closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay payment direct to bank NOT paypal?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I didn't mean they can literally force you to use managed payments, but they can take away every other option, so effectively you have mo choice unless you want to stop using ebay to sell.
    ah ok. My last two selling experiences with eBay were farcical so no loss there for me. It’s morphed into a shop front for businesses mainly now so may keep buying from time to time.

not sure why this topic continues in WT though - G&D / BP

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    ah ok. My last two selling experiences with eBay were farcical so no loss there for me. It’s morphed into a shop front for businesses mainly now so may keep buying from time to time.

not sure why this topic continues in WT though - G&D / BP
    Not much point enrolling for you in that case. Yes, ebay does seem to be catering more and more for businesses, and yes this perhaps should be in the G&D, no harm in it being here I suppose but I know what you mean.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I dont know for sure, but I used to get the offer roughly every two weeks, but I've been on the managed payments system for 3 weeks now and nothing, so the £1 deal could well be history. Hope I'm wrong.
    I’ve had the £1 fees deal pop quite a few times since moving over to managed payments back in November too.

Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    I’ve had the £1 fees deal pop quite a few times since moving over to managed payments back in November too.
    I'd only been on managed payments a few weeks, and was used to £1 deals fortnightly, so thought it had stopped. But a deal came through this weekend thankfully.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the thread resurrection.

Private sellers have to end of May 21 to move across to the new ebay payment service.

one thing hidden in the weeds is, they have quietly removed the £250 cap on selling fees, so take care with your high value items - see below:

The final value fee is calculated as 12.8% of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees), plus a fixed charge of 30p per order. If the total amount of the sale is over £2,500 for a single item, you'll pay 3% for the portion of the sale price above £2,500.

Ouch, that's quite the jump in pricing if you're selling a posh watch.

I had a few odds and ends to sell last week and was forced to change to the payment via bank account. Seems to work pretty well, altho I do miss having the money sat in my PayPal ready to spend afterwards - felt like I was getting some freebies! Just disappears into the bank account now, no fun at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used it a few times now and money was in the bank the next day and they automatically deduct the selling fee. Seems to work fine.

They're still doing £1 final value fee deals as well - I wouldn't sell on there at all if they didn't do those.

Sold a expensive watch last week, well pleased to be honest. £1 total cost, funds arrived in bank account within the 3 days

I wouldve had to give it away in SC

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Sold a few pieces over the weekend. Pleased with the £1 selling fees, would have been stung a hundred or so on fees otherwise. Money was paid in about 2 days. Much prefer ebay managed payments over paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Sold a few pieces over the weekend. Pleased with the £1 selling fees, would have been stung a hundred or so on fees otherwise. Money was paid in about 2 days. Much prefer ebay managed payments over paypal.
    Agreed. Sold a watch and timegrapher for a total cost of £2.00 in fees.
    Much better than PayPal taking it's cut.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Sold all of my old hi-fi kit (that I had advertised here on SC) on eBay but had the £1 selling fee. So a few hundred quid of cash made and just £8 of fees.

I doubt I'd ever sell anything on eBay unless there is a deal on, 12% fee is a bit steep for my liking.

The money came into my bank account this morning.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Journeyman
    Nice to not have to pay the 3-4% to PayPal! The only thing is I like having the money in my PayPal account and then bank account before sending out the watch - I’ll get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I like the idea, why pay paypal fees?
    A friend is not so keen, his paypal account is the only one his wife can't check on

Journeyman
    Looks like eBay is completely cutting the ties off with PP.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

one thing hidden in the weeds is, they have quietly removed the £250 cap on selling fees, so take care with your high value items - see below:

The final value fee is calculated as 12.8% of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees), plus a fixed charge of 30p per order. If the total amount of the sale is over £2,500 for a single item, you'll pay 3% for the portion of the sale price above £2,500.
    Total piss take. I'm certainly never using them again to sell.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Total piss take. I'm certainly never using them again to sell.
    A lot less than most auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Indeed, usually at least 15 or 20% plus vat. With millions less potential bidders to boot.

How many auction houses side with the buyer and immediately claw back the money from the seller?

I sold a few watches last week under the 80% off fees offer and it worked out better than the old £1 plus 4% PayPal fees. There is another thread running on that, but basically the same subject.

Sold a watch to Italy - 3 months from leaving me to delivery. Don't they have delivery vans in Italy? Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I sold a few watches last week under the 80% off fees offer and it worked out better than the old £1 plus 4% PayPal fees. There is another thread running on that, but basically the same subject.

Sold a watch to Italy - 3 months from leaving me to delivery. Don't they have delivery vans in Italy? Never again.
    Never ever sell anything to Italy ever.

I took them off the ebay list 15 years ago.
    I was told that Italian postmen are very badly paid and supplemented their income by stealing likely looking parcels from abroad.

When I ran an ebay account for a comany I had more thefts from Italy than all the Eastern European countries put together.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    How many auction houses side with the buyer and immediately claw back the money from the seller?
    eBay don’t do that. I’ve had three buyers trying it on in the last couple of months and all three were resolved in my favour.

One even tried through eBay, PayPal and his credit card and I still kept all my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    On line platforms or proper brick & mortar establishments?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    ..... But my paypal account is the only money my wife doesn't see, so this is bad news for me.)
    Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one with this situation. The last of the stealth purchase reserves has been breached.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one with this situation. The last of the stealth purchase reserves has been breached.
    no, you're not alone. My PayPal account is very healthy at the moment but this hobby will empty it no time ............ then what?! I might have to start being honest about my purchases..................

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Never ever sell anything to Italy ever.

I took them off the ebay list 15 years ago.
    I was told that Italian postmen are very badly paid and supplemented their income by stealing likely looking parcels from abroad.

When I ran an ebay account for a comany I had more thefts from Italy than all the Eastern European countries put together.
    Same experience here. Only rivalled by Brazil for missing items.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Same experience here. Only rivalled by Brazil for missing items.
    I've blocked Italy now. I did send a watch to Mexico once, took 5 months to get there. My PB for a speedy delivery was posted on a Thursday afternoon to someone in California. It was on the plane to San Francisco the next day and was delivered on the Tuesday morning. I was impressed with that one.