closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TUDOR Black Bay GMT - what do you think?

Master
    I think Wandrils reply was spot on IMHO, balanced opinion, & more than one line. Your reply seemed a bit OTT I'm afraid.
    He's a watch enthusiast like most of us on here & enthusiastically joining in. I don't believe he's racing to get to SC. He has quite a nice collection of pieces that I've noticed in other threads.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Regarding the debate on the snowflake hands, even if Tudor is getting quite a bit of attention thanks to its affiliation with the big brother rolex, they obviously are pushing on differenciating themselves at the same time, and having "their" identity if there is such a thing. In that regard, I'm more than happy with a full snowflake handset.
    Agree with this. I suspect Rolex are very particular about maintaining brand separation between the two. The day that your average Joe can confuse Tudor with Rolex is the day Rolex have just devalued their high end brand. I seriously doubt anything is left to sloppiness or chance and every detail is considered at the design stage.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    There are two milestones for many new members here. One being 50 posts to view Sales Corner, the other being 250 posts to post in Sales Corner. You also need to be a member here for 60 and 180 days respectively for both milestones to matter.

Some members get sick and tired when seeing new joiners clog up the forum with pointless reply after pointless reply in their painfully transparent quest to hit 50 and then 250 posts. I think he even had 46 posts in a single day last week. All top notch contributions, obviously.
    Out of interest do you think he will now slow down with his rate of posting?

Maybe he will up the rate, to get to say 8,000+ in slightly over 4 years...😀🤣

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post

Maybe he will up the rate, to get to say 8,000+ in slightly over 4 years...😀🤣
    A year of 46 posts per day and he'll be at 16,000+ in a year ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    A year of 46 posts per day and he'll be at 16,000+ in a year ;)
    If you continue like that, we're both going to get to this point, since you seem to have a personal issue with me and you feel like you have so many stupid things to say.

Stop embarassing yourself mate, you're not even talking about the matter anymore, calm down on the emotions and let the thread go back to the tudor...

Apprentice
    I've been a lurker on this forum for a very long time, but thought I'd come out of the shadows for a moment...

I've owned the BB GMT for a little over two years. I had the date issue last summer, resolved in a few weeks and no problems since.

My collection is pretty small right now: BB GMT, Farer Lander Chrono, Seiko SARB-035, Junghans 34mm handwound, G-Shock.

The Tudor really makes the rest of them redundant. It fits me perfectly on the bracelet. Feels solid but not clunky. Keeps perfect time, good lume, date, sapphire, long power reserve, very legible, excellent water resistance. Distinctly unassuming looks. Not dressy or casual. So much more practical for me than the hesalite Speedie I owned before, despite the Moonwatch mystique.

My bezel doesn't perfectly line up with the triangle at 12, but I have learned to live with it.

Other than that, there's little I'd change. I'd like a quick-set date (advancing from the 28th of the month in February is a pain). But that's it.

I am sure that I'll hand this watch down to my kids. My dad owned a Rolex 17610 when I was growing up, and this watch is the closest I'll get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post

Maybe he will up the rate, to get to say 8,000+ in slightly over 4 years...藍
    Interesting isnt it, those with the biggest post count are the ones so obsessed with how many times others post on the forum.

Oh and its not a "Milestone" its the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by eciton View Post
    I've been a lurker on this forum for a very long time, but thought I'd come out of the shadows for a moment...

I've owned the BB GMT for a little over two years. I had the date issue last summer, resolved in a few weeks and no problems since.

My collection is pretty small right now: BB GMT, Farer Lander Chrono, Seiko SARB-035, Junghans 34mm handwound, G-Shock.

The Tudor really makes the rest of them redundant. It fits me perfectly on the bracelet. Feels solid but not clunky. Keeps perfect time, good lume, date, sapphire, long power reserve, very legible, excellent water resistance. Distinctly unassuming looks. Not dressy or casual. So much more practical for me than the hesalite Speedie I owned before, despite the Moonwatch mystique.

My bezel doesn't perfectly line up with the triangle at 12, but I have learned to live with it.

Other than that, there's little I'd change. I'd like a quick-set date (advancing from the 28th of the month in February is a pain). But that's it.

I am sure that I'll hand this watch down to my kids. My dad owned a Rolex 17610 when I was growing up, and this watch is the closest I'll get to it.
    Nice balanced collection. Come into the light Mr Eciton! Stick around

Master

TUDOR Black Bay GMT - what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Alright mate, I may have been writing something a bit too complicated for you.

You mentioned two things, the gmt hand, and the second hand, so two points.

I made...2 points, one on the gmt hand, the other one one the whole handset, which happens to include the second hand.

Also, sorry if I don't consider your debate on the fact you want more rolex cues on a tudor as the most revolutionnary or interesting on the forum

If you're getting too emotional here to be able to read properly a message before answering it like an angry 14yr old girl, that's a bit sad, and it's making me doubt of your ability to judge the quality of someone else's post.

I will put the necessity you seem to feel to act like a jerk and consider yourself as more legit because of your post count on the fact we are on lockdown and you might be on psychological distress, so no hard feeling mate! ;)
    Considering it was international women’s’ day when you wrote this, I take offence of the completely wrong stereotype you decided to use..... poor form and a comment to be expected by someone behaving like a “5 year old” - irrespective of sex...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ar.parask; 9th March 2021 at 07:11.

