closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Timetofind.com

Timetofind.com

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. Just seen a tv ad for the above. It seems to be like carwow for watches, you choose your watch and wait for AD’s to get in touch with best offers. Had a quick look at the site and it seems to have been set up by a lot of former Rotary/Dreyfuss Group people. No idea how good the deals will be but it seems like a very good idea, particularly for those who struggle with haggling in store.

Sounds like a good idea but I couldn’t even get half the pages of their website to load on my iPhone so I gave up!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wasn't aware of them before seeing this post. I've signed up and put in a request for offers on a watch. Let's see what happens.

Asked them to quote me on a Nomos Metro yesterday. Not heard anything yet....

I received an email from them telling me that the watch is not currently available in their member's inventory and that they can offer me the services of their Concierge team to locate the watch for me by reaching out to AD's.

Bearing in mind that the watch in question is an Omega Seamaster, I have no real use for the Concierge service so I will pass on it.

Interesting first experiences, they seem to have raised and spent the best part of a million to get things up and running so they must think it’s got legs but two things strike me. Firstly, most dealers of luxury watches in the UK are part of one of three chains, it’s not like the franchise system for car dealerships where the dealer in one town has nothing to do with the dealer in the next town over and will happily compete with them on price. Independents are few and far between, especially for some makes. Secondly, Rolex can’t be the only brand that frown on discounting. We all know it happens and it even did with most Rolex up until a couple of years ago, but we are only a small portion of the market. Surely brands won’t be so happy with this being more out in the open and the dealers may be more reluctant to offer the best deals through this platform rather than face to face as the brands could well be posing as buyers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Asked them to quote me on a watch 2 days ago. Heard nothing back. Better name would be Wasteoftime.com.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Hmmm I will have to have a look into this sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Just got this email from them.

Thank you for your inquiry to TIME-TO-FIND dated 10/03/21.
    Regrettably, this watch is not available within our retailer network.
    If you would like for our Concierge team to extend our search and try to source the watch for you, please do let us know.

Have asked them to quote on a Nomos Orion 309.

Craftsman
    I enquired about an IWC DaVinci last Sunday and got the below reply yesterday. Don’t think I’ll bother again!

Thank you for your inquiry to TIME-TO-FIND dated 07/03/21.

Regrettably, this watch is not available within our retailer network.

If you would like for our Concierge team to extend our search and try to source the watch for you, please do let us know.

Thank you once again for visiting us at TIME-TO-FIND.

James.

Blog Entries
    Well I never did hear back from them. Perhaps they only bother with Rolex or something?

I enquired about a Tag and never heard a thing. Can't see them lasting long tbh.

Craftsman
    Well that's not a good start. Has anyone got a positive response from them yet?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Seems to be a lot of this sort of thing popping up lately for watches.
    chronohunter, chasingchrono, timetofind etc. All variations on the same theme.

Master
    I haven't bothered with their site, but from the TV advert, their website looked very familiar somehow. Anyone recognise it? Are they themselves part of some bigger company who's webstyle they are using?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Seems to be a lot of this sort of thing popping up lately for watches.
    chronohunter, chasingchrono, timetofind etc. All variations on the same theme.
    Perhaps people with time on their hands (!) trying their luck at starting online businesses?

Sounds as though the Concierge team is actually the default service, unless one of them has the requested item strapped on their wrist.

I can't see any details of the
    Concierge team service, but I assume it attracts a cost?

I tried to search for a Universal Geneve Mondatic, preferably double-signed by a colonial retailer. They seemed to think that I was looking for a Chopard .
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Blog Entries
    Just an update. Had a nice e-mail from Tony Quinn Co-Founder & CEO today asking me if I'd like to contribute to his crowdfunding attempt to raise £275k.

Well, since you never got back to me Tony, when I asked you to get quotes for a Tag I was interested in I'd say the chances are pretty slim.