closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPhone Cases

Master

iPhone Cases

I’m struggling to find an iPhone (12 Pro Max) case that works well for me.

I’ve had a Woolnut leather case before for my 11 Pro Max (beautiful, high quality, will last forever, fits perfectly etc) but at £42 they’re a little expensive and I’m not really a leather person anyway, I feel... but it’s so nice and did such a good job that I would consider another.

I really do like silicone cases but they seem to lack the protection of leather ones. I have a cheap £12 one off Amazon which feels nice but has already torn and doesn’t feel like it would survive a drop.

I don’t want a folio case, nor a huge chunky thing. But protection is key. The slimmest yet most protective case possible.

Can anyone suggest something that perhaps I’ve not considered? Or a case that the feel works well?

It’s a black phone, and I don’t mind a bit of colour.

Mous case!

https://uk.mous.co/

In their advertising, they throw iphones in to the air, landing on concrete and no damage! The cases use some came of impact absorbing insert around the inner edge of the case. The case doesn't actively protect the screen, although there is a lip that prevent the screen hitting a flat surface directly, if it lands face down.

I've been using their Clarity case for a year now and dropped my 11 Pro Max a few times without damage. Not cheap mind...

Gary

Spigen.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Spigen.
    + 1000, if this thread runs for a few pages. Amazing quality for the price, lots of options.

I find it quite ironic that manufacturers of phones spend so much energy in trying to make their phones as delicate and slim and slippery as possible when nearly everyone immediately puts them in chunky non slip cases and screen protectors to make them safe, I would prefer a tough phone chassis and some impact protection as a starting point.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    I’ve got a simple leather slip case for my mini 12. I spent enough on phone and materials that I want to feel it as intended in use.

BIL gets every new phone & shoves in the the cheapest silicon case available, doesn’t think twice. I can’t get used to that.

Think my most bulky case was an Apple leather one on my 8. The work one is in a mous, bit thicker than I’d like but at least I won’t break it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Otterbox for me, have heard a lot of good things about Spigen too

Jason - I know a few people who don't use a case. Work provides their phones and can pay for replacement. I would love an iPhone with the chunky build of a 2005 Nokia but it isn't going to happen.

Griffin Survivor cases for my iPhones and iPads. They are bulky but the protection is second to none.

I’m very impressed with the official Apple leather case on my 12 Pro Max. It’s not as bulky as I expected, it’s protective, and the grip is good.

Always Spigen.

Samsung S10 but Armadilotek only one with sufficiently raised lip to protect the (admittedly curved) screen.

Cheaper and better than anything else I have tried.

Used Spigen for years and have found them extra - looks like several others rate them too.

iPhone Cases

I’ve always had silicone cases, £1:99 eBay specials but my 2020 iPhone 12pro max is naked and I like it like that.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    I’ve always had silicone cases, £1:99 eBay specials but my 2020 iPhone 12pro max is naked and I like it like that.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    +1

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Spigen.
    I've bought one of these for my iPhone 12 and am very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    From what I’ve seen the iPhone 12 is quite a bit more robust than the previous model, although I’m not brave enough to risk it. Black Apple leather case for me. Amazon do them cheaper than Apple from time to time if anyone grudges giving Apple £50 for one.

Unless you work on a building site or throw your stuff around like a chimp then those survivor type cases really do seem overkill.

Master
    Thanks folks.

Yes I’m really not keen on a survivor type case / look / bulk.

Definitely something slimline.

As I say, I do like silicone cases. Leather ones can be a little rigid but they do look great. Silicone tends to feel nicer (to me).

Ok thanks for the suggestions; I’m off to have a look now

Recommend the ringke onyx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ringke-Comp.../dp/B08H5VKGY5

Got one on my mini and it's slim, cheap, grippy and the back doesn't collect fingerprints and oil like a lot of cases do. (A pet hate)