Hard to find anything else that can compete for the price

Master
    I see the GMT has come straight back on SC. I have seen this with other watches but I can never understand why anyone buys a watch, decides they don't like it then relists on the same platform in such a short timeframe. I know someone will leap upon my comment, as is the way of things on here, but tbh I would be embarassed to do this as I think I would rather suck it up for a while then maybe list elsewhere. Also it makes it look like there is something wrong with the watch or maybe even seller. Just my opinion, flame away if anyone must.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I see the GMT has come straight back on SC. I have seen this with other watches but I can never understand why anyone buys a watch, decides they don't like it then relists on the same platform in such a short timeframe. I know someone will leap upon my comment, as is the way of things on here, but tbh I would be embarassed to do this as I think I would rather suck it up for a while then maybe list elsewhere. Also it makes it look like there is something wrong with the watch or maybe even seller. Just my opinion, flame away if anyone must.
    Good to have an opinion and I see your point.

I could probably list elsewhere for more, but that’s wrong too - you didn’t get the memo?

I like trying different watches, what can I say... good that I’m pretty quick with deciding whether I like it or not. I’m not going to wear it and force myself to keep it just because. If you don’t like it, move on. To me, this is the cool thing about this forum, trying watches.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Good to have an opinion and I see your point.

I could probably list elsewhere for more, but that’s wrong too - you didn’t get the memo?

I like trying different watches, what can I say... good that I’m pretty quick with deciding whether I like it or not. I’m not going to wear it and force myself to keep it just because. If you don’t like it, move on. To me, this is the cool thing about this forum, trying watches.

Yes, sorry, I didn't mean it as a personal criticism. It's just that I've seen this happen a few times and I'm always a bit bemused by it. I didn't feel it warranted a separate thread and certainly didn't want to pollute and jeopardise your sale. Good luck with it btw.

TUDOR Black Bay GMT - what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I have done this loads of times. It’s the beauty of the forum. We are all collectors and I’m glad it’s been offered back, it was a fantastic price. A further conversation would be why we chase these watches in the first place and I have (like many I’m sure) bought the same watch multiple times.
    Another thing is at the minute you can’t exactly walk into a jewellers to try one on! So it’s cost postage to give one a go.

No flaming your opinion is valid but you haven’t reached crazy level yet, clearly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I have done this loads of times. It’s the beauty of the forum. We are all collectors and I’m glad it’s been offered back, it was a fantastic price. A further conversation would be why we chase these watches in the first place and I have (like many I’m sure) bought the same watch multiple times.
    Another thing is at the minute you can’t exactly walk into a jewellers to try one on! So it’s cost postage to give one a go.

No flaming your opinion is valid but you haven’t reached crazy level yet, clearly.
    Ha ha, you're right. some might say I'm a bit strange but crazy buying is not in my nature lol

Craftsman
    Sadly a trip to dealer today to send my GMT back to Tudor with the dreaded date issue. Actually occurred just before Christmas so just over a year old but due to Covid I did not feel confident in travelling. Fingers crossed for a possible return in July.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    Sadly a trip to dealer today to send my GMT back to Tudor with the dreaded date issue. Actually occurred just before Christmas so just over a year old but due to Covid I did not feel confident in travelling. Fingers crossed for a possible return in July.
    I’m surprised this is still happening even on newer watches, you would’ve thought they would have sorted it out by now. Does put me off getting one a tad which is a shame as I think they look great.

Hope you get it back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    I’m surprised this is still happening even on newer watches, you would’ve thought they would have sorted it out by now. Does put me off getting one a tad which is a shame as I think they look great.

Hope you get it back soon!
    This was an issue with some of the models from 2019 and early 2020. As far as I am aware the latest ‘Q’ serial models don’t have this issue. I bought a 2021 ‘Q’ serial model in March and have not encountered the issue.

It’s a great watch with a similar aesthetic to the 5 digit Rolex GMTs. Although many have commented that it is slab sided, with the chamfer I don’t feel this is the case. In time, the aluminium insert should develop a nice fade, which will just add to the vintage feel of the watch.
    Excellent value for the price.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post
    This was an issue with some of the models from 2019 and early 2020. As far as I am aware the latest ‘Q’ serial models don’t have this issue. I bought a 2021 ‘Q’ serial model in March and have not encountered the issue.

It’s a great watch with a similar aesthetic to the 5 digit Rolex GMTs. Although many have commented that it is slab sided, with the chamfer I don’t feel this is the case. In time, the aluminium insert should develop a nice fade, which will just add to the vintage feel of the watch.
    Thanks, that’s good to hear. It also sounds like they sort out any issues fairly painlessly as well.

I agree that they should look even better in a few years with a bit of fade.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMT2 View Post

Exactly this. The new/altered movement seems to have done the trick. Almost no date wheel issue cropping up on the FB group and ones that donate for the older watches. Mine has been back and worn almost daily for almost a year with no recurrence of the issue.

Had mine back for a nearly year also with no issues too.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

My favourite Tudor...