closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Synchron and Doxa 70s Military Divers

I've discovered something....I really like a non-counter balanced seconds hand!

Oh and a Borealis iso is just as good as a proper Iso (imho) but a third of the cost

Anyone else have a really strong vanilla smell coming their Tropic strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised that the isofrane didn’t stink of vanilla, the other version I have does
    I am glad mine does not.

My Isofrane has a mild scent. Not too overpowering but find it’s not the easiest of straps to fasten in place. As an aside, there was mention of Synchron discounting Isofranes by 25% to owners of the Military over on the WUS thread. Fancied trying an orange one but not too sure I’d bother now after my experience with the supplied strap. Borealis was suggested as an alternative but appears they are out of stock and have been for some time.

I hate rubber straps with a passion but really like the tropic. Wears more like a leather strap in my opinion.

Craftsman
    I love the dial & bezel on these. Can't get on with the case but some great pictures here.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    My Isofrane has a mild scent. Not too overpowering but find it’s not the easiest of straps to fasten in place. As an aside, there was mention of Synchron discounting Isofranes by 25% to owners of the Military over on the WUS thread. Fancied trying an orange one but not too sure I’d bother now after my experience with the supplied strap. Borealis was suggested as an alternative but appears they are out of stock and have been for some time.
    I did not realise that, I might look in to an orange and green.
    I have a 24mm blue on my Sharkmaster and I hate it, although the 20mm on this is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I did not realise that, I might look in to an orange and green.
    I have a 24mm blue on my Sharkmaster and I hate it, although the 20mm on this is great.
    Still waiting for the code to be issued but it is post 1399 on the thread below:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/n...288331/page-70

Has anyone managed to fit the Maranez BOR? I have got smaller 1.3mm spring bars but can’t get it to fit at all.

A few have pics posted on the WUS thread Euan if you’ve not seen it? Some discussion on the correct spring bars to use too......

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    A few have pics posted on the WUS thread Euan if you’ve not seen it? Some discussion on the correct spring bars to use too......

I have managed to get it :)

Unfortunately I don’t like the look as much as I thought I might.
    I have fallen in love with the Tropic! I hated rubber straps before this one.

Orange mania :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pepere13 View Post
    Orange mania :)

That looks great - well done 👍👍👍

Maranez have released an 'homage' range.

https://www.maranez.com/samui-army

Apparently, the bracelets on these fit the Synchron (but they don't list them as separates).

I've messaged them to see if the DLC bracelet can be purchased; fingers crossed.

They are a fair bit cheaper than the Synchron version I bought.
    That said I prefer my version, the dial colours and tweaks to the dial layout do not look as good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    They are a fair bit cheaper than the Synchron version I bought.
    That said I prefer my version, the dial colours and tweaks to the dial layout do not look as good to me.
    Completely agree! The purpose of the post was more about the potential availability of a DLC BoR that will fit.

I've struggled with finding a strap I'm happy with and have settled on a Vintage tropic sport. I can't help but feel that a 22mm lug width would have suited the case better, but a bracelet with fitted and-links would solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Completely agree! The purpose of the post was more about the potential availability of a DLC BoR that will fit.

I've struggled with finding a strap I'm happy with and have settled on a Vintage tropic sport. I can't help but feel that a 22mm lug width would have suited the case better, but a bracelet with fitted and-links would solve this.
    I have tried a few but returned to the ISO it came with. 2nd best was an EO style strap by LUFT.
    Bracelets are not really my preferred option for watches, but I will keep an eye on the thread for any update. A cheap option might be worth acquiring.