closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: advice on Submariner 14060M

Hybrid View

Journeyman

advice on Submariner 14060M

I'm currently local to this watch in Tbilisi and might be able to wangle a deal on it face-to-face.

The pearl is cracked, there are some scratches, it comes without box or papers, and has probably never been serviced, but I could inspect it in person. The seller seems to have a decent history. However I'm not 100% convinced I would take to wearing it long term. I'm hoping those more knowledgeable of Rolex than I could advise on whether there are any obvious red flags given the photos and, given the model/condition and a negotiated price of something close to £5500, I am likely to take a bath on it if I end up selling it in a year or two.

If genuine (I know nothing about them but eBay is a den of thieves) if you were to get it for £5500 get serviced by Rolex it would till be cheap.
    Is it too cheap? As I say I know nothing about them.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 12th March 2021 at 10:13.

If it’s genuine (and at that price I’d be dubious), you’d be looking at a little over £6k for a newly serviced 14060 which is a bargain.

You’d certainly not be taking a bath on it if you decided to sell it on later.

At £5.5k though, I’d get an expert to make absolutely sure it’s genuine.

Blog Entries
    Just based on low price - I’d walk.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 12th March 2021 at 09:40.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    If it’s genuine (and at that price I’d be dubious), you’d be looking at a little over £6k for a newly serviced 14060 which is a bargain.

You’d certainly not be taking a bath on it if you decided to sell it on later.

At £5.5k though, I’d get an expert to make absolutely sure it’s genuine.
    The eBay price is in line with similar listings, but a local sale would eliminate the eBay/Paypal transaction costs (and the risk of buyer fraud), so given that they're open to offers I think it's not unlikely I could get close to that price. However I would not consider myself capable of recognizing a high-quality fake, or non-obvious mechanical/cosmetic problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bitt3n View Post
    The eBay price is in line with similar listings, but a local sale would eliminate the eBay/Paypal transaction costs (and the risk of buyer fraud), so given that they're open to offers I think it's not unlikely I could get close to that price. However I would not consider myself capable of recognizing a high-quality fake, or non-obvious mechanical/cosmetic problems.
    If you’re happy handing over something like $5k in cash outside of the eBay/PayPal protection scheme - for an item you are not sure about...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If you’re happy handing over something like $5k in cash outside of the eBay/PayPal protection scheme - for an item you are not sure about...
    The only reason I'd consider it is the fact that I'd be able to examine it in person prior to purchase. I suppose one thing I could do is make the deal contingent upon having the watch authenticated by an authorized dealer prior to the transaction, assuming it's possible to find one willing to cooperate.

I sympathize with the general inclination toward wariness.

Below is something I got from a quick search

REHAUT RRR

2008 – 2010
    Serial Z, M,V,G, random
    14060M
    Calibre 3130
    Lug Holes
    Superluminova Dial
    Introduced: Four Line "Chronometer Certified" Dial (shipped primarily to US market)
    SWISS MADE
    Slim Four Bezel
    93150 Bracelet
    Introduced: Personalised Rehaut RRR