesn't have any issues but I advised him to have the jab as it was just too hard to try and get on the right list and the risk would be he would go down as a no show and not be invited again......

A professor of immunology speaking on BBC 'Inside Science' (available on BBC Sounds) disagrees. She said that all the trials indicate that the side effects after the second jab occur in fewer people and are less severe. This applies to AZ and Pfizer.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    A professor of immunology speaking on BBC 'Inside Science' (available on BBC Sounds) disagrees. She said that all the trials indicate that the side effects after the second jab occur in fewer people and are less severe. This applies to AZ and Pfizer.
    Not so sure about that. As I know a few people who had the Pfizer jab, who were worse affected but the 2nd jab.

I think most of our hospital staff had the Pfizer jab initially, as it had to be kept in strict conditions, and was therefore easier to administer from the main hospital - so I’ve spoken to a few of them this week about their reactions. Since then we have a number of vaccination hubs set up, and they appear to all be AstraZeneca - maybe there are more AZ vaccinations available to Great Britain, as other countries have suspended use .., ???

In any case I’ll be having my 1st AZ jab later this week.

I was surprised the vaccinations team were testing to call me on a No Caller ID number since Monday; I usually ignore any such calls. I specifically requested any contract to be by email. Anyway, I took the call today and I’m booked in. We’ve moved to a 10 week period between the two jabs here, in order to speed up overall vaccinations.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee A Kada View Post
    Can’t your wife book online at nhs.uk?
    Thats what Mrs W did, She’s 61 and managed to get in 3 weeks ago at the local hub. She has the AZ one and had mild flu-like symptoms next day plus a sore arm.

From the anecdotal evidence it seems that side- effects are more prevalent with the AZ, but more people are having it than the Pfizer. I wouldn’t read too much into it and I certainly wouldn’t let the prospects of feeling under the weather put me off.

Sooner we all get jabbed the better, keep ‘em coming.

Master
    Surprised to get my invite today and booked in for Friday. Aged 45 with no underlying health conditions.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    43 and had first AZ Monday
    no side effects apart from feeling like someones punched where the injection was and given me a dead arm.

Its a postcode lottery, my 64 year old farther only just had his first jab on Friday so i would have thought we are WAY off doing 52 year olds

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Everyone I know that had quite a bad reaction to the first shot had less reaction to the 2nd, and generally vice versa, with the exception of a few that said they didn’t notice anything.

I’ll see how mine goes, just waiting for the date to be confirmed now - not looking forward to it after seeing both my mother and Ms O’s reactions.

Just read this on the BBC site:

A natural worry after one bout of side effects is there could be another one on the horizon. However, I have assurances.

"Your second dose will be innocuous, the second dose is very mild in comparison to the first," said Prof Pollard, who ran the Oxford vaccines trials.

However, he did warn that some data suggested the second Pfizer dose might lead to slightly more side effects than the first.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307

Quite reassuring because I was wiped out for a day after the first AZ dose on Friday.