closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swiss Watch Market Share

Master

Swiss Watch Market Share

Just seen this thread over on another site which I thought quite interesting . No idea how accurate. My IT skills are zero so if anyone can post the chart here I’ll remove the link.
    Last edited by Devonian; 11th March 2021 at 09:42.

Very interesting, I thought both TAG Heuer and Breitling would have a higher market share than shown!

Very surprised by Cartier and Longines, I thought they were dying brands.

Master
    Hmmm...can't see Doxa on there - surely they must sell more than FP Journe or Maurice Lacroix!?

A bit more detail here from an article by SJX.
    https://watchesbysjx.com/2021/03/mor...port-2021.html

Master
    Amazed to see Cartier that high up.
    Also surprised at Rolex seeing none of them are ever in stock

Journeyman
    Surprised at position of Zenith? Is it their rate of depreciation and loss on resale that is reducing sales? I would have thought they would have been higher up the list as it is widely accepted that they make quality watches.

Quote Originally Posted by kostal2093 View Post
    Surprised at position of Zenith? Is it their rate of depreciation and loss on resale that is reducing sales? I would have thought they would have been higher up the list as it is widely accepted that they make quality watches.
    I'm not totally sure I believe those Zenith numbers. Other sources (OK google...) seem to suggest they sell double the units mentioned on this list. Perhaps an error.

Also wasn't this same thing already posted a few days previously? Having major deja-vu on this whole thread!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I'm not totally sure I believe those Zenith numbers. Other sources (OK google...) seem to suggest they sell double the units mentioned on this list. Perhaps an error.
    Probably due to Covid factory closures. Omega are also a couple of hundred thousand down and, even though many won’t accept it, Rolex have been making well over a million per year for the last few years pre-covid.