closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Grand Seiko quartz 34mm 'Night Sky' and 'Moonlight' models

New Grand Seiko quartz 34mm 'Night Sky' and 'Moonlight' models

New Grand Seiko quartz 34mm 'Night Sky' and 'Moonlight' models have been announced, they will be part of the Elegance Collection (a new departure for the 9F I think).

I love the look of these but not the cost! GS really seem to be reaching for the stars with their pricing...

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/prod...-sky-sbgx349/#

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/prod...light-sbgx347/

They look great but the size might be pushing it for most male wrists. I'm no 'big watch facist' but my 37mm SBGX061 is just about ok on my 7 inch wrists so 34mm is likely to be too small in practical terms. I get that dress watches should be smaller but I consider my 061 to be 'dress' for smart everyday duties.

Two great looking watches but at 34mm too small for me personally .

Way over of my budget too .

Nice. Bit small for me personally. And I also don’t see why these are priced above 9f quartz watches like sbgx and sbgp from the heritage line, also considering there is no bracelet.

Master
    Nice looking, as others have said a bit too small for me and I like a smaller watch.

These look fantastic and I have no issues with 34mm, have 3 or 4 that size already. I don't have that kind of budget any more though.

Amount the nicest Grand Seiko I've seen, perfect to my eyes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    These look fantastic and I have no issues with 34mm, have 3 or 4 that size already. I don't have that kind of budget any more though.

Amount the nicest Grand Seiko I've seen, perfect to my eyes.
    All of the above.

Craftsman
    I have a 34mm and judging from how they wear from the pictures (pictures on a large wrist) I’ll be adding another soon.
    Home run for Grand Seiko!

Feel like I'm going to look back and regret not buying into one of the sexy 9F GMT's now, while prices are still reasonable... If these are anything to go by, prices are getting out-of-hand.

Apprentice
    They look fantastic, but at 34mm i imagine it’ll be a tad small for me. I’m still dreaming of a 36-38mm snowflake, so it’s good to see GS going for more comfortable case sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    They look great but the size might be pushing it for most male wrists. I'm no 'big watch facist' but my 37mm SBGX061 is just about ok on my 7 inch wrists so 34mm is likely to be too small in practical terms. I get that dress watches should be smaller but I consider my 061 to be 'dress' for smart everyday duties.
    My feelings, exactly. These watches will look great on 15-16cm wrists.

That said, I've always been surprised by how relatively, and seemingly unnecessarily, bulky most of the non-quartz GS models are, given that, until very recently, their market has been primarily one where wrist sizes are significantly smaller than in the west. It'll be a little ironic if, now that they've started to push their international presence, they start to produce watches that, all along, would have been better suited to their domestic market.

How can the case be 10.7mm thick, incredible that GS can’t build thin watches. This should have been 5-7mm.

Looks great but isn’t sbgw231 a better buy and fits more wrists at 37mm?

Easy to see why it might sell. It looks stunning in the photos. But I suspect that many buyers will not be regular 34mm wearers, and these GS might either be consigned to the watch box, or flipped. Regular wearers are probably in a very small minority.

Maybe it's the sign of things to come in a slightly larger size.

Master
    My SBGX343 had a RRP of around £3160 or so on the Seiko UK website when I was looking for one a few months ago. I loved the watch but wasn’t willing to pay that much. I ended up buying direct from a Japanese dealer via Chrono 24 and ended up paying £2527. Very happy with the watch and no complaints about the buying process.

Many gents in the East are not large. These are for them. And of course for ladies. Many watches now are being advertised as gender-less.

These are not small, they are tiny.
    The blue one does look good though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    These are not small, they are tiny.
    The blue one does look good though.
    34mm is small. Even smaller than my vintage airking at 35mm and that feels just a bit small for me
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG