closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Discount?

Journeyman

Tudor Discount?

Are there any AD's that offer discounts or will I get the Rolex Group brush off?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Master
    I’d imagine that it’s based on

A. The Tudor in question
    B. The relationship with AD

You're overthinking it, just ask the sales assistant in the jewellers for a discount.

Journeyman
    I got a free leather strap and clasp when I bought my black bay. Also got the NATO in the box. Always worth asking if they won’t budge on price

Quite likely you won't get one on the bb58 or any model in high demand.
    That being said, any other regular model is worth a try!
    If you visit regularly your Ad, you will construct a bit of a relationship with them which is good, it can also allow you to see what models have a high turnover in the window (as depending on your location it won't necessarily be the same as in other Ad's)
    If you see some light marks on a demo watch with a slow turnover, and you don't mind, that's a good place to start.

Journeyman
    Definitely always ask. I agree that you are very unlikely to get one on a BB58, but other models more likely.

I always haggle like a dog anyway, no matter what the situation. I’m convinced that some dealers give me a discount just to get me out of the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zharko View Post
    Definitely always ask. I agree that you are very unlikely to get one on a BB58, but other models more likely.

I always haggle like a dog anyway, no matter what the situation. I’m convinced that some dealers give me a discount just to get me out of the shop

Hahaha that's a good technic!

I would say it can be worth to wear a watch a bit pricey when you visit the AD, as it looks like you're the kind of person able to put money on the table, and if you're haggling, it's because you want/can buy.

I've been treated less nicely in the past by some (not all) Ad as I was just wearing an affordable seiko or a non recognizable watch, they probably thought I couldn't actually afford one of their watches and that I would be a waste of time.

Don't start to haggle of you can't pay straight away, it needs to be discussed and decided on the moment.
    If you are close to not just one but a few tudor Ad, you can afford walking away and make them fight between each others to get a better price or offer (straps et...), before coming back to see their answer

Journeyman
    AD wouldnt budge on my Black Bay a couple of years ago... I got a "free" tudor holdall (it is rather nice to be fair)

I got 8% on a BB Blue in October. Don't ask, don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Interesting, do you mean the bb41 blue or the full blue bb58?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Can I ask where from? It's the BB36 Blue I was thinking of getting.

Craftsman
    Small thread resurrection. I'm also interested in people's experiences of Tudor & discounting. I'd presumed it wasn't a thing, but maybe it is. Was in an AD in Cheltenham this afternoon having an excellent chat with the nice lady who was bringing me watches, but it never occurred to me to ask for a discount. If I could get 10% off a new BB, I'd stop harassing Sales Corner for one immediately.

I'd try the independent dealers. Somewhere like Andrew Michaels in Newark. Particularly if you have any military or blue light connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I'd try the independent dealers. Somewhere like Andrew Michaels in Newark. Particularly if you have any military or blue light connection.
    You can get watch discounts with a Blue Light card?

This is exciting, I've got one in the post!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

I don't think there is anything official...just that Andrew Michaels does a lot of business with military and police customers. Still going to have to haggle...it just gives you an angle to work!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

I think Goldsmiths do it as well. Not managed to use it yet but sure I’ve seen them on the list (wife has a BLC, am hoping for once she might actually save me some money)

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    I think Goldsmiths do it as well. Not managed to use it yet but sure I’ve seen them on the list (wife has a BLC, am hoping for once she might actually save me some money)

I've had a 'Defence Discount' card for years. The military/blue light cards aren't wildly different to the corporate discount schemes I've seen to be honest. There are usually High St jewellers discounts but they never allow it on luxury watch brands like Rolex/Omega/Tudor...they are always excluded in the T&C. Ernest Jones once told me that outside of specific sales, they can't discount Omega as it is a condition of selling the brand.

I've had a 'Defence Discount' card for years. The military/blue light cards aren't wildly different to the corporate discount schemes I've seen to be honest. There are usually High St jewellers discounts but they never allow it on luxury watch brands like Rolex/Omega/Tudor...they are always excluded in the T&C. Ernest Jones once told me that outside of specific sales, they can't discount Omega as it is a condition of selling the brand.
    Good to know cheers. I’m not really looking to spend @ Tudor / omega levels right now, but the new BB chronos have definitely caught my eye.

