closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Citizen Promaster releases

Master

New Citizen Promaster releases

Here is a proper little throwback to Citizens diver back catalogue...the BN0220.

https://www.citizenwatch-global.com/...4-2/index.html

This looks very much the tool watch it harks back to with new materials. Its slightly thinner as well which makes the otherwise wide watch perhaps a bit more wearable.
    Excited to see this in the steel when they become available.

I imagine the 16E variant will sell extremely well compared to the other 2.

(Cant host photos just yet so apologies for the link)

I think they look quite cool, there is not much out there like it.
    I don’t like the camo pattern dials but the colours chosen are cool.

They look the part although the WR rating has dropped by 1100m.

Incredible spec'n for the price, but could be an early contender for "Ugliest watch of the year 2021" IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    They look the part although the WR rating has dropped by 1100m.
    I have just noticed that
    What’s the point? The original was similar to the Ploprof in the fact that form followed function, now its style over substance
    I was considering taking a look at finding one but won’t bother now. - if I can’t dive to 1300m I don’t want it

Master
    I wish they had included the screws on the front- for me it part of the look of the original

Craftsman
    Looks like a cross between Citizen's own "Ecozilla" and the Casio AMW3 "Arnie"-models. Not bad, but I think I prefer Seiko's "Tuna" line in the ridiculously large tool diver segment.

I like it. If you think of it as a newly released 200m eco drive diver that looks different to almost everything else out there and doesn't cost the earth then it's quite attractive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I like it. If you think of it as a newly released 200m eco drive diver that looks different to almost everything else out there and doesn't cost the earth then it's quite attractive.
    You have summed up my thoughts quite well with that post. :)

I tried finding an original 1300m years ago, soon gave up as they rarely appear. This new one is a definite buy for me, 200m is quite enough for me and probably helps keep the price reasonable. Citizen's other 1000m ish diver is closer to £1k. Style wise it's marmite but I love these Citizen tool watches, distinctive and no nonsense. Citizen have a great back catalogue of dive watches, great to see they are following Seikos lead and updating some classic dive watches.
    I have a Citizen aqualand jp2000 and a Seiko Tuna, this will be a perfect addition to my classic tool watch collection.
    Does anyone know if this will be a UK release or will I have to budget for customs fees.
    Either way, great watch that I'm looking forward to getting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM35F View Post
    I tried finding an original 1300m years ago, soon gave up as they rarely appear. This new one is a definite buy for me, 200m is quite enough for me and probably helps keep the price reasonable. Citizen's other 1000m ish diver is closer to £1k. Style wise it's marmite but I love these Citizen tool watches, distinctive and no nonsense. Citizen have a great back catalogue of dive watches, great to see they are following Seikos lead and updating some classic dive watches.
    I have a Citizen aqualand jp2000 and a Seiko Tuna, this will be a perfect addition to my classic tool watch collection.
    Does anyone know if this will be a UK release or will I have to budget for customs fees.
    Either way, great watch that I'm looking forward to getting.
    Since they are on the Citizen global website I assume they are for Europe as well.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Craftsman
    BTW, the Marianas trench is the deepest point on Earth and "only" goes to 11 km, so there's literally no place on the planet where a 1.300 m depth rating would be fully useful! :)

Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    BTW, the Marianas trench is the deepest point on Earth and "only" goes to 11 km, so there's literally no place on the planet where a 1.300 m depth rating would be fully useful! :)
    What if its starts to rain when you are at the bottom of the Marianas Trench?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    PMSL! Superb.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    Incredible spec'n for the price, but could be an early contender for "Ugliest watch of the year 2021" IMHO.
    Have to agree, not that looks are what should drive the aesthetics of a tool watch particularly, but if it's only 200m WR then why not make it a bit easier on the eye whilst at it!

Has the price been announced?

Blog Entries
    Has the price been announced?

It says 525,- USD on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    It says 550,- USD on the website.
    Cheers obvioulsy missed that! Price is not bad, had it been a 1300m rated watch i would imagine the price would be north of $1000

Blog Entries
    Cheers obvioulsy missed that! Price is not bad, had it been a 1300m rated watch i would imagine the price would be north of $1000
    It should be a nice beater for someone who can live with the shape and size. Duratect really does work is my experience.

Journeyman
    it looks like a literal turtle where the crown is the head. tell me I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bitt3n View Post
    Dunno mate, I see a more metaphorical turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    How many metres are in 11km?

