closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wine Fridge Recommendations

Master

Wine Fridge Recommendations

Any suggestions? I looking for something freestanding, not too big, that can chill some whites and maybe store a few better reds. 12-24 bottles would be fine.

We’ve got a Rangemaster in the kitchen, it’s black with shelves which pull out, illuminates when you open the door and keeps our wine cold. Can’t say much more than that, it works.

Master
    It's just a fridge, mine holds 18 bottles, keeps the wine at the right temperature and that's it. They are all much a likeness.

Just seen my nephews half filled with cans of lemonade... the youth of today... [sigh]

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Just seen my nephews half filled with cans of lemonade... the youth of today... [sigh]

I keep a few tonic waters in mine, it does not have to be for just wine.

I have a Husky wine chiller that holds 18 wine bottles, is very quiet & a well made quality fridge imho. Owned now for nine years with no issues.

Craftsman
    AEG good value and work well.

Master
    Thanks all, a few things to investigate. I had a look at Husky and they have a 12 bottle option that may fit the bill.

Blog Entries
    Based on what you’ve asked for get a dual zone one…. Reds like to be at 12 and whites around 7 or 8

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    It's just a fridge, mine holds 18 bottles, keeps the wine at the right temperature and that's it. They are all much a likeness.
    ROFL - you have to be joking.
    https://www.newair.com/blogs/learn/w...-refrigerators

Craftsman
    We have found these to be very unreliable and have yet to find anyone that is willing to repair them - regular white goods repair guys won't touch them for some reason.. I have both a wine fridge and a beer cooler sitting broken acting as cupboards. Our previous wine fridge lasted only about 3 years too. Our neighbour is the same - less than 3 years out of theirs. Not sure what the solution is other than to prepare for these not lasting long.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    For crying out loud, I have a regular chest freezer to freeze food, a regular fridge to keep food cool and a wine cooler to keep drinks cool.

Most freezers are all much alikeness, most fridges are much a likeness and also most wine coolers are much a likeness. Yes there are mega buck versions of each type but in the main they are all very much a likeness.

The wine cooler is in the Spanish villa where it is hot and for the UK I have 300 bottles stored in a rack in a north facing garage. All the wine stores perfectly and to be honest wine coolers are a a bit of a gimmick whereas fridges and freezers are a bit of a necessity.

When it comes to wine fridges there’s only one place to go ....... quality doesn’t come cheap gr
    Though

https://home.liebherr.com/en/gbr/pro...-cabinets.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    For crying out loud, I have a regular chest freezer to freeze food, a regular fridge to keep food cool and a wine cooler to keep drinks cool.

Most freezers are all much alikeness, most fridges are much a likeness and also most wine coolers are much a likeness. Yes there are mega buck versions of each type but in the main they are all very much a likeness.

The wine cooler is in the Spanish villa where it is hot and for the UK I have 300 bottles stored in a rack in a north facing garage. All the wine stores perfectly and to be honest wine coolers are a a bit of a gimmick whereas fridges and freezers are a bit of a necessity.
    You claimed initially, that you use a fridge and there was no difference from a wine cooler, no?

Two of the main traits of a good wine cooler is closer temperature control, and less vibration. Fridges don’t cut it.

I doubt if your garage is steady temperature all year, but perhaps the wines, or the length of laying down don’t justify anything more?

Master
    My father-in-law has a nice dual zone cooler. If I had space and the wine collection, I'd love to have one. But really all I need is a 12-18 bottle cooler, that is quiet, compact, and can keep white, rose, champagnes and the occasional Beaujolais chilled. If it can hold a few bottles upright even better. One of the Husky models seemed spot on.

We have an 8 bottle AEG in the kitchen - nice and slimline.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Two of the main traits of a good wine cooler is closer temperature control, and less vibration. Fridges don’t cut it.
    I get the temperature thing but in ordinary use in a building is vibration that much of an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    I get the temperature thing but in ordinary use in a building is vibration that much of an issue?
    Vibration from the compressor in a normal fridge - I believe it is, for red wines worth laying down for years.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Vibration from the compressor in a normal fridge - I believe it is, for red wines worth laying down for years.
    This, and humidity.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

We have a Bosch one, holds about a hundred bottles, seems to work well, we did look at Sub Zero but the Bosch was better value.