closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Surprising Results from Antiquorum Sale

Surprising Results from Antiquorum Sale

The latest Antiquorum sale (3rd March '21 in Hong Kong) can only have been viewed as a disappointment by the organisers, as many of the watches didn't sell and those that did were mostly at the low estimate.

Even a Ploprof went unsold, although there were some other interesting divers watches in the lots.

https://catalog.antiquorum.swiss/en/...021-03-03/lots

Craftsman
    If the guide price doesn't include hammer price then I'm not that surprised. Some optimistic pricing on a few & not many without reserves which were likely set accordingly.
    Would have expected that Gilt Explorer (Lot 244) to go though based on what Eddie posted yesterday - Although looking at the close-ups, is that actually a gilt dial? The chapter ring looks white.

I was watching (and registered for bidding) but yes the prices were not bad but and the fee and the cost of importing do add up. If it would have been EU I may have bid on the Heuers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark020 View Post
    I was watching (and registered for bidding) but yes the prices were not bad but and the fee and the cost of importing do add up. If it would have been EU I may have bid on the Heuers.
    Yeah unless there is something that is more collectible in the UK domestic market than abroad, the import costs are going to make it hard to compete with local buyers or those with better import costs.

I am led to believe Phillips is where the major pieces are auctioned these days, with Antiquorum picking up lesser stock. https://www.phillips.com/watches

Craftsman
    With some of questions that have been raised over the originality of some of the watches in Antiquorums sales in the past, I’m not sure that I would bid one of their sales - buying the saler relates to auctioneers too

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app