closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 118 of 118

Thread: Musings: SMITHS EVEREST PRS-25 - 36MM

  1. #101
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    The new jubilee bracelet arrived to finish of my quite unique version of the PRS-25. Acrylic commando case with everest dial and hands, swapped by TheGent. Perfect!

    Taking it to the next level - I like it!

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    That's the way I would prefer it. But in the long run... it's boring.
    Agreed. However, boring sometimes is the chef's kiss.

  3. #103
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    65
    When sunlight hits the dial, I remember why I like this one so much!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #104
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,648


    Smiths Everest PRS-25 Thoughts and Timegrapher test
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV5O2AFeB0E
    Difference between a snake and a lawyer?
    Snakes don't wear watches.

  5. #105
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    33,648


    I reckon that Eddie has single-handedly put Smiths back on the map. How much do you reckon this would be worth before the PRS-25? I am not complaining. I like seeing the watches being appreciated for what they are. And by Jove they are pretty.

    https://www.smithswatches.com/produc...ning-condition
    Difference between a snake and a lawyer?
    Snakes don't wear watches.

  6. #106
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    65
    Been enjoying lately on silicone band. Iíve thought about selling and getting new Explorer but I donít think it would fill the want of having something close to a 1016. The new Explorer is just too blingy for my taste. I think Iíll regret selling this one.



  7. #107
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    62
    I wonder if there's any chance of the 40mm making a return?

  8. #108
    Craftsman williemays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Dubuque
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
    Been enjoying lately on silicone band. Iíve thought about selling and getting new Explorer but I donít think it would fill the want of having something close to a 1016. The new Explorer is just too blingy for my taste. I think Iíll regret selling this one.


    I have had the same thought after enjoying my Everest so much, to try a Rolex, but to make this happen I would have to go through the laborious and painstaking process of selling all of my affordable watches, and then still face a difficult financial commitment if I could even find a new Explorer to buy.

    Oh well, maybe I will try this route if I receive a windfall, or if I reach the point where I am convinced that I could be happy with just one watch. I have not worn my Newmark 6BB reissue for ages, but on a whim I pulled it out a few days ago and am thrilled with it again, so at least for now I would rather keep my Everest and my others than trade them all for one Rolex.

  9. #109
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    65
    Iíve debated for years but at the end of the day if Rolex offered modern painted number explorer then I would go for it.

  10. #110
    Craftsman TF23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
    Iíve debated for years but at the end of the day if Rolex offered modern painted number explorer then I would go for it.
    Don't worry, your money's safe!

  11. #111
    Enjoying mine on a Hamilton nato!


  12. #112
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Devils Den, CA
    Posts
    65

    Musings: SMITHS EVEREST PRS-25 - 36MM

    Still enjoying mine. Here it is with some of itís family members. I seem to have a type :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #113
    I recently purchased this beauty at a decent price on ebay.


    She has a nice ding on the edge of the bezel that hides itself well unless you look for it.



    It looks lovely. The aventurine dial has really fine shards, which yields a more concentrated, shimmering effect. I have another aventurine dial watch that has slightly bigger shards that, while still visually impressive, doesn't shimmer the same way.



    7.5 inch, flat wrist

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiken View Post
    I recently purchased this beauty at a decent price on ebay.


    She has a nice ding on the edge of the bezel that hides itself well unless you look for it.



    It looks lovely. The aventurine dial has really fine shards, which yields a more concentrated, shimmering effect. I have another aventurine dial watch that has slightly bigger shards that, while still visually impressive, doesn't shimmer the same way.



    7.5 inch, flat wrist
    That ding's not that bad. You could polish the bezel and that would disguise it a bit if it came to that, but it's hard to get it completely off without some serious polishing. Watch looks great btw!

    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

  15. #115
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    240
    A quick question for Eddie.

    Are you planning a pure white dial Everest? I know you have the cream/white dial.

    Cheers


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  16. #116
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    47,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    A quick question for Eddie.

    Are you planning a pure white dial Everest? I know you have the cream/white dial.

    Cheers


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  17. #117
    Master Ruggertech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Deepest darkest South Wales.
    Posts
    5,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    That ding's not that bad. You could polish the bezel and that would disguise it a bit if it came to that, but it's hard to get it completely off without some serious polishing. Watch looks great btw!

    Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I would polish the adjacent scratches out and just take the 'lip' off the ding but leave the ding there. Would hardly notice it then.

  18. #118
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    A quick question for Eddie.

    Are you planning a pure white dial Everest? I know you have the cream/white dial.

    Cheers


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's the one I'd like as well. A proper polar white dial. I've tried both the cream dials (PRS-25W and the Expedition variant) and decided they are not for me.

    Suspect hell will freeze over first sadly ... :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information