Not sure if serious. My 9yr old tells me its 11,000m... Am sure some of the comments above about depth rating are tongue in cheek but just in case, a 200m watch can survive that depth pressure if held still, as soon as you or the water moves there is more pressure. Personally I wouldn't even swim in a pool unless watch was 200m rated. Just diving in or doing a stroke exerts more pressure than the depth of the water itself implies. Probably explained slightly wrong but that's why depth ratings can seem crazy, it's pressure, not static depth.
    Anyway, keeping this watch to 200m keeps price affordable, Citizens 1000m divers are £1k ish. I think this is a great looking utilitarian watch, the finish will age really well.

The dynamic pressure caused by the movement of the watch through water is minuscule compared to the actual water pressure. You can’t move your arm quick enough for it to make a meaningful difference.
    Watch makers make a watch waterproof to greater depths than a diver will attain for one reason, insurance factor, making a super water proof watch helps guarantee the watch will remain dry inside regardless of how it’s used. That said a 200m rated watch will still leak if the seals are not looked after and in good condition.

Craftsman
    There are actually tall tales about seamen going insane when sailing over the trench and throwing themselves overboard, desperately swimming towards the bottom until they drown as the realization that they're standing on so much water makes them snap...

Craftsman
    I do like that brings back some good memories

Did you have an original?

Banned
    Really quite horrible. You have the Excalibur and the Prime which is Citizen at their best imo.

The excalibur is nice but just another black bezel dive watch. What is a prime? The watch is marmite but it's distinctive and a no nonsense dive watch. There are so many watches I think of as hideous and dull, (like every dress or tank watch ever) but others instantly grab me. This and a Tuna are close to a perfect watch collection for me. Our wide range of watch interests is what make forums like this an interesting read.

Citizen at it's best must be the original 1300m, the jp2000 and the ecozilla. Bold, purposeful, ground breaking, iconic and just so different to all the safe designs other brands continually make. Can you tell I'm a citizen fan.

Banned
    The excalibur is nice but just another black bezel dive watch. What is a prime? The watch is marmite but it's distinctive and a no nonsense dive watch. There are so many watches I think of as hideous and dull, (like every dress or tank watch ever) but others instantly grab me. This and a Tuna are close to a perfect watch collection for me. Our wide range of watch interests is what make forums like this an interesting read.
    This is the Prime

Don't think the Excalibur is just another black bezel dive watch, it's classic and sharp looking. I wore mine almost exclusively for over a year and it ticks plenty of boxes. Puts some expensive watches to shame as it's so well finished.

Citizen at it's best must be the original 1300m, the jp2000 and the ecozilla. Bold, purposeful, ground breaking, iconic and just so different to all the safe designs other brands continually make. Can you tell I'm a citizen fan.
    I'm a Citizen fan too but some designs are just plain ugly. The EcoZilla is a nice one akin to how a Seiko Monster compares to say a Seiko SKX, but these gaudy Citizens that don't even have the same WR as the original belong in the past. The new EcoZillas are too gaudy as well. Just a gimmick.

I like monsters too, skx is dull... Water resistance is down but 200m is still worthy of a dive watch. If reduction in water resistance to original is a yardstick to measure by then all Tunas except the original 1200m are pointless. You must really hate the new 200m solar tuna style watches. Joking aside I see your point but Citizen should be applauded, this will never be a big seller but they've done it and not played safe which makes me happy.

I have a red dial, red bezel prime. Nice watch. Didn't know it was know as the prime. Excalibur would be a nice holiday watch for me, does a job but I don't think I'd ever really desire one.

They look like the Steeldive logo turned into a watch. Nothing against Steeldive, I own a few, but the logo is my least favourite feature. It's a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by bitt3n View Post
    Spot on.
    I think it's cool but would have preferred a re-issue of the 5503 titanium divers - the 300m or the 800m. those were super cool and look far better in my opinion.

I think I'd agree, the 5503 800m would be a great reissue. Maybe if this sells like hot cakes that'll follow... doubt it sadly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Spot on.
    I think it's cool but would have preferred a re-issue of the 5503 titanium divers - the 300m or the 800m. those were super cool and look far better in my opinion.
    When I saw this I got quite excited as I used to have the 800m original one about 10 years ago. It was virtually mint and a big regret now that I sold it, especially when I looked at the price I sold it for here.

Hopefully this may lead to reissues of the other classic models like Seiko has done with the Arnie.

Cheers
    Neil

Real deal 1300m is impossible to find these days. I had the 800m which was a star in mine collection. Only problem with titanium was the crown that was chewed up and the problem of sourcing the spare parts (there are no...)

Like the reissue idea, but I would also like reissue of the legendary 800m and 300m quartz divers

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk