closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn servicing/repair

Sinn servicing/repair

I have tracked down a Sinn EZM1 with the 3h dial tritium hands & indices. The owner says that the movement stopped working properly a few years ago & as getting it repaired meant sending it back to Germany he just put it away & forgot about it.

I'm thinking of buying it with the intention of sending it to Sinn HQ to get it repaired but only if they don't replace the dial and hands as the trituim lume has aged to a beautiful creamy yellow.

Does anyone know if they will automatically change these items, like Rolex do, or if instructed to they will leave as is?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sinn will generally do what you ask them to do. Jump on line and message them. They are pretty quick to respond too.

https://www.sinn.de/en/Customer_Service.htm

Master
    Sending the watch back to Germany for repair will probably cost you a fortune. Why not send it to an independent watch repairer in the UK. Less hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Sending the watch back to Germany for repair will probably cost you a fortune. Why not send it to an independent watch repairer in the UK. Less hassle.
    Well, Sinn claim they use 'special Sinn oil' in the EZM1, so it may not be that simple (It may, also, be BS ).

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    One of my Sinn was repaired by TWR watch repairs, Essex.Good service too.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Sinn have a massive stock of parts for the 5100 used in the watch, the parts are becoming hens teeth elsewhere. It should also be said that Sinn servicing is very reasonable for a large maker, they also listen to requests when the watch is rare and the owner would rather keep it all original.
    I am all for supporting independents but in this case it would go back to Sinn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Well, Sinn claim they use 'special Sinn oil' in the EZM1, so it may not be that simple (It may, also, be BS ).

M

And there will be peace on earth they said.

Sinn are some of the most helpful people I’ve ever spoken to in the watch world
    I’d go there every time, personally

In Jan 2017 the EZM1 Service was €455 including gas filling. I had mine done then.
    That includes service parts (crown, tube, gaskets and mainspring) but no repair parts.
    I understand special requests (keeping dial, hands etc) are no problem.
    Postage will be extra, mine was sent along with another watch that was being repaired under warranty.
    Dave

Master
    I would start by giving TWR a ring to discuss. Recent experience of them was good with one of my Sinn. Reasonably quick as well because shops (for other brands they service) are not open to be able to send watches to them. Alex in customer care is very helpful.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    I would start by giving TWR a ring to discuss. Recent experience of them was good with one of my Sinn. Reasonably quick as well because shops (for other brands they service) are not open to be able to send watches to them. Alex in customer care is very helpful.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    This, Alex is great, TWR are authorised to service all but the oil filled models, but they can get it back to Sinn quickly and easily.

I recently asked Sinn about this in relation to my EZM2 and they said they wouldn't replace anything like the face and hands unless damaged, but they would check first anyway. They usually send you an estimate of works before they start

I forgot about TWR. I had a 356 serviced there last year. I will give them a call tomorrow. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I’d also recommend TWR
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Simon Freese is also good and sourced parts direct from Sinn when necessary.

Thanks guys, unfortunately the seller sold the watch while I was umming and ahhing. There's one on ebay but a smidgen under $10k is kinda hard to swallow

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Sinn are some of the most helpful people I’ve ever spoken to in the watch world
    I’d go there every time, personally
    Agreed. The communication over a battery change on my UX was very good and the whole thing was turned round quicker than anticipated. I am afraid I can’t comment on the details requested but they do seems to be good to deal with.