closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pool table - options/recommendations

Master

Pool table - options/recommendations

Hi

Thinking of getting a pool table for home, 6 foot one should fit. Not a firm idea at the moment, just looking around to get an idea of what is out there.

Seen a few that I like the look of and knowing that a few people here have bought in the past, I thought I'd canvas some opinions.

Here are a couple that I've seen:

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/po...ool-table.html

https://www.libertygames.co.uk/store...nner-freeplay/

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/po...ool-table.html

Thanks
    Last edited by bambam; 6th March 2021 at 16:55.

I would stick with the Supreme brand but get the 7FT ones. The 6FT ones feel small to me personally

I’ve got the 6ft supreme winner. Decent table for the money.

Foggy

Master
    I’d go for a 7x4 supreme, lovely tables, majority of decent clubs will use Supremes.

An alternative are these, relatively new but have very good reviews.

https://blackballtables.com

Craftsman
    Don’t Riley’s also make one?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

This is my Supreme table from Liberty Games, took a while to arrive but decent quality. Mine came with cues etc but they’re not the best, so bought a couple more and some Taom chalk.

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr
    Last edited by Alex L; 6th March 2021 at 23:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    This is my Supreme table from Liberty Games, took a while to arrive but decent quality. Mine came with cues etc but they’re not the best, so bought a couple more and some Taom chalk.

That’s a lovely set up, Taom chalk at 15 quid a block definitely divides opinions, tried it and honestly couldn’t tell the difference, still had kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    That’s a lovely set up, Taom chalk at 15 quid a block definitely divides opinions, tried it and honestly couldn’t tell the difference, still had kicks.
    Thanks. The only reason I buy Taom is the lack of dust, but agreed, it’s very expensive.

Master
    Thanks. The only reason I buy Taom is the lack of dust, but agreed, it’s very expensive.
    If you like it that’s all that matters, I’ve had cues at nearly a grand, absolutely crazy when you think about it.... but then again so’s watch collecting :-)

Craftsman
    If the room allows I’d go for a 7’ table, it’s a more playable size. I’ve had a pool diner for around 12 years and I’m glad I went for the bigger table after playing on a mates 6’.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    If you like it that’s all that matters, I’ve had cues at nearly a grand, absolutely crazy when you think about it.... but then again so’s watch collecting :-)
    Agreed, I’m not a good enough player to notice the difference between chalks let alone cues.

Quote Originally Posted by DiXoN View Post
    If the room allows I’d go for a 7’ table, it’s a more playable size. I’ve had a pool diner for around 12 years and I’m glad I went for the bigger table after playing on a mates 6’.
    Measure the room and how much cuing space you’ve got, it’s a pain having to angle the cue to avoid walls and obstacles.
    Last edited by Alex L; 7th March 2021 at 00:15.

Master

That looks lovely!

Measuring things up and allowing for cue space, I think we are ok with the 6ft size. For those that have one or have had one before - how much of a compromise is it if you can’t full cue space all the way around?

7ft would be better but think we’d be compromised on cue space. I’ll have to measure again. You might see one of my dodgy drawings here soon.

This tells you how much room you need for each table https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/help/size-chart.aspx

A very good friend of mine has owned a Supreme for around 7 years now, we're both ex league players and it's a fantastic table to play on. Great quality baize, true cushions and pockets that you need to be reasonably accurate with without being too punishing.

As has been said, check (and double check!) room size for cueing space, it's possible to use shorter cues however I personally find it too uncomfortable unless I can cue properly with my normal length cue all the way around. These tables aren't light either though the adjustable for height feet are wide enough to spread the load, they're not the kind of things suitable for a shed floor though!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Measure the room and how much cuing space you’ve got, it’s a pain having to angle the cue to avoid walls and obstacles.
    yes exactly, I have a 13’ x 24’ dining room and use 48’’ cues so just about get away with a 4’ wide table.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DiXoN View Post
    yes exactly, I have a 13’ x 24’ dining room and use 48’’ cues so just about get away with a 4’ wide table.
    That’s interesting. Do you use the 48” cues all the time or only when room is tight?
    When measuring up I was looking to see if I could away with a 57” cue all round and with a 7x4 table it looks tight.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    That’s interesting. Do you use the 48” cues all the time or only when room is tight?
    When measuring up I was looking to see if I could away with a 57” cue all round and with a 7x4 table it looks tight.
    I have longer cues and I can use them but it’s a bit tighter, the table came with the 48’’ cues so I tend to use them when people come round. I have a few cues and the only one I’ve never used is my snooker cue as it’s a big one.