Weirdly I remember being offered blue light discount when buying a new car once - does this mean a Vauxhall is officially less desirable and luxurious than a Tudor?

Journeyman
    Goldsmiths are doing a watch winder as a free gift (with BB58) which if you can sell can count as a discount of sorts.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Well I'm a frontline NHS worker, but no blue light status. Will try for a discount at an AD this weekend, but not particularly optimistic for some reason. Omegas still easily discounted 10-15% I've noticed, but Tudor feels unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jari37 View Post
    Well I'm a frontline NHS worker, but no blue light status. Will try for a discount at an AD this weekend, but not particularly optimistic for some reason. Omegas still easily discounted 10-15% I've noticed, but Tudor feels unlikely.
    I wouldn't worry...my wife is NHS so I see the NHS discount website...there's no real difference between that, the military or corporate schemes (I've currently got access to NHS, forces discount, defence discount, Civil Aviation Authority and British Airways schemes). They are all very much the same and just a mechanism to encourage people to spend money. The military discount scheme is so wide-open you'd qualify if you were an air cadet!

If you can get 10-15% off any Omega, you are doing well. I think ADs work off a 35% markup and an AD I spoke to said in general 15% was a very good discount. Most retailers aren't actually allowed to discount outside specific sales. That's why they are more eager to do things like throw in free straps than take money off the watch.
    Last edited by Christian; 13th April 2021 at 21:59.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jari37 View Post
    You can get a blue light card easily as I've got one and I'm not front line. I did check after reading this thread and T&C state excludes a list of Brands, Tudor being one of them unfortunately.
    Be interested if you can wangle a cash discount though

Craftsman
    So I was offered 10% off a Seamaster at an AD on Monday without trying, had the impression I could get more if I persisted.

When I picked up my BB58 almost 2yrs ago. I managed to use my work scheme discount of 20% with Goldsmiths. T&Cs then mentioned Rolex & Ltd Ed Omegas & Tags. Even better VFM @ £2k.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I was always advised go to and negotiate at the end of the month. If sales targets haven't been met staff are more receptive to their customers requests.

I’ve seen a few Tudors appear in sales (mostly the chronos on leather) with over £1000 off in the past so not impossible

Journeyman
    Is 8% the best you've seen?

Master
    Ernest Jones once told me that outside of specific sales, they can't discount Omega as it is a condition of selling the brand.
    I'm extremely surprised by this - I've bought 3 Omegas in 2002, 2012 and 2018 brand new from ADs and have never had an issue negotiating at least 10% off.

SGR

Tudor Discount?

Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    I'm extremely surprised by this - I've bought 3 Omegas in 2002, 2012 and 2018 brand new from ADs and have never had an issue negotiating at least 10% off.

SGR
    A lot has happened since 2018 though, I was offered an Explorer I with a discount back then! It had sat in the window for weeks though.

SGR
    Was it EJ you bought from? Maybe it's either a salesperson talking rubbish or Ernest Jones specific...I pushed really hard recently, yet they absolutely wouldn't budge and claimed they weren't allowed to. I have also managed to get 10% off at other ADs for Omega.

Couldn't get a bean off the new Speedy

Craftsman

New Chrono.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman53 View Post
    Are there any AD's that offer discounts or will I get the Rolex Group brush off?

With Watches.co.uk currently asking for a nearly £3K premium over RRP for both the new Tudor Chronograph release white and black dial versions, maybe not getting a discount from a Tudor AD is not such a poor deal.
    Last edited by Flasher; 14th April 2021 at 18:40. Reason: Error

Journeyman

SGR
    Was in the market for new Omega in January last year and without really trying was offered ~8% off

But getting a certain percentage "without trying" doesn't guarantee that "trying harder" will necessarily accomplish a much better result.

Outside of wider sales, I'd say 10% is achievable and pretty good going. As Ryan says, getting anything off a popular model like a new Speedy will be near impossible.

Craftsman
    Get the young ones at home to work at Waitrose while at College/Uni. Then get 25% off Tudor as John Lewis sell Tudor in Oxford Street.