closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Movement skipping?

Master

Movement skipping?

One for those who know movements...

I picked up a new King Samurai recently, and it's a great piece of kit. Houses the 4R35 movement, so not high end.

As with all the mechanicals I buy, I've had it on the timegrapher.

I'm happy with the overall data coming out (-2spd, 261 degrees amplitude, 0.7ms beat error), but the movement seems to 'skip' every few seconds, or miss a beat.

Looks like this:

Is this an issue? Other watches return just a continuous line, without the skips.

This is my 1978 16014 DJ (btw, how good is that for a watch over 40 years old?! ):

So question is, is this ok, or does it need to go back?

Many thanks!

Craftsman
    It needs to go back, probably hitting the edge of the hairspring against the stud on the regulator, I’ve had to adjust this on a few of my seikos, not for the faint hearted as you need good magnification to even see if it does, but on the 6R15 it’s one of the biggest rains for poor regulation and variable timing.. but if you are not comfortable with it Id send it back under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    It needs to go back, probably hitting the edge of the hairspring against the stud on the regulator, I’ve had to adjust this on a few of my seikos, not for the faint hearted as you need good magnification to even see if it does, but on the 6R15 it’s one of the biggest rains for poor regulation and variable timing.. but if you are not comfortable with it Id send it back under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks!

It seems to be fine now, the skipping has completely disappeared, and it's settled at -3spd. Must have been an anomoly in a brand new movement, I suspect.