closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: X to 12 Pro

Master

X to 12 Pro

I’m thinking of chopping in my X for a 12Pro but wonder if it’s a wise move so what’s the thought on here from people that have done it?
    Is there a vast difference? I’m inclined towards the 12 pro rather than the 12 as lots of the pictures I take are at night in fairly poorly lit areas.

I know the S21 out there but that won’t happen, I don’t do change?.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lady I work with went from X to 12Pro Max - very happy with it but the weight and size is more than she would ideally like. She says the camera is "much better".

You are going up 3 iterations so I'd say it was a worthwhile upgrade.

I went from X to 11 pro max, and it was well worth it for the camera alone.

I bought a 12 Pro (not Max) for my Mrs as an upgrade from her X and she saw it as an upgrade is every area. The screen is better, camera is a significant upgrade, the size is great (and she's not a huge fan of huge phones), and the battery life is better.

Camera on the 12 is way better than the X and 11......and that's not even the 12 Pro version which is supposed to be even better/higher spec.

Master
    My 11 Pro Max died the other week, so I bought a 12 Pro Max and even there I can tell the difference.

I’m sure from an X you would too.

Don’t know if the camera is better on the 12 Pro Max vs the 12 Pro?

I went from a X to a 12 Pro. The camera on the 12 Pro is superb but I far preferred the round edges of the X (and the 11) vs the square, blocky shape of the edges of the 12. Beyond that I notice little difference.

Still using my X. Just had a look at the 12, ridiculous price. I won’t be bothering.

Master
    Thanks folks I’ll be getting one ordered!!! .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Camera on the 12 is way better than the X and 11......and that's not even the 12 Pro version which is supposed to be even better/higher spec.
    The cameras are essentially the same on the Pro and non-Pro, with two exceptions... the Pro has LIDAR which makes low-light focusing faster, which in-turn enables portrait mode in darker conditions. And the Pro has a third camera, the telephoto lens.

The Max is a different beast altogether with much broader changes.

I went from a 7 to a 12 Pro Max. For me the OLED screen is as much a bonus as the camera. When you look at the same photo on your LCD laptop screen compared to the phone screen it's a lot more subdued.

Master
    In the past I upgraded every two years but with the X I couldn’t see the point as it’s such a good phone. At 3 years old I replaced the battery and would hope I’ll get another few years out of it and get a 14 or whatever they call it.

I think they are just so good and so expensive now. You could buy a very good camera instead.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    Thanks folks I’ll be getting one ordered!!! .
    Sounds like the decision is already made. But FWIW I made the same upgrade, and the screen and camera are a big step up. You see your photos with an HDR quality that’s very cool (glowing lights in night scenes), though this doesn’t always translate well to lesser screens. Way better night shots too using long exposures, no comparison there. There’s also the very wide lens which can be useful though usually is a bit extreme, but it gives you a lot of range to zoom through from widest to closest. I can’t say any other features have made much of an impact, it does the same stuff as before.